BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 27d, 22h, 27m | CPU: 22% | MEM: 2665MB of 4561MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 PostPost subject: Windows 7 Build 6801 Timebomb removed        Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:21 pm 
Donator

i have found a patch to removed both activation and the 2010 timebomb with a winlogon.exe patch made by d4op. the readme made by d4op didn't work so here's my way

1.) extract the archive (download link below ) to a empty folder
2.) add the 'add_take_ownership.reg' to the registry (this will add a 'take ownership' option on the rightclick menu)
3.) go to the windows folder and rightclick the system32 folder and select 'take ownership option on the rightclick menu
4.) run getwinlogon.bat (this will get a copy of winlogon.exe to get patched to the folder where you download the archive
5.) run the patcher (windows.7.build.6801-patch) with administrator privileges (rightclick run as administrator)
6.) now that winlogon.exe is patched (the one in the download folder) now we have to replace the orginial one with the one we just patched
7.) restart windows 7 and restart in safe mode with command prompt and enter these commands
ren C:\windows\system32\winlogon.exe winlogon.bak
copy winlogon.exe (from the archive download location) to C:\windows\system32

for example if you download location is C:\2 you would type
copy C:\2\winlogon.exe C:\windows\system32

8.) restart windows 7 and enjoy

thanks go out for d4op for the great patcher

http://rapidshare.com/files/162757460/W ... k.rar.html

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:24 pm 
Donator

have you tried this patch? What does winver says about the expire date?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 Build 6801 Timebomb removed        Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:34 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 2000 SP4
Wow, have you tried this yet? It's be really cool if we can get the timebomb removed. I'll try this later and post my results. Also, if you can get into contact with d4op ask him to make one for 6519.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:20 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 x64
It works in x86 but not x64.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:22 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Mac OS Classic
so what your saying is it works. It removes both the timebomb and activation?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:52 pm 
Donator

the patch removes the reduce functionally mode (RFM) i have tested it in a VM and had the date set to 11\11\2015 and didn't lock me out even rebooted and still didn't lock me out the activation timer still counts down but don't lock you out and the winver command even at the date set to 11\11\2015 says that its expires 01\07\2009 2359

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:21 pm 
Donator

also this patch don't work on build 6519 it breaks the control panel and systen properties don't show up either sorry about double posting they no edit button

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:33 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 8
Has anyone confirmed this patch works before I either go grab the patch, or go grab the phone. I'd prefer not to reinstall Win7 for the third time this week

When I say confirmed this works, I mean not just yep my computer is still in one piece but yes it does the Job description

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:07 pm 
Donator

killed mine... altough the idea is not that bad...

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:25 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 8
Never mind. I prefer the more legitimate and easier way of using the phone up system to properly activate Win7. It works fine.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:33 pm 
Donator

Ludacris wrote:
killed mine... altough the idea is not that bad...

what do you mean it killed yours ??

new download link old one broken
http://rapidshare.com/files/162846111/W ... k.rar.html

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:55 pm 
Donator

if you do a crack doesn't it make the control panel empty? besides its much easier to just make to 5 minute call people no need to make files...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:26 pm 
FTP Access

Well, from what I've read, it's not only for the activation (Phone thing)
The timebomb will prevent your computer from booting after some date (i forgot) in January 2009. This is made my Microsoft so that people doesn't stick with beta OSes on a computer as a Main OS.
Try out on a VPC and switch the date to febuary 2009. Even if you phone activated, it'll get locked and there's no way back.
So, this is supposed to let you set the date (or use your computer) in 10 years with no problems. :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:24 pm 
Donator

Chicago wrote:
The timebomb will prevent your computer from booting after some date (i forgot) in January 2009. This is made my Microsoft so that people doesn't stick with beta OSes on a computer as a Main OS.
Try out on a VPC and switch the date to febuary 2009. Even if you phone activated, it'll get locked and there's no way back.
So, this is supposed to let you set the date (or use your computer) in 10 years with no problems. :)

i couldn;t imagine using this one for 1 years... :| i'm more of a whatevers latest or interesting from the past kind of person

