Vista CD Images packed to one DVD?

Discuss Windows Vista, 7, 8.x, 10 and Windows Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2016, 2019, Home Server, SBS 2008, SBS 2011.
pr0gram the pr0grammer
Donator

Vista CD Images packed to one DVD?

Post by pr0gram the pr0grammer »

Can a set of CD images of Vista be repacked to make one DVD easily? It seems that the image of Vista Business I can get through MSDNAA is only available as CD images, which is a pain... I'd much rather install from a DVD so I don't have to swap discs. Are there any guides on how to do this, if it's possible?
pr0gram the pr0grammer
BetaArchive retiree | OSBA Expat

Vista Ultimate R2
FTP Access

Post by Vista Ultimate R2 »

You could get the DVD from the FTP server and use your MSDN key with that, it should work. Alternatively try the Alternate Media site to see if it accepts your key, you may or may not be allowed to order the DVD from there (64-bit only as they assume you got the 32-bit one in your retail box, the site offers 64-bit DVDs and 32-bit CDs, but OEM keys are not accepted). Presumably you will want a 64-bit DVD from somewhere anyway as the CD set is only 32-bit so you can't have any 64-bit at all at the moment.

___
Donator

Post by ___ »

yes it can. vlite can do it for you

Ambig
FTP Access

Re: Vista CD Images packed to one DVD?

Post by Ambig »

pr0gram the pr0grammer wrote:Can a set of CD images of Vista be repacked to make one DVD easily? It seems that the image of Vista Business I can get through MSDNAA is only available as CD images, which is a pain... I'd much rather install from a DVD so I don't have to swap discs. Are there any guides on how to do this, if it's possible?
That's weird. My school offered the following for Vista for MSDNAA:

1 key for Vista 32-bit (DVD ISO download)
1 key for Vista 64-bit (DVD ISO download)
1 key for Vista 32-bit (5 CD ISO downloads)

Each key can be interchanged with each other, for a total of 3 free Vista keys.

Frozenport
FTP Access
Location: The Ephemeral between existance and non-existance: AKA "being"

Post by Frozenport »

Download a DVD image from a torrent... Use your legal code...
Part Time Troll - HPC Enthusiast - Spelling Master - Old Fart