BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 8d, 18h, 16m | CPU: 35% | MEM: 2717MB of 4265MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Bypass Longhorn Timebomb from ISO        Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:31 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7
Is there a way to get rid of the timebomb in the ISO's of Longhorn? Preferably the 3xxx builds. I can replace the winlogon.ex_'s to get rid of activation, but it's almost useless without the timebomb.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:26 pm 
Donator

same way that you would get rid of the timebomb in xp/server 2003

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:34 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7
Are you referring to TweakNT? Or doing something to the ISO?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:01 pm 
FTP Access

You can get rid of the timebomb in the Server 2003 trials (32-bit only, I tried with XP x64 and it removes the watermark and text telling you it's a trial but the timebomb seems to remain) by editing setupreg.hiv on the CD, you should be able to find details by searching the web for it ;) It would presumably work for Longhorn too as it is very similar to 2003. Though of course you can leave it in the ISO and use TweakNT after installing if you prefer.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:38 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Neptune/Whistler2419/Linux Mint
i always add a copy of tweakNt to my nt based iso files, i put it in the SUPPORT/TOOLS folder and then run it on the first boot.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:08 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7
Thanks for the help :D I think I have figured it out. One question though: does the timebomb also regulate the time in which the OS can run? In other words, could you install it without turning back your BIOS clock if this works?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:16 am 
Donator

darthtk118 wrote:
Thanks for the help :D I think I have figured it out. One question though: does the timebomb also regulate the time in which the OS can run? In other words, could you install it without turning back your BIOS clock if this works?

nope, i think it still looks for the correct date
i havent installed a cracked build for quite a long time, but i think it still needs the correct date.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:27 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
No, with the Longhorn 3xxx builds you'd still need to set the date back. This is a limitation with the installer.
I made a 3718 ISO with the timebomb and activation removed. It'uses the 4xxx Install system. You can get it from the details in the server forum. Look at the release notes before using though ;)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:43 pm 
FTP Access

[quote="hounsell"]No, with the Longhorn 3xxx builds you'd still need to set the date back. This is a limitation with the installer.
I made a 3718 ISO with the timebomb and activation removed. It'uses the 4xxx Install system. You can get it from the details in the server forum. Look at the release notes before using though ;)[/quote]Good job making that ISO. But, 3718 has no timebomb.(the one that renders your OS useless after 180 days)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:06 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
fred30w wrote:
Good job making that ISO. But, 3718 has no timebomb.(the one that renders your OS useless after 180 days)

Firstly, don't bump topics. Secondly, if you read the topic, You'd understand I was referring to the setup timebomb, that forces you to set your date back in order to be able to install it.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:57 am 
FTP Access

[quote="hounsell"][quote="fred30w"]Good job making that ISO. But, 3718 has no timebomb.(the one that renders your OS useless after 180 days)[/quote]

Firstly, don't bump topics. Secondly, if you read the topic, You'd understand I was referring to the setup timebomb, that forces you to set your date back in order to be able to install it.[/quote]
Oh, I get it, sorry for the misunderstanding. :)

Top  Profile