BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 24d, 18h, 30m | CPU: 60% | MEM: 5851MB of 11949MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: How many of you like Windows 10/8.x        Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:05 pm 

Favourite OS
Whistler 2257
So how many of you don’t like Windows 10/8 and the metro design?
(TBH all Microsoft did was take Windows 8 and paste it over Windows 7)

Windows 10 sucks up all of my hard disk space >:(
RIP Windows NT 5.1

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: How many of you like Windows 10/8.x        Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:41 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
NT3.X Family
Fundamentally, that was not what Microsoft did.

For better and worse, they reimagined the UI+metro design, taking into account some of the complaints of 8 and finally putting some *initial* thought into it.
In addition, Microsoft had worked to streamline the OS development and introduce many under-the-hood improvements as usual over the predecessors. It is amazing to see many of the changes Microsoft had made during development of 10 to make it more efficient and optimized. Windows 10 had the potential to be a great OS, but somewhere they decided to throw it out and break what wasn't broke.

However, Microsoft then undid all of the improvements in a sense when they poorly implemented many other features, butchered many features, and left many others lacking. In addition, their new methods of "testing" and implementation (layoff much of their testing staff, forced os upgrades) not so good either.

Nonetheless, I am okay with them. 8.X is okay, 10 could've been better. But I truly am pleased with what was in between during 10 development.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: How many of you like Windows 10/8.x        Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:54 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
MS-DOS 3.30a & Windows/386!
8 was a disaster. I can't believe they put the 8 UI on Server 2012. Talk about misguided.

10 however is so much better. The Linux subsystem for Windows is awesome. I'm not one to hold onto 7. It was okay, I only bought devices that came with 8 (surface rt and phones) but 8 on the desktop was a no go.

I also like server 2019. Again the ability to run Linux and windows at the same time on the same filesystem is great.

It's everything NT should have been

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: How many of you like Windows 10/8.x        Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:55 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 1 DR5 to 10 build 9901
Windows 8 in my opinion was better than 10. The UI wasn't so bad once you get used to it. Windows 10 was only good until around build 10041 when the first Start Menu introduced was can longer be used. Besides, with the RTM, Microsoft putting a Start that I really dislike, ads and telemetry and releasing buggy RTM builds really prevented me from really liking it.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: How many of you like Windows 10/8.x        Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:10 pm 

Favourite OS
gtgamer468 wrote:
Windows 8 in my opinion was better than 10. The UI wasn't so bad once you get used to it. Windows 10 was only good until around build 10041 when the first Start Menu introduced was can longer be used. Besides, with the RTM, Microsoft putting a Start that I really dislike, ads and telemetry and releasing buggy RTM builds really prevented me from really liking it.

I thought Windows 8 was great too, sure, it may have took some getting used to, but after getting used to it, I personally thought it was the best version of Windows.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: How many of you like Windows 10/8.x        Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:16 pm 

Favourite OS
6001, 4074, 8102, 9200, 2000
I've daily driven Windows 8.1 since mid 2017 and I can personally say that it feels alot less clunkier than 10. To me, it's like a sped up and optimized Windows 7.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: How many of you like Windows 10/8.x        Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:55 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 10 1809 (17763)
I enjoy Windows 10 more than ever. I'm using it right now. The features it has brought with its continuous upgrades have made my life easier. Being able to run Linux from Windows is also amazing. I like that I can make it so much more integrated into what I expect out of a device both as a home user and as a tech hobbyist. I feel I'm the minority, but I enjoy UWP and all its potentials. I use UWP apps when I see benefit over their Win32 counterparts (if any). All and all it's shaping up to be the best version of Windows for me, and it's showing, considering it's now the version that is running on most Windows machines (according to netmarketshare). Windows 10 of course wasn't always a perfect OS, still isn't god-like perfect (if you take into account 1809's file deletion issues), but it's in a better place since the first version. 1507/1511 just felt like slightly buggy reskins of 8.1 (I mean, you could enable so much Windows 8 UI elements such as the 8.1 start screen, old battery, network, clock flyouts etc etc). 1607 and especially 1703 and beyond is what shaped the OS for me. I am looking forward to the upcoming 1903 release! Insiders are good, and a good way to get more broad bug reports than some users testing a beta and after a while a release candidate version, but please enroll only on a machine you consider disposable because sometimes [censored] goes dramatically wrong. Windows 8.x is amazing too. I was in the minority that liked the start screen. I also enjoyed the under the hood changes such as native USB 3.0 support, broader UEFI support and the overall better ram management that made my old craptop not suffer as much (this continued on Windows 10 but then software got too heavy for older machines so it lagged considerably).

