BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 9d, 10h, 6m | CPU: 51% | MEM: 1980MB of 4617MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: The story about Longhorn 3718?        Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:06 pm 
Donator

I've read some things about it on the internet, leaked april 2004, but it didn't leak for a long time.

Quote:
3718 - The 3718 story is a wonder all of its own. I can't go into detail about this story but let's just say this is a looooong and intricate ordeal. In lieu of that, long story short, there were 2 screenshots that leaked in a similar fashion to the 3670 screenshot. Outside of my actual contacts, I know of 2 people who have/had this build... and trust me, it won't leak. There are things in 3718 that some people would kill for. I'll just leave it at that.

This is a post that was made in february 2004 (before it leaked) does anyone know the whole story about this build, and how it actually got leaked?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:53 pm 
FTP Access

It got given to the wrong people more than likely, what happens with most builds.

Or it could have been the original source who may have wanted to leak it

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:25 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
Pretty sure 3718 was more of the first.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:33 am 
FTP Access

I read at this website that Longhorn 3718 was a dirty leak. I tried to find the original topic at iexBeta, but it seems that it has been deleted.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:20 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Longhorn 4074
I think it was described here but the topic was deleted or something...
Anyway here's a google copy i've found.

Quote:
A Person at MS gave the build to two kiddies, which leaked it some time later. Well they thought they are uber 1337 if they do so. Anyway, everything was traced, the man who gave it to those 2 kids, was found out, lost his job, had to pay lots of money, lost his family and almost had to go to prison. Thats more or less the story. (in a short way.)

lol.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:46 pm 
Donator

FiFi wrote:

Quote:
A Person at MS gave the build to two kiddies, which leaked it some time later. Well they thought they are uber 1337 if they do so. Anyway, everything was traced, the man who gave it to those 2 kids, was found out, lost his job, had to pay lots of money, lost his family and almost had to go to prison. Thats more or less the story. (in a short way.)

lol.

that was what i wrote somewhere here, and no that was not 3718, it was 3686

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:18 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2008 Standard
Emir214 wrote:
I read at this website that Longhorn 3718 was a dirty leak. I tried to find the original topic at iexBeta, but it seems that it has been deleted.

It's alright, this website has tons of cool stuff.(such as a Mind Reader!) Thanks for sharing this website.

Ludacris wrote:

Fixed.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:06 am 
FTP Access

Someone already shared that website here before. But I've known about this website long before that.

Ludacris wrote:
FiFi wrote:

Quote:

lol.

Correction, this build was 3683.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:45 pm 
Donator

Emir214 wrote:
Someone already shared that website here before. But I've known about this website long before that.

Ludacris wrote:
FiFi wrote:

Quote:

lol.

Correction, this build was 3683.

Same could've been happened with 3663, but it didn't :cry: .

Top  Profile