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:06 am 
FTP Access

zamadatix wrote:
Chicago wrote:

i couldn;t imagine using this one for 1 years... :| i'm more of a whatevers latest or interesting from the past kind of person

Well... That's not the point, cuz that's only you. I usually format my computer every 6 months or so, but, it's a hassle to know that it may someday just stop working. My main laptop is formatted wheneaver it needs to, but, I prefer to know I will be able to use it until I want. She flies, so I sometimes just don't format it becuase I love my system's performance. That's why I prefer to remove the timebomb thing.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:18 am 
FTP Access

Chicago wrote:
it's a hassle to know that it may someday just stop working

To be honest if that was a major concern then you wouldn't be running an alpha preview version of Windows as a main OS... :P ;)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:30 am 
FTP Access

Vista Ultimate R2 wrote:
Chicago wrote:

To be honest if that was a major concern then you wouldn't be running an alpha preview version of Windows as a main OS... :P ;)

I am not. :P

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:50 am 
Donator

Chicago wrote:
Vista Ultimate R2 wrote:
Chicago wrote:

weird site for you to be on then, or you might just use emulation or another computer of course.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:56 am 
FTP Access

zamadatix wrote:
Chicago wrote:
Vista Ultimate R2 wrote:
Chicago wrote:

weird site for you to be on then, or you might just use emulation or another computer of course.

Well, not precisely. On emulators I don't care about just deleting the file I don't want. I can format as many times as I want, and I tested Windows Seven to the top.
I'm interested in many other beta things like Chicagos and such, and by now it's just fine to work with Vista SP2beta. It's very smooth and nice.
:)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:59 am 
Donator

chicago betas? no way Chicago! ;) but if you do a virtual pc you dont get 3d acceleration which means no aero and other features tied to it right? windows 7 is even better looking than vista is with the new taskbar in m opinion.

hmmm... i wonder if its possible to run a emulated version of every windows... say windows 7 running vista running xp running me running 2000 running 98 running etc... that would be awesome! (ly laggy i guess ;) )

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:05 am 
FTP Access

zamadatix wrote:
chicago betas? no way Chicago! ;) but if you do a virtual pc you dont get 3d acceleration which means no aero and other features tied to it right? windows 7 is even better looking than vista is with the new taskbar in m opinion.

hmmm... i wonder if its possible to run a emulated version of every windows... say windows 7 running vista running xp running me running 2000 running 98 running etc... that would be awesome! (ly laggy i guess ;) )

I installed windows 7 on my lappy with 1 gig of Video RAM and it ran amazingly (except for a little audio problem). I used it for about a week.
Then i rolled back, and nope, on a VPC you can't get the 3d effects but you may test the usability tools, Meaning, the real OS enhancements. I truly hope Windows 7 innovations are not only on the way the taskbar looks (which is great) and on the screensavers. I hope we get new, techonologic improvements.
:)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:19 am 
Donator

lol, for people who have as much add as i do that taskbar itself is a new windows os with aero ;) i installed it on a computer with 386 mb ram and 128 vram with a ati radeon xpress 200 processor and it ran faster than my slimmed version of xp so i never rolled back.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:02 am 
ok itry to fix it :wink: thank alot for this :idea:

PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:11 pm 
Donator

Here are the bytes that the crack modifies:
Code:
Comparing files winlogon.exe and WINLOGON.EXE.BAK
000107F1: 90 0F
000107F2: E9 84

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:56 pm 
Donator

Windows OCManage wrote:
Here are the bytes that the crack modifies:
Code:
Comparing files winlogon.exe and WINLOGON.EXE.BAK
000107F1: 90 0F
000107F2: E9 84

im guessing you have a program that finds that can you give me the link to it? :D

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next