BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 5d, 2h, 37m | CPU: 39% | MEM: 2049MB of 3657MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Problems with apps that need the .net framework in 7... HELP        Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:23 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Real Life
Ok... I installed 7, and now I am having problems with the .net framework working properly...
First problem, any program that uses a certain part of .net (not sure which) gives me a (0xc0000135) error, upon googling this error, it gave me a list of C++ homebrew apps that have a section for support, all of which say to download the .net framework.

I go to the Microsoft website and download .net framework 3.5 and .net framework 3.5 sp1... no luck
what am i doing wrong?

i also seem to be having troubles installing virtual cd applications...

any help is gladly appriciated

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:28 pm 
Donator

i havent had any problems but of course i havent been using many programs, try windows vista. i didnt think they changed anything with .net though.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:29 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Real Life
i guess the two main programs i am having trouble with are Virtual CD v9 (i bought a key a while ago and still use it) and Halo2

sadly, my vista partiton went down the tubes and i didnt want to contact the manufacturer for a new disk...

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:32 pm 
Donator

and that is why we back up :wink: im guesing the cd manager is just a cd mounter try http://www.magiciso.com/tutorials/miso- ... erview.htm (freeware works good) but as for halo 2 go get an xbox and halo 3 :wink:

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:33 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Real Life
lol
too cheap to get xbox... why do you think i got a pc?
that and i dont want to buy a mod chip (if you get my drift)

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:37 pm 
Donator

lol i heard of a way to do it without a mod chip but not the place to talk about it, (planning for Christmas if you get my drift) anyways has anyone else reported any other problems with .net framework or is it just an isolated case. (i report no problems as of today)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:40 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Real Life
im gonna try this in my VM version that i have too (windows 7 in windows 7 in windows 7) kinda odd i know...
anyways... magic iso worked
daemon tools did not
alchol 52% did not
virtual cd v9.2 did not

In vm, worked just fine,
what way would you suggest i back up my data to keep me from loosing 300 gb of my life?

settings arent that big of a deal, i just hate having to collect my stuff over again

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:42 pm 
Donator

pizzaboy192 wrote:
im gonna try this in my VM version that i have too (windows 7 in windows 7 in windows 7) kinda odd i know...
anyways... magic iso worked
daemon tools did not
alchol 52% did not
virtual cd v9.2 did not

In vm, worked just fine,
what way would you suggest i back up my data to keep me from loosing 300 gb of my life?

settings arent that big of a deal, i just hate having to collect my stuff over again

everyone in my family has there own 1tb external so we have all the the backup space for everyone :) i personally keep my data on 2 hard drives per computer with the 2nd being a basic copy of recent data of the first so i dont have to wait for the transfer to go over my slow usb every time.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:46 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Real Life
well...
i have a 160 gb external that i could use to mirror my desktop internal... (that would be dumb because i need to format it anyways)
what would be transferred over if i just ran the 7 file utility?
or
could i just back up my user folder, and a list of my installed programs, and start from there?

what would be easier ( i know that i will probably install 7 as 64 bit instead of 32 bit, and the conversion from vista 64 to vista 32 was brutal...)

does anyone know if 7 will allow you to use unsigned drivers in 64 bit, or if there is a workaround?

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:50 pm 
Donator

You can make and play backups on the 360 with a modified dvd drive firmware, depending on what drive you have. There are four or five different manufacturers, I haven't really been into that for a while so if you're interested you might go look around www.xboxscene.com or www.xboxhacker.com . You don't need a modchip to play backups but you run the risk of being banned from Live! even if you aren't on when you play the backups. If Microsoft can tell that you are playing backups they will record that information, then when you connect to Live! you get banned. It's not worth doing because of the huge hassle it is to modify the drive, backup the games, and burn the copies. It's pretty much a guarantee that each step of the process requires you to have some hardware, software, and knowledge beyond what you already know because of Microsoft's proprietary copy-protection scheme.

Microsoft went to great lengths to keep the pirates at bay, unfortunately that also makes completely legal backups and homebrew practically impossible.

Last edited by QuiescentWonder on Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:54 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Real Life
thanks for the help on the xbox half, but i am still wondering if i can just copy my old user folder over to the new clean one VIA a external HDD...?
i have 55 GB of files in my user folder, and i can find all my apps online anyways...

also i am considering using 7 64 bit, is it possible to install unsigned drivers into it?

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:55 pm 
Donator

QuiescentWonder wrote:
You can make and play backups on the 360 with a modified dvd drive firmware, depending on what drive you have. There are four or five different manufacturers, I haven't really been into that for a while so if you're interested you might go look around www.xboxscene.com or www.xboxhacker.com . You don't need a modchip to play backups but you run the risk of being banned from Live! even if you aren't on when you play the backups. If Microsoft can tell that you are playing backups they will record that information, then when you connect to Live! you get banned. It's not worth doing because of the huge hassle it is to modify the drive, backup the games, and burn the copies. It's pretty much a guarantee that each step of the process requires you to have some hardware, software, and knowledge beyond what you already know because of Microsoft's proprietary copy-protection scheme.

well if your worried about having to backup games you probably wouldnt have live and the amount of work is worth 60$

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:00 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Real Life
has anyone used 7 with unsigned drivers in 64 bit?

i kinda need to know...

