BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 5d, 14h, 45m | CPU: 14% | MEM: 2117MB of 3635MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: How to install IE7 on Windows 7 Build 6801?        Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:11 pm 
FTP Access

My printer software (HP) won't install due to some plugin malfunction. After searching the Internet, I found out that the only solution to this problem was to uninstall IE8 and revert to IE7. The problem is I'm using Windows 7 Build 6801. Any information will be of help.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: How to install IE7 on Windows 7 Build 6801?        Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:43 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Mac OS X 10.6.3 :D
Emir214 wrote:
My printer software (HP) won't install due to some plugin malfunction. After searching the Internet, I found out that the only solution to this problem was to uninstall IE8 and revert to IE7. The problem is I'm using Windows 7 Build 6801. Any information will be of help.

The IE8 beta is incompatible with most programs displaying html such as HP or McAfee.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: How to install IE7 on Windows 7 Build 6801?        Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:11 pm 
Donator

Emir214 wrote:

You can try a portable IE7

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:46 pm 
Donator

Things like this are bound to occour, its why alot of people (myself included) reccomend you don't use a Beta/Alpha as you one and only OS.
Have you tried installing the driver via device manager?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:59 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 x64
Well when I try to install my HP PSC 1315xi the installer said: HP Installer plugin has stopped working

I went and download the driver from Windows Update and it works

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:48 am 
Donator

Printer drivers tend to come with alot of additional crap nobody wants, you'd be far better of installing it through device manager or one of the other "Non Installer" ways.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:00 pm 
FTP Access

Actually, I need the "additional crap", including scanner drivers and HP's scanning utility, since the scanner driver won't install through Device Manager.

Top  Profile