BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 22d, 11h, 22m | CPU: 19% | MEM: 5529MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: My Tribute to Longhorn        Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:38 pm 
FTP Access

I was bored...so http://real-encounters.blogspot.com/2008/10/tribute-to-longhorn-thanks-for-all-fish.html

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:56 pm 
FTP Access

In case you don't know, one or two features from Longhorn are making a comeback to Windows 7 or having similar functionality, eg: the Documents, Music, and Pictures folders are now libraries, similar to WinFS but not exactly the same like in Windows Vista Beta 1, and there is a ''Hardware & Devices centre'' similar to the ''My Hardware/Hardware and Devices'' folder that was in Longhorn, except you can't view the items in a carousel view. And also, there is a domain-like networking feature called Castles.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:05 pm 
FTP Access

squidward_ wrote:
In case you don't know, one or two features from Longhorn are making a comeback to Windows 7 or having similar functionality, eg: the Documents, Music, and Pictures folders are now libraries, similar to WinFS but not exactly the same like in Windows Vista Beta 1, and there is a ''Hardware & Devices centre'' similar to the ''My Hardware/Hardware and Devices'' folder that was in Longhorn, except you can't view the items in a carousel view. And also, there is a domain-like networking feature called Castles.

I know that, hence:

Quote:
Your broken promises may be fulfilled in the future, but you (the OS "Longhorn" itself) will never see the light of day.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:12 pm 
FTP Access

Sorry if I am upsetting you by saying this, but the way it was all said, it sounds like Longhorn was a real life person who promised us miracles then died just as they were about to bring them.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:34 pm 
FTP Access

The Ephemeral between existance and non-existance: AKA "being"

Favourite OS
Rhapsody, BeOS
Or died when it was about to be exposed for the fraud they/it were...

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:30 am 
FTP Access

squidward_ wrote:
Sorry if I am upsetting you by saying this, but the way it was all said, it sounds like Longhorn was a real life person who promised us miracles then died just as they were about to bring them.

That was exactly my point of writing it. It really sounds like it was a real person,

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:42 pm 
FTP Access

I think Microsoft could do a lot with Windows 7 to make it 10 times better than Vista, even if they end up going over the late 2009/early 2010 deadline, but no matter what they do, I think Longhorn will always be the best, even if it has all those bugs.

Top  Profile  WWW