BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 2d, 1h, 13m | CPU: 5% | MEM: 4940MB of 8191MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Windows Longhorn Kernel Modding        Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:39 am 

Favourite OS
Windows Longhorn Build 4039
Hello BetaArchive. I want to change Windows Longhorn's kernel from build 4074 to 2600 (Windows XP). I tried to follow this tutorial but its explanation is complicated. Can someone clearly step-by-step explain that guide to me on how to do this? The only thing i need is to completely and properly understand the guide.

(Link: viewtopic.php?t=27164)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Longhorn Kernel Modding        Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:02 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Longhorn 4074, Whistler 2419
Hi. The guide is self-explanatory, just open its ntoskrnl.exe in any hex editor like HxD, search for the build number, change it to desired one and save the file.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Longhorn Kernel Modding        Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:56 am 

Favourite OS
Windows Longhorn Build 4039
It just doesnt work exactly like you said. What is messing with me is step 4-5. He says there is some number on the left but i just cant see anything. What does he mean?

Top  Profile