BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 18d, 20h, 23m | CPU: 10% | MEM: 5652MB of 12287MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Windows Server 2008 enterprise Beta Cd, original?        Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:00 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows Nt server
Hello, i begin a collection of Windows beta cd, and i found a Windows Longhorn server 2008 Enterprise. I don't know if it is a real because there is no text say: "do not seal this copy".
On the top of the Cd there is a red line and there is write "Microsoft / Partner Program". on the left there is: "ot for retail or Oem distribution". On the right there is "Warning! This software is for international Business Use, Testing, and Development purposes as stated in your action Pack Subscription Agreement". behind there is the date "10/2007" and there is "Windows Server 2008 Enterprise 62-bit Beta".
Ther is a copy right: "2007 Microsoft Corporatio. All rights Reserved.
I hope it is a real beta!

(sory if there is some mistake, I don't speack english very well).

Information, after the installation of Windows, there is on the right bottom a text: "Windows Server (TM) Code Name "Longhorn" Build 6001 This copy of Windows is not genuine.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Server 2008 enterprise Beta Cd, original?        Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:07 pm 

Favourite OS
Longhorn 5231/Vista SP2 Ultimate
6001 is Vista's RTM, right? Might be an RTM build I guess.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Server 2008 enterprise Beta Cd, original?        Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:24 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows Nt server
So I think it is not a real version...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Server 2008 enterprise Beta Cd, original?        Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:46 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Ultimate Build 7600
Actually, build 6001 is Windows Vista Service Pack 1. However, Windows Server 2008 was released around the same time as Service Pack 1 for Windows Vista. That's why Windows Server 2008 RTM has build number 6001.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Server 2008 enterprise Beta Cd, original?        Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:54 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows Nt server
If it is a RTM version it is not a real beta version?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Server 2008 enterprise Beta Cd, original?        Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:45 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows Me wrote:
Hello, i begin a collection of Windows beta cd, and i found a Windows Longhorn server 2008 Enterprise. I don't know if it is a real because there is no text say: "do not seal this copy".
On the top of the Cd there is a red line and there is write "Microsoft / Partner Program". on the left there is: "ot for retail or Oem distribution". On the right there is "Warning! This software is for international Business Use, Testing, and Development purposes as stated in your action Pack Subscription Agreement". behind there is the date "10/2007" and there is "Windows Server 2008 Enterprise 62-bit Beta".

Information, after the installation of Windows, there is on the right bottom a text: "Windows Server (TM) Code Name "Longhorn" Build 6001 This copy of Windows is not genuine.

Yeah, most of the later development of Server 2008 was done alongside Windows Vista SP1, and that's why a lot of builds around this time use the build number of 6001. For what it's worth, this build does seem to be a real beta.
However, one thing that might be useful to check (because there are many 6001 builds) is the full build number, that can be seen in regedit.exe by going to the location "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion", and looking for the "BuildLabEx" key. Can you check and see what revision of 6001 this build is?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Server 2008 enterprise Beta Cd, original?        Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:52 pm 

Favourite OS
Longhorn 5231/Vista SP2 Ultimate
Ah yeah, forgot about that! It is the RTM of Server 08.

Anyways, this would be a cool find, you should check the full build screen and tell us your results.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Server 2008 enterprise Beta Cd, original?        Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:31 am 

Favourite OS
Windows Nt server
Courage wrote:
Windows Me wrote:

Yeah, most of the later development of Server 2008 was done alongside Windows Vista SP1, and that's why a lot of builds around this time use the build number of 6001. For what it's worth, this build does seem to be a real beta.
However, one thing that might be useful to check (because there are many 6001 builds) is the full build number, that can be seen in regedit.exe by going to the location "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion", and looking for the "BuildLabEx" key. Can you check and see what revision of 6001 this build is?

There is not file "BuildLabEx" in Windows NT\Current version.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Server 2008 enterprise Beta Cd, original?        Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:41 am 

Favourite OS
Windows Nt server
I found a file "DefaultProctKey, it is that? There is 4 files in: "(Default)" "DigitalProductId" "DigitalProductId4" and "ProductId"

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Server 2008 enterprise Beta Cd, original?        Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:59 am 
FTP Access

A lot of later betas of Server 2008 were build 6001. Considering the date this might be RC0. You have to look at the exact revision of the build to find out (6001.16659 is RC0 for example)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Server 2008 enterprise Beta Cd, original?        Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:11 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows Nt server
I forgot, on the CD there is a Part No. X14-07634

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Server 2008 enterprise Beta Cd, original?        Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:35 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
found this picture?

Top  Profile  ICQ