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: How many of you like Windows 10/8.x        Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:05 am 

Favourite OS
Windows 7 to 10 (except 8.0)
gtgamer468 wrote:

I hate Windows 8. It killed the Start menu. Glad to see it's back in Windows 10:)

But the removal of Start menu can't be fine for people who used Windows since 95. Changes could be fine for anyone, but drastic changes isn't. Many users ended up using third-party Start menu programs like Classic Shell.

Fake/incorrect Windows Startup & Shutdown Sounds
Everything You Need to Know About Windows Startup and Shutdown Sounds

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: How many of you like Windows 10/8.x        Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:43 am 
FTP Access

I'm not crazy about Windows 8.x, but I would still prefer it over 10 any day. One of my friends in our group made a script discussing his feelings with Windows 10 which I found incredibly accurate, so I'll let the script speak for itself.

Quote:
I hope nobody's forgotten about Windows 10's Update 1809 bug where it deletes all files in the Documents folder; possibly the worst update ever released for any software. I hope you're also aware that Microsoft knew about this bug months before the update was released, yet they rolled it out anyway. Also, keep in mind that Windows 10 forces users to install updates and reboot even if they're not looking or happen to be doing something important like encoding a video or, uh... playing a competitive online match, I guess.

Now, tell me that Windows 10 is not malware. I want to hear your case, because these factors I've mentioned have me fully convinced that Windows 10 is a malicious program that stoops to the same level of evil as WannaCry and any future programs that make use of the Spectre or Meltdown bugs for destructive purposes.

I stopped using Windows 10 for good after the Anniversary Update was forced on my laptop and broke compatibility with some of its drivers, and many other users have suffered worse. Recently, one of my friend's brother's laptops stopped booting because Windows 10 spontaneously corrupted a boot file, and he had to reinstall the operating system.

Forced updates aren't the only problem with Windows 10, of course. Other unethical features include BitTorrent-style peer to peer update sharing, forced installation and re-installation of unwanted programs, telemetry you can't turn off, and a pest that tells you to use Microsoft's unimportant browser instead of the one you want to use. It's also important to note that for a long time, Microsoft often tried to force "free" upgrades of Windows 10 onto computers running Windows 7 and 8 when users weren't looking instead of allowing them to make one simple choice of whether they wanted to upgrade or not.
These obnoxious and malicious traits of Windows 10 cannot be stood for. If you are a Windows 10 user, you should start planning to stop using it completely. One of the quickest ways to do this is to switch to Linux, but that's easier said than done if you run programs which require Windows, especially the Adobe programs which I regularly rely on. (By the way, I still use Creative Suite 6. Creative Cloud's exclusive "Software as a Service" model is stupid.)

