BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 26d, 13h, 51m | CPU: 21% | MEM: 2265MB of 3957MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Windows Testware Unlocker        Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:58 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Win XP build 2419 | Win7 and up
This program i have created is for removing the timebomb and applying an workaround for the BIOS date.

Here is how it works :
1. You start the program and you will get an DOS-like window
2. It will ask you to enter a name, this will be the name of the ISO file later in the process
3. It will ask you where the source files are located, if the source is already patched goto step 7b
4. If the source is valid it will then ask you for the Product-Key. The product key will be inserted into the unattended setup file so you dont have to give the key anymore in setup. If you dont want to enter an key give no_key as product key.
5. The program will ask you to enter the date when the alpha or beta was valid, the build date is displayed below the question but is may be the wrong format (MM-DD-YYYY or DD-MM-YYYY the format must be MM-DD-YYYY)
6. When all set, the program will start copying the source files to C:\temp\$$ so be sure you have enough disk space. when the copy is complete the program applys the workaround and removes the timebomb
7. The program will now ask to where you want to copy the files to, when you have given the path it starts copying the files.
7b. Note that the given path is also your project path this path is needed when you want to recreate the ISO file.
8. The program will now ask you if you want to create the ISO if you want it type y elso n for No.
Extra: if you are working with the Longhorn builds, you can insert the DWM or any other registry in your_project\raw\$OEM$\$$\System32\customreg.reg file.

I hope that the program will be usefull to you as it is to me, if you have any comment about this program please post it and i will look if i can create it in the program.

(Current version : 1.12b)
Download :: https://53559fb5.cable.casema.nl/stuff/win_tw_unlock.rar
(for the ones that dont trust my SSL cert)
Download :: http://53559fb5.cable.casema.nl:81/win_tw_unlock.rar
WOOT : This program has been downloaded over a 100 times
(Current beta version : 1.20)
Download Beta : http://53559fb5.cable.casema.nl:81/win_tw_unlockbeta.rar

The beta supports the WIM and textmode setups

Last edited by Whistler_fan on Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:48 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Testware Unlocker        Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:09 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 2000 SP4
wow, it's really cool of you to do this, the tool seems very easy to use. You don't see many new members willing to put effort into making something like this! :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:09 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Neptune/Whistler2419/Linux Mint
your download link doesnt work

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:12 am 
Permanently Banned

betaluva wrote:

feel free to go back to 5th grade so you can sharpen up on your basic reading skills, ya know, so you can see that you need to ALLOW HIS [censored] SSL CERT!!!!

Whistler_Fan: Good software, and your english is pretty good :P

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:43 am 
Donator

To elaborate on Zimmys fine point:
If your getting somthing along those lines, click add exception, and follow the prompts.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:54 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 10
Zimmy wrote:
betaluva wrote:

feel free to go back to 5th grade so you can sharpen up on your basic reading skills, ya know, so you can see that you need to ALLOW HIS [censored] SSL CERT!!!!

Can't you just shut up and keep your bitching private? It's quite annoying... :^)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Testware Unlocker        Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:13 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
nookupeous wrote:
wow, it's really cool of you to do this, the tool seems very easy to use. You don't see many new members willing to put effort into making something like this! :)

Thank you, im just trying to create something usefull for all of us. I've created this program because i'm was getting tired of constantly changing my dates in the BIOS and my laptop hasnt any function in the bios to change it, so i was thinking howto create an workaround and well, this is the result.

If anyone has comments how i can improve the program, just say it i will look at it and will change it in the next versions (because of the good reply's i got, i will keep supporting it(untill there is no intrest))

Thanks guys, for the good comments i realy appreciate it! :D
(NOTE: If you cant download this because of an 404 error (page not found) please PM me, about the certificate, it is my own (It's from my mail server) as you can see it's signed by SkyTec Mail Service so dont have to worry about it.)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:24 pm 
FTP Access

Thanks for making this, it works great. I hope you keep working on it, it's really got great potential!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Testware Unlocker        Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:09 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 2000 SP4
Whistler_fan wrote:
nookupeous wrote:

Thank you, im just trying to create something usefull for all of us. I've created this program because i'm was getting tired of constantly changing my dates in the BIOS and my laptop hasnt any function in the bios to change it, so i was thinking howto create an workaround and well, this is the result.

If anyone has comments how i can improve the program, just say it i will look at it and will change it in the next versions (because of the good reply's i got, i will keep supporting it(untill there is no intrest))

Thanks guys, for the good comments i realy appreciate it! :D
(NOTE: If you cant download this because of an 404 error (page not found) please PM me, about the certificate, it is my own (It's from my mail server) as you can see it's signed by SkyTec Mail Service so dont have to worry about it.)

Yes, thanks again, this app has saved me at least 2 hours of doing all this myself today while looking at some whistler builds. Another thing I think would be useful is to somehow have an option where you say yes or no to having dwm and if you say yes you pick your build and it enables it.

check out this topic for more information on how to do this:

http://www.betaarchive.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=99

and another option I was thinking was to either have it put in the cd key for you (there's a thread containing cd-keys) when you input a build, but still leave in the no cd key options and manual input options.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Testware Unlocker        Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:11 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 2000 SP4
also, I'm running a mirror of this for those of you who are having troubles downloading.

http://hotlinkfiles.com/files/2042794_u ... unlock.rar

NOTE: It's a direct link! Enjoy!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Testware Unlocker        Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:47 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Quote:
and another option I was thinking was to either have it put in the cd key for you (there's a thread containing cd-keys) when you input a build, but still leave in the no cd key options and manual input options.

