BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 22d, 23h, 10m | CPU: 47% | MEM: 5498MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Changes from Previous Builds        Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:49 pm 
I asked DjRob about adding changes to the previous leaked build to the MWCB. Well, since hes pretty busy actually he asked me to start the thread, and i did it. :)

Ok, I would like all members who know such things to say them.

What do I mean? things like

Quote:
In 2031 of memphis nt (Windows 2000) they removed the winmsd tool which was avaible in the last leaked build (1946)

or

Quote:
In Longhorn 3706 a new taskbar is avaible as option that centers the taskbar tabs. This wasnt avaible in 3683

I hope you all know what i mean.

Why should I help?

As a special honor all members who help here will be listed on the HELP.html of MWCB, isnt that awesome? :)

Thanks for reading and djrob and me would be happy if many people answer here

Also for having more useful results i would like any moderator or admin to stick this thread.

Thanks

PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:13 pm 
Donator

what do you want us to do? we should find errors, if i got you right, right?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:42 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows & Phone
Well what we mean with it.

In the Microsoft Windows Collection Book I want some information about the build.
Not just the BIOS Date and Installation Issues.
I mean more detailed information about builds, new technology's that were put in, like the Luna theme.
And wich technology's were removed in that build.

Like:
Quote:
In Memphis NT 5.00.2031 was the WINMSD (Windows NT Diagnostics) removed, it was present in the previous build (Memphis NT 5.00.1946)

And like this:

Quote:
In Longhorn 6.0.3706 was a new function in the taskbar that longhorn 6.0.3683 didnt have, the new technology is that the taskbar has an option to center all tasks in the middle of the taskbar, not like with XP and 6.0.3683 only at the left.

And about the credits
You will get a special place in on the: Who helped Microsoft Windows Collection Book webpage.

You can help by putting the text in a post here, or register at my forum at: http://djrob.betaarchive.co.uk/forum and put it there in the right topic.
Registration is free and doesnt require anything.

Reading Mode only, PM's possible.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:43 pm 
For an example ill start some things here:

NT 4:

Build 1130 is the last build that shows NT diagnostics in NT 3.x style
Build 1234 is the last one containing the "print manager" and the control panel has some new icons

Windows 2000

Build 1729: Even in true color mode the standard background color is green, that changes on 1796, also MSN is integrated, but has no icon and doesnt work properly
Build 1877: also has a new CD player and the wmp 6 has a new interface
Build 1946: Most parts of the system were renamed from "NT5" to "Windows 2000", new Windows Media Player 6 (6.01.02.1123), also its the last build that contains winmsd
Build 2031: New icons for "my computer" and a couple of things, CMD shows "Windows 2000" and not "NT5" anymore, instead of "winmsd" "msinfo32" is integrated

Neptune

5111 (to 2000 Final): system often doesnt say "2000" but neptune, a new NT kernel build (5.50), the activity centers, the logon, the "Create first windows identitie" dialog, the new users control applet, the "help and support" center from windows ME, multi desktops, automatic update (hidden)

PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:01 pm 
.net server
from 2430 to 2433 the winver logo and logon screen changed from a black one to the xp logo one
also it seems like 2433 is the first whistler server with working activation, but im not sure yet