If you still have a Windows 7 key you can use but you don't have the disc for it, or your computer doesn't even have an optical drive, you can still download an ISO from Microsoft's website and use a utility to write it to a flash drive. You can then boot off the flash drive and install Windows 7 from there. If your computer is very recent, your Windows 7 installation media may need to have USB 3.0 and NVMe drivers preloaded onto it before you can start; at least several motherboard manufacturers provide utilities to do that for you easily. Also, don't buy into Microsoft's lie that Windows 7 can no longer receive updates on Intel's Kaby Lake or AMD's Ryzen platforms or later. A program called Wufuc patches against this arbitrary restriction. If you don't have a Windows 7 key, you can still buy one through Newegg. Sure, you'll be giving Microsoft $139, but it's $139 for the product Microsoft wants you to stop using.
Many programs and hardware drivers still support Windows 7, but in the event you feel you absolutely must use Windows 10, there are some other measures you can take: one, stop using Windows 10's most proud features like Cortana. Two, install a program like Spybot Anti-Beacon, which helps block some of Windows 10's telemetry. Three, disable peer to peer update sharing and reduce your telemetry settings to the lowest possible. Four, if you have a Microsoft account, develop a plan to delete it if possible. If you have online services tied to your Microsoft email or you use products which require a Microsoft account, you should attempt to migrate all your services to another email address whenever you can, and you should find alternatives to whatever depends on your Microsoft account. These measures and others can help reduce the amount of money Microsoft earns from mining your activity.

Microsoft knows you can figure out how to work around its dirty tricks, but it also knows a plethora of other users can't, and it will coldly exploit their ignorance and apathy to continuously generate revenue through the dirty practice of telemetry. That's why avoiding Windows 10 is not enough. I strongly urge you to tell others to get off of Windows 10 and send a message to Microsoft that the normalization of forced updates and telemetry is not okay. If anything, I think it should be illegal.

Rather than continue to push out an operating system that Microsoft will control for its users, they should make a completely new version of Windows that allows users full control over what their computer does without any traces of telemetry underneath, and develop ways for users to easily learn how to utilize that level of control. It's the only way I'll ever be convinced to buy a new version of Windows anymore.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: How many of you like Windows 10/8.x        Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:47 am 
FTP Access

In the not too distant future... next Sunday, A.D.

Favourite OS
Windows 10 (don't @ me)
I actually really like Windows 10 and the only bugs I've encountered is the buttons on the right of the taskbar disappearing and some weird bug with Windows+Tab.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: How many of you like Windows 10/8.x        Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:24 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 1 DR5 to 10 build 9901
Here's a bug I've encountered that Microsoft still hasn't address for now three and a half years since build 9841: the bug with Explorer. When I use a theme that is a slideshow (and no matter the duration of image transition), and I'm navigating a folder that has a ton of items like the Windows system folder, I get sent back up to the top items when I'm renaming an item, creating a new item or even simply scrolling down to see other items. This bug at this point covers pretty much every single build compiled since 6.4.9841 and I work with a ton of files daily.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: How many of you like Windows 10/8.x        Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:27 am 

I like Windows 8 CP's theme... It is a good combination of Aero and Metro. It also has window title centered.

(2001 - 2019)

You will be remembered
forever

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: How many of you like Windows 10/8.x        Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:00 am 

Favourite OS
Blue Horizon wrote:
I'm not crazy about Windows 8.x, but I would still prefer it over 10 any day. One of my friends in our group made a script discussing his feelings with Windows 10 which I found incredibly accurate, so I'll let the script speak for itself.

Quote:
I hope nobody's forgotten about Windows 10's Update 1809 bug where it deletes all files in the Documents folder; possibly the worst update ever released for any software. I hope you're also aware that Microsoft knew about this bug months before the update was released, yet they rolled it out anyway. Also, keep in mind that Windows 10 forces users to install updates and reboot even if they're not looking or happen to be doing something important like encoding a video or, uh... playing a competitive online match, I guess.

Now, tell me that Windows 10 is not malware. I want to hear your case, because these factors I've mentioned have me fully convinced that Windows 10 is a malicious program that stoops to the same level of evil as WannaCry and any future programs that make use of the Spectre or Meltdown bugs for destructive purposes.

I stopped using Windows 10 for good after the Anniversary Update was forced on my laptop and broke compatibility with some of its drivers, and many other users have suffered worse. Recently, one of my friend's brother's laptops stopped booting because Windows 10 spontaneously corrupted a boot file, and he had to reinstall the operating system.

