longhorn 4xxx or 3xxx builds??

Discuss Windows Vista, 7, 8.x, 10 and Windows Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2016, 2019, Home Server, SBS 2008, SBS 2011.
solonkin

longhorn 4xxx or 3xxx builds??

Post by solonkin »

wich is more stable longhorn 4xxx or 3xxx builds??

Rob Jansen
Donator

Post by Rob Jansen »

3xxx wich has no/minimal memory leak.

If you want to run it as a main OS, get an XP or Vista because betas arent stable at all (at some computer there are stable)

solonkin

Post by solonkin »

ok thanks

solonkin

Post by solonkin »

i have a problem on my nforce 3 lan chipset with longhorn 4074 M1, what can i do?when i install the driver than i have a bluescreen

hypr
Donator

Post by hypr »

3718 is pretty stable, though some programs don't work with it, another good build is I believe 4038.

solonkin

Post by solonkin »

i can`t find a leak of 4038??? have somebody a link?

Rob Jansen
Donator

Post by Rob Jansen »

I think he means 4039.
4038 is not leaked.

And get enough contributing posts and get most longhorns.
But try the public server section, there are some beauties on there, and doenst require contributing posts.

solonkin

Post by solonkin »

ok, but i can´t go to the ftp server, i don´t have the acces for this

Rob Jansen
Donator

Post by Rob Jansen »

solonkin

Post by solonkin »

all longhorn ftp server are down

DJ Gx

Post by DJ Gx »

Too bad

J.Byrne
Donator

Post by J.Byrne »

I love build 4074, its also pretty easy to find on the net.
I find its incredibly stable for me, so long as you let it sit for an hour or so after install.
If you dont let it sit, explorer crashes like crazy and the sidebar leaks memory pretty bad.
Long story short, build 4074 is pretty stable.

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

jabster wrote:I love build 4074, its also pretty easy to find on the net.
I find its incredibly stable for me, so long as you let it sit for an hour or so after install.
If you dont let it sit, explorer crashes like crazy and the sidebar leaks memory pretty bad.
Long story short, build 4074 is pretty stable.
Wow! That sounds so stable.
Have you tried any other build other than 4074, particularly that '3718' build? Maybe try some of those evil '5xxx' builds that 'aren't really longhorn'?

I'm just thinking that if you think 4074 is stable, you should try more builds. 4074 isn't really the best build in any respect, even from the leaked builds. It's just that it offers a reasonable mixture of features. I personally prefer 3718 myself. It's one of those builds that work, is surprisingly stable for such an early alpha, and can still look great.

betamaster

Post by betamaster »

For me Build 3706 is stable. I work on IBM Pentium 300 mhz and 64 MB Ram
I don`t know what i am looking :P

4tified
Donator

Post by 4tified »

Build 5048 runs very well if you have at least 1GB of RAM, even though it's ugly, it's still functional and nice on your hardware (since almost everything was omitted from this build for the code reset.) I also found that most programs install fine on this version. I guess this could be due to the fact that it was so close to the Server 2003 core and hadn't switched over yet, so programs were able to find the appropriate resources to install. I kinda like it myself

Beta_Vistaglass
FTP Access

Post by Beta_Vistaglass »

I've used 5048 as my main OS for 9 months! It's a quite good build! =))

mulholland
Donator

Post by mulholland »

Beta_Vistaglass wrote:I've used 5048 as my main OS for 9 months! It's a quite good build! =))
I'm not sure if this is a fair question here so mods feel free to delete if improper, but how have you managed to get 5048 to stay activated for 9 months? Last I installed 5048, I was able to kill off the timebomb, but AntiWPA detects a Vista OS and fails to patch leaving me with 14 days to activate.