:idea: Done! (the product key you give to the program will be given to the setup so you dont have to input the serial key anymore, if you want to do it manualy, give no_key as cd-key and the program will not insert the key) the program has been updated!

Quote:
Another thing I think would be useful is to somehow have an option where you say yes or no to having dwm and if you say yes you pick your build and it enables it.

:idea: Done! You can insert the necessary registry into "Your_project_path\RAW\$OEM$\$$\system32\customreg.reg" that file will be inserted into the registry before setup will be started.(Please note that you have to repatch your testware, but i dont think that that is a problem)

Last edited by Whistler_fan on Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Testware Unlocker        Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:45 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
nookupeous wrote:
also, I'm running a mirror of this for those of you who are having troubles downloading.

http://hotlinkfiles.com/files/2042794_u ... unlock.rar

NOTE: It's a direct link! Enjoy!

You may consider to update the hosted file because that is version 1, the newest is version 1.11 (at the moment of typing)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:58 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Neptune/Whistler2419/Linux Mint
@Whistler_fan: thanks for sharing your software, as for zimmy: bye bye :D

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:04 am 
hi what is Windows Testware ? i don't know :o

PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:11 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
QQ321 wrote:

Testware is a collection name for Alpha's beta's and RC test builds
It would be a very long name to call it Windows Alpha/Beta/RC builds unlocker.
But thanks for asking :P

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:16 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
[BUG Fixed] Version 1.12b
I've fixed an minor bug and i just realized that the BootSect.bin file was missing in the releases so i've fixed that as well (so the program can build your ISO again)

Edit: to fix your previos builds, just copy the bootsect.bin to your project dir (paste it in the RAW directory) and build the iso with the program.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:56 am 
FTP Access

Whistler_fan wrote:
QQ321 wrote:

Testware is a collection name for Alpha's beta's and RC test builds
It would be a very long name to call it Windows Alpha/Beta/RC builds unlocker.
But thanks for asking :P

And which versions can it unlock?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:05 am 
Donator

Windows NT Based OS Setups (TextMode) (NT4,2000,XP)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:13 am 
FTP Access

Windows OCManage wrote:
Windows NT Based OS Setups (TextMode) (NT4,2000,XP)

Thanks!
Great!! Let me test it!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Testware Unlocker        Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:25 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 2000 SP4
Whistler_fan wrote:
Quote:

:idea: Done! (the product key you give to the program will be given to the setup so you dont have to input the serial key anymore, if you want to do it manualy, give no_key as cd-key and the program will not insert the key) the program has been updated!

Quote:
Another thing I think would be useful is to somehow have an option where you say yes or no to having dwm and if you say yes you pick your build and it enables it.

:idea: Done! You can insert the necessary registry into "Your_project_path\RAW\$OEM$\$$\system32\customreg.reg" that file will be inserted into the registry before setup will be started.(Please note that you have to repatch your testware, but i dont think that that is a problem)

Wow, cool, I had no clue that merging registry entries in setup was that easy. Is this the same way that dell and other OEM's autoinstall their software via their install CD's?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Testware Unlocker        Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:14 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
nookupeous wrote:
Whistler_fan wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Wow, cool, I had no clue that merging registry entries in setup was that easy. Is this the same way that dell and other OEM's autoinstall their software via their install CD's?

No OEM's do it an different way (with .INF files) but because i want to do this the easyist way, you can insert the registry into the registry file then when you install the os (by typing Install in the CMD prompt when Textmode setup has been completed and the graphical setup begins) the registry file is injected into the registry and then it begins the installation.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:22 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Quote:
And which versions can it unlock?

And i also working on an update that can unlock (sort of) the Vista/FLP based setups. Even patch the Windows 7 Timebomb, but i'm must first explore how the setup works so i can make an exploit for it.

Edit: Before i forget, you can also prepatch your longhorn build with this (you know the Ctrl-Alt-Delete thing, that you cant login with an different date then the build date) to do this just copy the patched winlogon.exe to "your_project_folder\raw\$OEM$\$$\system32" and your build is prepatched!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:45 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
I'm at the moment installing longhorn build 4039 (so i can search for exploits, so i can make an unlock for it) but i want to know which builds you guys wanted to be supported by the unlocker?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:26 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
Whistler_fan wrote:
I'm at the moment installing longhorn build 4039 (so i can search for exploits, so i can make an unlock for it) but i want to know which builds you guys wanted to be supported by the unlocker?

With the 40xx builds, it's exclusively to do with the activation system. You pre-patch the activation in the WIM, and it'll run without any restriction on time. Some actually have no restriction anyway (4051, 4053?, 4074 and 4093)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:56 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Quote:
With the 40xx builds, it's exclusively to do with the activation system. You pre-patch the activation in the WIM, and it'll run without any restriction on time. Some actually have no restriction anyway (4051, 4053?, 4074 and 4093)

So what you mean it is only an Winlogon patch issue ?
As for the WIM files I cant patch those because the WIM version does not match that one of vista, and it takes too much time and space to extract, patch and recreate the WIM again.

Im now working on an beta of the unlocker that can replace the orgininal with the patched file.

Edit : Had anyone got any problems with this program or bugs that i can fix.

Top  Profile