Forced updates aren't the only problem with Windows 10, of course. Other unethical features include BitTorrent-style peer to peer update sharing, forced installation and re-installation of unwanted programs, telemetry you can't turn off, and a pest that tells you to use Microsoft's unimportant browser instead of the one you want to use. It's also important to note that for a long time, Microsoft often tried to force "free" upgrades of Windows 10 onto computers running Windows 7 and 8 when users weren't looking instead of allowing them to make one simple choice of whether they wanted to upgrade or not.
These obnoxious and malicious traits of Windows 10 cannot be stood for. If you are a Windows 10 user, you should start planning to stop using it completely. One of the quickest ways to do this is to switch to Linux, but that's easier said than done if you run programs which require Windows, especially the Adobe programs which I regularly rely on. (By the way, I still use Creative Suite 6. Creative Cloud's exclusive "Software as a Service" model is stupid.)

If you still have a Windows 7 key you can use but you don't have the disc for it, or your computer doesn't even have an optical drive, you can still download an ISO from Microsoft's website and use a utility to write it to a flash drive. You can then boot off the flash drive and install Windows 7 from there. If your computer is very recent, your Windows 7 installation media may need to have USB 3.0 and NVMe drivers preloaded onto it before you can start; at least several motherboard manufacturers provide utilities to do that for you easily. Also, don't buy into Microsoft's lie that Windows 7 can no longer receive updates on Intel's Kaby Lake or AMD's Ryzen platforms or later. A program called Wufuc patches against this arbitrary restriction. If you don't have a Windows 7 key, you can still buy one through Newegg. Sure, you'll be giving Microsoft $139, but it's $139 for the product Microsoft wants you to stop using.
Many programs and hardware drivers still support Windows 7, but in the event you feel you absolutely must use Windows 10, there are some other measures you can take: one, stop using Windows 10's most proud features like Cortana. Two, install a program like Spybot Anti-Beacon, which helps block some of Windows 10's telemetry. Three, disable peer to peer update sharing and reduce your telemetry settings to the lowest possible. Four, if you have a Microsoft account, develop a plan to delete it if possible. If you have online services tied to your Microsoft email or you use products which require a Microsoft account, you should attempt to migrate all your services to another email address whenever you can, and you should find alternatives to whatever depends on your Microsoft account. These measures and others can help reduce the amount of money Microsoft earns from mining your activity.

Microsoft knows you can figure out how to work around its dirty tricks, but it also knows a plethora of other users can't, and it will coldly exploit their ignorance and apathy to continuously generate revenue through the dirty practice of telemetry. That's why avoiding Windows 10 is not enough. I strongly urge you to tell others to get off of Windows 10 and send a message to Microsoft that the normalization of forced updates and telemetry is not okay. If anything, I think it should be illegal.

Rather than continue to push out an operating system that Microsoft will control for its users, they should make a completely new version of Windows that allows users full control over what their computer does without any traces of telemetry underneath, and develop ways for users to easily learn how to utilize that level of control. It's the only way I'll ever be convinced to buy a new version of Windows anymore.

Data loss is already fixed and you should forget anything fixed. Also none of laws says forcing updates is illegal.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: How many of you like Windows 10/8.x        Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:59 pm 
FTP Access

Overall I like both Windows 8 and 10 design. While I find Windows 8's one to be more refined, I also find Windows 10's one to be cool, even tho I'm still waiting for it to be perfected. Windows 8's Metro UI wasn't perfectly adapted to the "classic" Windows environment, but it really wasn't an "unusable mess" like somebody says around the Internet, it's just a matter of learning a few new things. The only problem with Windows 8 in my opinion is that even tho it is usable on PCs without a touch screen, I still find the Metro apps to be almost useless, I mean, they look nice and everything, but they don't seem to be "necessary" for the typical user. Also I find the Charms bar to be a bit annoying to use (the 8102's one was much better with mouse and keyboard). I'm sure that on a tablet they are great tho. Windows 10 made those Metro apps actually useful, since they replace their Win32 counterparts and they're adapted to be used better with mouse and keyboard, but probably isn't better than Windows 8 on a tablet, from an user experience point of view. And Windows 10 still seems to be less refined that Windows 8, I don't even need to explain why, we all know about the bad reputation Windows 10 has among a good amount of people (there gotta be a reason for that, right?). So, overall: for now, I prefer Windows 8, and one day, I hope to prefer Windows 10. Probably Windows 8.1 build 9780 is the best lol, since we got Windows 8.1 maturity and the good old Start menu.

