BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 4d, 8h, 4m | CPU: 32% | MEM: 2190MB of 4559MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Windows 7 - Differences between the same Build?        Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:19 pm 
Hi,
Somewhere in the internet I found the Windows 7 Build 6519. Now i have a question about it. I have read about a partition that is created by the setup. Everywhere is written that its hidden and not accessable by the explorer. But in my Virtual PC I can access this partion. Also I have read about a timebomb, a BSOD every two hours. My sytem is running longer without any BSOD.
Is there a differenc between the same build? :o

PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 - Differences between the same Build?        Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:31 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
Bavario wrote:
Hi,
Somewhere in the internet I found the Windows 7 Build 6519. Now i have a question about it. I have read about a partition that is created by the setup. Everywhere is written that its hidden and not accessable by the explorer. But in my Virtual PC I can access this partion. Also I have read about a timebomb, a BSOD every two hours. My sytem is running longer without any BSOD.

Firstly, have you set the date back? That will allow you to run the build longer than two hours. Also the time sync can cause it to last longer.

I think I could access the partition as well. Either way, it isn't a large issue.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:18 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 8 7955
When I installed it (as a dual boot with vista) it only ended up with one, Windows 7 partition.
I had 20 gb free (empty partition) on the disk, and Windows 7 Installed to that partition without any changes...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:31 am 
Donator

on Virtual PC 2007 SP1, I have single 10GB virtual hdd. after installing 7, it separate the partition into 2 partitions. the second partition is around 500mb. anyone have idea what is happening? 8-)

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:50 am 
FTP Access

FarCry3r wrote:
on Virtual PC 2007 SP1, I have single 10GB virtual hdd. after installing 7, it separate the partition into 2 partitions. the second partition is around 500mb. anyone have idea what is happening? 8-)

Just normal
It did the same for all.
We all have this little 500 meg partition.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:00 am 
Donator

Chicago wrote:
FarCry3r wrote:

Just normal
It did the same for all.
We all have this little 500 meg partition.

so what is this actually? some sort of rescue partition? I'm curious because setup didn't ask for any partition making etc...

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:01 am 
FTP Access

It writes some files for activation I think. I'm not really sure what is it for, but I'm sure it's not just for pleasure. hahaha

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 - Differences between the same Build?        Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:23 am 
hounsell wrote:
Bavario wrote:
Hi,

Firstly, have you set the date back? That will allow you to run the build longer than two hours. Also the time sync can cause it to last longer.

I think I could access the partition as well. Either way, it isn't a large issue.

Yes the date is set back to the end of 2007. Could it be because I dont have activated? Nevertheless I have a serialnumber insert by the setup !?

The partition i didnt touch anyway. It was shown at the first start...

PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 - Differences between the same Build?        Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:47 am 
Donator

Bavario wrote:
hounsell wrote:
Bavario wrote:
Hi,

Yes the date is set back to the end of 2007. Could it be because I dont have activated? Nevertheless I have a serialnumber insert by the setup !?

since this is based on Vista, you probably won't need a cd-key like vista too. I also never experienced BSOD, not even single one. It runs on VPC for more than 6 hours. and I also didn't touch the partition, it just there and I just look at it... :|

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 - Differences between the same Build?        Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:02 am 
FTP Access

FarCry3r wrote:
Bavario wrote:
hounsell wrote:
Bavario wrote:
Hi,

since this is based on Vista, you probably won't need a cd-key like vista too. I also never experienced BSOD, not even single one. It runs on VPC for more than 6 hours. and I also didn't touch the partition, it just there and I just look at it... :|

It depends on the your BIOS date.
Set it once to the current date, and you'll see.
I removed Vista and set up 7 as my main OS for a while.
So, I know all those issues.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:57 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows & Phone
It looks like that the extra partition is a partition made by the install for Vista's recovery image.

It just boots in to PE and then start repairing (like the OEM versions, if you buy a laptop or computer you get an recovery partition).

Its not large, i have an Windows Recovery Environment on CD about 300MB.

Reading Mode only, PM's possible.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:21 am 
FTP Access

is it maybe a swap partition?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:31 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows & Phone
Windows Swaps with pagefile.sys

Reading Mode only, PM's possible.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:30 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
Well, on mine there is simply nothing but boot files:

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:44 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7
The second partition supposed to be hidden, but there is a bug in that...
Anyway, the other partition is not for recovery, but for some Windows files that cannot be seen on Windows...
Those are some Windows files, also, some part of the kernel is stoared there, in case windows cannot work anymore, to save some data.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:05 am 
FTP Access

Seems that everyone of you end up with a 500M partition with single boot~~ I tried Dual boot with Vista 64 bit and couldn't find any partition mentioned.. It couldn't be a recovery partition then~ Otherwise it's too unfair for dual boot users:)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:45 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 8 7955
lisiuwah wrote:
Seems that everyone of you end up with a 500M partition with single boot~~ I tried Dual boot with Vista 64 bit and couldn't find any partition mentioned.. It couldn't be a recovery partition then~ Otherwise it's too unfair for dual boot users:)

Same deal for me, except I dual booted with Windows Vista 32 bit. (I installed to a blank, but already formated partition with no unallocated space on the disk, from inside Vista)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:33 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
Well, I'd conclude that it is just for boot files at the moment. For those dual-booting, it will already have a compatible bootloader, so 7 won't overwrite it.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:53 pm 
FTP Access

hounsell wrote:
Well, on mine there is simply nothing but boot files:

grldr ?
Grub4Dos loader ?.
It was used in the oembios-crack.

Is this partition untouched ?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:21 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
Ah. Good point.

At this point, I should mention I used the VistaLoader crack :oops:

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:28 pm 
my partion is different. I donĀ“t have this grldr-file. if you have a look on the date it is made later.

PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:57 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
Yeh, as mentioned before, the grldr is part of my activation crack (VistaLoader) I am running with 7 ;)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:43 pm 
I installed M1 (32bit) on a separate drive with my original vista drive install still attached (64 bit), it seemed to automatically give me the option on boot to choose which OS to boot into. After setting the date to the current date, M1 died, but setting the bios clock back resolved the issue after a re-auth of the install. I used the came ultimate key on both installs.

PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:05 pm 
there is 64bit?

PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:38 pm 
Donator

bointhemix wrote:
there is 64bit?

Yes, but not publicly leaked
here is a screen:

Top  Profile