BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 60d, 0h, 32m | CPU: 35% | MEM: 5086MB of 12191MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: What do you think Windows would be like if Windows 8...?        Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:19 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Vista 5212.winmain.050726-1915
What do you think Windows would be like today if Windows 8 had been successful?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What do you think Windows would be like if Windows 8...?        Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:57 pm 

Favourite OS
NT 5 & 6
no different

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What do you think Windows would be like if Windows 8...?        Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:24 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 3.2
No one knows. One thing is sure though, it would have kept the start screen.

Shareware featuring an upgrade for preexisting Windows 3.1 users and BONUS PACK
Distributed freely by PC World. March 1996

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What do you think Windows would be like if Windows 8...?        Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:43 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Vista 5212.winmain.050726-1915
LuLu wrote:
no different

Thank you for replying, LuLu. But... why do you think this?

Winins wrote:
No one knows. One thing is sure though, it would have kept the start screen.

I can think of so many beautiful refinements and scenarios!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What do you think Windows would be like if Windows 8...?        Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:07 pm 

Favourite OS
NT 5 & 6
re:

because there was nothing 8 could "push" that would make alternate win "version"
and it doesn't matter if its better than 10...

i'd say many would admit that even vista, and ofc 7 and 8 are better than 10
but look what we got ..., well what you got (as i dont' use that crap hihihh)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What do you think Windows would be like if Windows 8...?        Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:37 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
NT3.X Family
More or less, had Windows 8 become more successful, it's likely there would have been a higher prevalence of "true" tablet machines under Windows 8. It was very intuitive for the tablet user, and its popularity possibly would have enable many many more iPad alternatives.

Nonetheless, eventually Nadella would have gotten his way and we would have wound up with some, if not many of the drabs of Windows 10 entering the alternate "Windows 9." It is likely, however, that we would have received the "Update 2" for Windows 8.1 bringing a proper start menu for those who were resistant to change before the next incarnation of Windows was due.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What do you think Windows would be like if Windows 8...?        Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:59 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Amiga OS3, LH 4074 DWM
Windows Visa was a failure.. Windows 7 was same as vista .. so
i will say nothing different about 8 to 10.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What do you think Windows would be like if Windows 8...?        Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:00 pm 

Favourite OS
Favorite*
Vista wasn't a failure. System requirements were higher, and there were barely any drivers, but that's because it RTMed too late.

mrpijey wrote:
Or someone slipped on a banana peel, fell backwards and accidently hit both the betaarchive.com and "DDoS Express" buttons at the same time.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What do you think Windows would be like if Windows 8...?        Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:54 pm 
Donator

DVINTHEHOUSEMAN wrote:
Vista wasn't a failure. System requirements were higher, and there were barely any drivers, but that's because it RTMed too late.

Product failure is usually determined by the adoption rate, not by system requirements and the (un)availability of drivers.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What do you think Windows would be like if Windows 8...?        Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:05 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Amiga OS3, LH 4074 DWM
DVINTHEHOUSEMAN wrote:

I know that, i pretty like vista (i prefer Vista than 7) , by the way it still a failure on the market.
If 7 was released before and Vista after, everyone had to say 7 is bad and Vista is a good os.

I never had problem with vista, even with SP0, the only problem like you said, was the leak of ram in 2007-2009.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What do you think Windows would be like if Windows 8...?        Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:15 pm 

Vista was a great breakthrough in Microsoft history. It has many wonderful new functions and beautiful user interface. Personally,I think its UI is the most beautiful of all versions of Windows. But Microsoft overestimated the computer performance and speed at that time, so it run very slow on the PC in 2007~2009. But if Vista run on the newest PC, it will not be slow and have a good performance.

Top  Profile