Bypass Longhorn Timebomb from ISO

Discuss Windows Vista, 7, 8.x, 10 and Windows Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2016, 2019, Home Server, SBS 2008, SBS 2011.
darthtk118
FTP Access

Bypass Longhorn Timebomb from ISO

Post by darthtk118 »

Is there a way to get rid of the timebomb in the ISO's of Longhorn? Preferably the 3xxx builds. I can replace the winlogon.ex_'s to get rid of activation, but it's almost useless without the timebomb.

XDude
Donator

Post by XDude »

same way that you would get rid of the timebomb in xp/server 2003

darthtk118
FTP Access

Post by darthtk118 »

Are you referring to TweakNT? Or doing something to the ISO?

Vista Ultimate R2
FTP Access

Post by Vista Ultimate R2 »

You can get rid of the timebomb in the Server 2003 trials (32-bit only, I tried with XP x64 and it removes the watermark and text telling you it's a trial but the timebomb seems to remain) by editing setupreg.hiv on the CD, you should be able to find details by searching the web for it It would presumably work for Longhorn too as it is very similar to 2003. Though of course you can leave it in the ISO and use TweakNT after installing if you prefer.

betaluva
Donator

Post by betaluva »

i always add a copy of tweakNt to my nt based iso files, i put it in the SUPPORT/TOOLS folder and then run it on the first boot.

darthtk118
FTP Access

Post by darthtk118 »

Thanks for the help I think I have figured it out. One question though: does the timebomb also regulate the time in which the OS can run? In other words, could you install it without turning back your BIOS clock if this works?

XDude
Donator

Post by XDude »

darthtk118 wrote:Thanks for the help I think I have figured it out. One question though: does the timebomb also regulate the time in which the OS can run? In other words, could you install it without turning back your BIOS clock if this works?
nope, i think it still looks for the correct date
i havent installed a cracked build for quite a long time, but i think it still needs the correct date.

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

No, with the Longhorn 3xxx builds you'd still need to set the date back. This is a limitation with the installer.
I made a 3718 ISO with the timebomb and activation removed. It'uses the 4xxx Install system. You can get it from the details in the server forum. Look at the release notes before using though

fred30w
FTP Access

Post by fred30w »

[quote="hounsell"]No, with the Longhorn 3xxx builds you'd still need to set the date back. This is a limitation with the installer.
I made a 3718 ISO with the timebomb and activation removed. It'uses the 4xxx Install system. You can get it from the details in the server forum. Look at the release notes before using though [/quote]Good job making that ISO. But, 3718 has no timebomb.(the one that renders your OS useless after 180 days)

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

fred30w wrote:Good job making that ISO. But, 3718 has no timebomb.(the one that renders your OS useless after 180 days)
Firstly, don't bump topics. Secondly, if you read the topic, You'd understand I was referring to the setup timebomb, that forces you to set your date back in order to be able to install it.

fred30w
FTP Access

Post by fred30w »

[quote="hounsell"][quote="fred30w"]Good job making that ISO. But, 3718 has no timebomb.(the one that renders your OS useless after 180 days)[/quote]

Firstly, don't bump topics. Secondly, if you read the topic, You'd understand I was referring to the setup timebomb, that forces you to set your date back in order to be able to install it.[/quote]
Oh, I get it, sorry for the misunderstanding.