Last edited by Valerio on Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: How many of you like Windows 10/8.x        Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:45 pm 

YueLing11 wrote:
Blue Horizon wrote:

Quote:
*snip*

Data loss is already fixed and you should forget anything fixed. Also none of laws says forcing updates is illegal.

Data loss never happened to me although I installed 1809 on 2nd of October. I put all important files in a thing called OneDrive, and even emailed important files, databases and reports to myself. Nothing in the world could delete my data.

I totally understand users loosing all their documents and yeah, I've seen it happened to my colleague before and he lost the end-of-year report plus all the income data for 3 months... That is why to use OneDrive, email it to yourself and put it up on your company's server. *Never trust your local folders.*

Other than that, Windows 10 with Windows 8 CP theme is good. I don't like 100% metro and I love about 60% metro and 40% aero.

(2001 - 2019)

You will be remembered
forever

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: How many of you like Windows 10/8.x        Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:27 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Longhorn 4008
Valerio wrote:
Overall I like both Windows 8 and 10 design. While I find Windows 8's one to be more refined, I also find Windows 10's one to be cool, even tho I'm still waiting for it to be perfected. Windows 8's Metro UI wasn't perfectly adapted to the "classic" Windows environment, but it really wasn't an "unusable mess" like somebody says around the Internet, it's just a matter of learning a few new things. The only problem with Windows 8 in my opinion is that even tho it is usable on PCs without a touch screen, I still find the Metro apps to be almost useless, I mean, they look nice and everything, but they don't seem to be "necessary" for the typical user. Also I find the Charms bar to be a bit annoying to use (the 8102's one was much better with mouse and keyboard). I'm sure that on a tablet they are great tho. Windows 10 made those Metro apps actually useful, since they replace their Win32 counterparts and they're adapted to be used better with mouse and keyboard, but probably isn't better than Windows 8 on a tablet, from an user experience point of view. And Windows 10 still seems to be less refined that Windows 8, I don't even need to explain why, we all know about the bad reputation Windows 10 has among a good amount of people (there gotta be a reason for that, right?). So, overall: for now, I prefer Windows 8, and one day, I hope to prefer Windows 10. Probably Windows 8.1 build 9870 is the best lol, since we got Windows 8.1 maturity and the good old Start menu.

You probably meant 9780 correct? since 9870 exist but it never leaked and not much is known about it.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: How many of you like Windows 10/8.x        Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:20 pm 
FTP Access

@Sim31, yeah sure I did lol, I corrected it.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: How many of you like Windows 10/8.x        Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:45 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Longhorn 4008
Valerio wrote:
@Sim31, yeah sure I did lol, I corrected it.

Lol, i was about to say, do you have a build none of us have? :OD *hehe*

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: How many of you like Windows 10/8.x        Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:34 am 

Favourite OS
ComputerHunter wrote:
YueLing11 wrote:
Blue Horizon wrote:

Quote:
*snip*

Data loss never happened to me although I installed 1809 on 2nd of October. I put all important files in a thing called OneDrive, and even emailed important files, databases and reports to myself. Nothing in the world could delete my data.

I totally understand users loosing all their documents and yeah, I've seen it happened to my colleague before and he lost the end-of-year report plus all the income data for 3 months... That is why to use OneDrive, email it to yourself and put it up on your company's server. *Never trust your local folders.*

Other than that, Windows 10 with Windows 8 CP theme is good. I don't like 100% metro and I love about 60% metro and 40% aero.