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:03 pm 
Donator

I don't know about unsigned drivers on 64-bit Windows 7 but you should be able to backup your user folder and move it into Vista. I wouldn't back the entire thing up but just your personal files onto a USB hard-drive.

Maybe it's easier now, it wasn't when I was doing it.

Every game that you backup you have to either take your Xbox apart and connect the drive to your computer or you need to buy one of these DVD drives that have the hacked firmware to connect to your PC to read the discs unless you want to buy one of those kits to install that lets you easily connect your drive to your PC without taking your 360 apart. You have to use DVD+R DL discs which cost a fortune in comparison to regular discs, then you need a DVD burner that will do bit setting. With the TS drive that was in my 360 I had to find a computer with a SATA controller that the firmware flasher utility would work on. I went threw five or six computers before I found one that would work, having to install a floppy drive in a few of them. Then, I had to launch the firmware reader/flasher from DOS (it won't work in Windows) and figure out which command-line options would work (imagine doing all this on 5-6 computers). Then I had my firmware backed up and moved the security information from the old firmware to the hacked firmware and flashed it to the drive. Then! Oh, there were updates to the firmware and I ended up repeating this same process (minus figuring out which computer it would work on) three or four times to update the firmware. Some of the backups I made wouldn't work... I spent weeks doing all of this. Then I find out some of the software I used to backup my games didn't backup the video partition for whatever reason so I need to update the software and repeat the backup process, wasting more time and discs so that I could try to avoid being banned from Live.

Sorry to get so off topic.

Last edited by QuiescentWonder on Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:08 pm 
Donator

the site i was viewing said you just needed a dvd drive capable of reading/burning dual layered disk to copy the game (they may have had a program oyu needed for burning but idk i wasnt paying much attention as i dont have a 360 yet) and you would have to only open it once and put the firmware on to get it to play them.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:08 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Real Life
{offtopic}
well... i have hacked an xbox 360 recently, but only because i was asked to... did both a HDD hack and a dvd hack... i would probably use magicswap though... STILL i am not getting an xbox till they are sub $100 here in the US...
{/offtopic}

now, if 7 does not accept unsigned drivers in 64 bit, can i (a) sign my own or (b) mod it so that it will?

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:11 pm 
Donator

It might be easier now, it's been a long time since I've bothered with it. If you are legitimately backing up your own games you either have to buy a special drive for your PC or connect your 360 drive to your computer every time you want to backup a game. Standard PC drives can't read 360 discs.

EDIT: You can't sign your own drivers. I can imagine that someone could modify Windows so that you can run them, but I've never heard of such a thing. What are you trying to use that has unsigned drivers?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:16 pm 
Donator

i googled it and they made a program that just converts the data on the disk so it goes from fat-x to iso and back so that saves most of hte work :) (i would give the link but i just closed the window lol, its on google though)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:18 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Real Life
i need unsigned drivers to be used for the stupid "protection" system on a few of my games...

that and my printer and my motehrboard both have a few unsigned drivers (my motherboard has some x64 ones, but they are unsingend )

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:40 pm 
Donator

pizzaboy192 wrote:
i need unsigned drivers to be used for the stupid "protection" system on a few of my games...

that and my printer and my motehrboard both have a few unsigned drivers (my motherboard has some x64 ones, but they are unsingend )

You might not really get any advantage from running x64 unless you have some applications that can really make use of it or a ton of RAM. It might just be easier to run 32-bit.

Also, those applications will still only backup 360 games if you have a specific model DVD drive with a modified firmware or a 360 drive with a modified firmware connected to your PC. The one I have is a Toshiba-Samsung SH-D162 running the kreon 0.9 firmware. At the time I bought it in the US the drives were in such high demand that I ended up paying about $80 for it.

Last edited by QuiescentWonder on Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:41 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Real Life
i have 6 gb ram, and use a vm alot... i am always running somthing on a pagefile... only because i can only use half my ram

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:46 pm 
Donator

I found this for Vista, I have no idea if it works in Windows 7. http://chris123nt.com/2007/04/28/driver-signing-in-x64/

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:50 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Real Life
nice...
how do i get an "elevated" command prompt though?
i know in linux, you type "sudo"
and there is some way to do ntadmin on windows...

any help?

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:53 pm 
Donator

I assumed it just meant to open the command prompt as admin. I don't have x64 installed on anything so I can't really test any of this.

Also, I was wrong, you can sign your own drivers: http://communities.vmware.com/thread/162117
Again though, I have no idea if it works.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:54 pm 
Donator

dont you just right click and hit run as admin on the shortcut in the start menu? (or if its a bat file do the same thing)

Top  Profile