BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 30d, 8h, 59m | CPU: 21% | MEM: 2342MB of 3971MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: 6956 went back to nagging?        Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:29 pm 
Donator

im running a normal 6956, expect for one thing, i installed it in 2007 (bios date change). i, for some reason, have to install 6801 in 2007 or else it would crash first time i opened it, same with 6956 (even on jan 1 2008). so i had time sync and it went back to 2008 but instead of saying activate me in limited mode it nags you by saying activate me on startup then every so often resets your theme to a graphite like one where you just have to change it back to default.

i can live with the nagging messages for a couple for weeks but the theme changing i know i cant, is there anyway i can lock my theme from changing? (or any other way to stop it?)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:37 pm 
Donator

Re-Install Windows.
Changng the date voids your 30 day trial.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:50 pm 
Donator

jabster wrote:
Re-Install Windows.
Changng the date voids your 30 day trial.

heck i find the messages from every program saying something about the date more annoying than that! hmmm it doesn't do it to often so i guess ill have to start getting used to it.

is there any way to make a batch file that changes the theme? (i use the default)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:13 pm 
try to rearm the timer back to 30 days

PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:59 pm 
Donator

The Chief wrote:
try to rearm the timer back to 30 days

i did that a little bit after the thread was created and it half worked. it still turns it to a dark graphite on startup but it didnt turn it back. so even more of a reason for getting a bat file that changes the theme to default would be having it run in the startup folder after i click ask me later on the pop up that loads on startup it would automatically change to normal.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:01 am 
FTP Access

So you've tried a reinstall then?

If not I would really recommend it

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:04 am 
Donator

well perosnally id rather stay with clicking ask me later and changing the backround once every startup rather han reinstalling as it took 5 instlals to get this one running. also a personal preference is that since it only instlals in 2007 on that computer without crashing when you turn it on id rather have that than the messages that come up for anythign security wise for date or any program.

i gues im fine with how it is now really.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:23 am 
Donator

zamadatix wrote:
well perosnally id rather stay with clicking ask me later and changing the backround once every startup rather han reinstalling as it took 5 instlals to get this one running. also a personal preference is that since it only instlals in 2007 on that computer without crashing when you turn it on id rather have that than the messages that come up for anythign security wise for date or any program.

That makes no sense, you mean to say that it will only run for you if you set the date back to 2007?
You should be able to install it first go, with the current date...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:36 pm 
Donator

jabster wrote:
zamadatix wrote:

That makes no sense, you mean to say that it will only run for you if you set the date back to 2007?
You should be able to install it first go, with the current date...

ya, all of them will jsut go to a white screen and never boot again if i install it after 2007. it might be me messing with bios drivers but hey its only 6801 and this one that do it (6519 works from the expiration date))

Top  Profile