For data, you can try to copy them to another partition.

Also there's a design language similar to Aero, it's Fluent Design. You can see in UWP apps.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: How many of you like Windows 10/8.x        Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:15 am 

YueLing11 wrote:

Also there's a design language similar to Aero, it's Fluent Design. You can see in UWP apps.
Never trust those cheap Chinese hard dives or USB sticks. I don't have problems with loosing data because I always organize things and back them up on either OneDrive (work and personal) or through email and in case of important files such as end of quarter, end of year reports, presentation PPTs and important (small) databases, I would upload them to many places.

The only way to completely prevent data loss would be uploading everything to a reliable cloud.

Back to topic, I don't like Windows 10 Metro apps' Fluent Design. The percentage was not for the transparency but rather the mix of the two. Still the perfect one for me would be Windows 10 plus Windows 8 CP and Windows XP theme, and I could switch between the two.

I also like early Longhorn Aero but I don't like Windows Vista or 7 Aero.

Apart from themes, Windows 10 is the option for me.

(2001 - 2019)

You will be remembered
forever

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: How many of you like Windows 10/8.x        Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:20 am 

Favourite OS
Whistler 2257
Honestly I feel like 10 is a trash can. I’d take Vista over it any day. The only device that I have running 10 is my laptop that had 10 pre installed.

Windows 10 sucks up all of my hard disk space >:(
RIP Windows NT 5.1

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: How many of you like Windows 10/8.x        Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:48 am 

Windows 10 blows. it is really a bad way to do business because it is just too much of a Windows Server 2016, because, Windows Server 2016 was the first implementation of the windows phone tiles. So, i just think they are a bad fit for personal use, and, Cortana is just too much data collection on you.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: How many of you like Windows 10/8.x        Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:29 am 

Hummm... I am the normal type of people who work for a company and everything I use should be the most secure and up-to-date jut like in an office. I don't have too many computer or laptops to install other versions of Windows and I now only use Windows 10 and the Windows XP I've been using for years (it has many software on it and I am just too lazy to upgrade) as my every-day OS.

I do remember Windows Vista... I did like it for some time and it was incredibly exciting when it was just released. After using it for years, I started to dislike the background and icons. I did not use Windows 7 for long and reverted back to XP. When Windows 8 came out, I was on it until 2015.

I don't know what is wrong with Windows 10, it was very common for office laptops and home computers. I love server 2012 R2 and 2016, the design was pretty good. BTW, Windows 10 is a pretty good trash can, I love the recycle bin icon.

(2001 - 2019)

You will be remembered
forever

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: How many of you like Windows 10/8.x        Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:19 pm 

Favourite OS
Brave wrote:
Windows 10 blows. it is really a bad way to do business because it is just too much of a Windows Server 2016, because, Windows Server 2016 was the first implementation of the windows phone tiles. So, i just think they are a bad fit for personal use, and, Cortana is just too much data collection on you.

Google and Facebook also collecting your data.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: How many of you like Windows 10/8.x        Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:23 pm 

Favourite OS
ComputerHunter wrote:
YueLing11 wrote:

Never trust those cheap Chinese hard dives or USB sticks. I don't have problems with loosing data because I always organize things and back them up on either OneDrive (work and personal) or through email and in case of important files such as end of quarter, end of year reports, presentation PPTs and important (small) databases, I would upload them to many places.

The only way to completely prevent data loss would be uploading everything to a reliable cloud.

Back to topic, I don't like Windows 10 Metro apps' Fluent Design. The percentage was not for the transparency but rather the mix of the two. Still the perfect one for me would be Windows 10 plus Windows 8 CP and Windows XP theme, and I could switch between the two.

I also like early Longhorn Aero but I don't like Windows Vista or 7 Aero.

Apart from themes, Windows 10 is the option for me.

I'm careful on buying drives and USB sticks too.

Top  Profile