Windows VISTA New Wallpapers

Discuss Windows Vista, 7, 8.x, 10 and Windows Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2016, 2019, Home Server, SBS 2008, SBS 2011.
Gillian
FTP Access

Windows VISTA New Wallpapers

Post by Gillian »

Orry Verducci

Post by Orry Verducci »

Thanks for the upload. It's an excellent collection of wallpapers Microsoft have put into Vista, very impressive. It's nice to know they are paying attention to the fine details such as wallpapers.

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

I agree, these are really beautiful!

wrm

Post by wrm »

Thanks for these wallpapers ! beautiful

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

These images are now available in the screenshots gallery under "Vista Starter Edition Backgrounds".

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

It's quite crazy that Vista Starter has more beautiful backgrounds than the other Vista editions, isn't it? At least that's my opinion...

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

empireum wrote:It's quite crazy that Vista Starter has more beautiful backgrounds than the other Vista editions, isn't it? At least that's my opinion...
I suppose this is for people who have lack of PC knowledge so they give them some decent backgrounds to play with. With other more knowledgable people they let them put in their own.

Generally speaking I think most people who use a PC with a lot of knowledge don't care about their background. I don't see enough of my desktop to care whats on it. I always have screens open.

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

Andy wrote:
empireum wrote:It's quite crazy that Vista Starter has more beautiful backgrounds than the other Vista editions, isn't it? At least that's my opinion...
I suppose this is for people who have lack of PC knowledge so they give them some decent backgrounds to play with. With other more knowledgable people they let them put in their own.

Generally speaking I think most people who use a PC with a lot of knowledge don't care about their background. I don't see enough of my desktop to care whats on it. I always have screens open.
Good point. But I have to say although I classify myself as having "decent" knowledge of PCs/OSes , I do care about a beautiful background even though I always have some windows open. Maybe that's because I almost never have any windows in full-screen mode, just multiple windows. (Full-screen windows look too huge on my 20" LCD.) So I always see at least a part of my background and therefore, I want it to be beautiful. I know how to put in my own wallpapers, though. And I see the background when restarting the computer (although this doesn't occur too often...)

skeets
FTP Access

Post by skeets »

i'm not as concerned with a "beautiful" background so much as a background that i feel is cool or gives a good representation of my interest(s).

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

The same with me I prefer landscapes because I like going for a walk 'n that stuff.

___
Donator

Post by ___ »

it is nice that microsoft has all these wallpapers, but i generaly change mine anyway

pinarek

Gillians Wallpaper Where ?

Post by pinarek »

Can you again post this Wallpaper ? Thank you

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

They're in the Gallery as well. Yu can get them from there

pinarek

Post by pinarek »

empireum..a big thanks from me.

ophsj

Expired

Post by ophsj »

The link has expired.!!

Andy
Administrator

Re: Expired

Post by Andy »

ophsj wrote:The link has expired.!!
These are available in the "Build Screenshots" link at the top of the page. Enjoy.

ophsj

Post by ophsj »

Thanks, i was looking and couldnt find them!!!!

ThunderKiller

Post by ThunderKiller »

in the starter are wallpapers that are not included in the ultimate?

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

Yeah, it seems so.

ThunderKiller

Post by ThunderKiller »

hmm i download them tomorrow