BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 12d, 15h, 52m | CPU: 46% | MEM: 6778MB of 12287MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Debombing Windows Build 9900        Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:48 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 1 DR5 to 10 build 9901
Can this build be debombed? It's a Microsoft Confidential build so I guess it's possible? I'm trying to get a build that has the early Start Menu but it's also compatible with modern NVidia graphics card.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Debombing Windows Build 9900        Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:09 am 

Favourite OS
Windows 10 Preview 9926
Windows 10 Build 9907_fbi_ie timebomb is broken so you can use that build

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Debombing Windows Build 9900        Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:27 am 
FTP Access

You could try this: https://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38947

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Debombing Windows Build 9900        Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:35 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP x64 (SP2)
Server 9785 standard is the way to go

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Debombing Windows Build 9900        Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:10 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
The problem with the Server version is that it's featureless for home usage. As for the solution Camwinny had and I got help from, I'll give it my best shot. Since I have a ton of homework piled up from college :cry:, I will have to come back over the weekend.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Debombing Windows Build 9900        Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:02 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
NT3.X Family
gtgamer468 wrote:
The problem with the Server version is that it's featureless for home usage. As for the solution Camwinny had and I got help from, I'll give it my best shot. Since I have a ton of homework piled up from college :cry:, I will have to come back over the weekend.

Have you heard of the roles and features wizard?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Debombing Windows Build 9900        Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:01 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
gtgamer468 wrote:

Have you heard of Workstation Converter?

Discord: @Applegame12345#0023
Telegram: @Applegame12345
Twitter: @ExtremusApple55
VK: /mackinnonsapple

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Debombing Windows Build 9900        Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:53 am 
Donator

gtgamer468 wrote:
The problem with the Server version is that it's featureless for home usage.

Why would you even use a beta build as daily driver?

AlphaBeta, stop brainwashing me immediately!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Debombing Windows Build 9900        Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:36 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP x64 (SP2)
because (most of) windows 10 betas are capable of handling everyday tasks without problems and are way better than rtm(s)

op: if 9900 can boot on current date, i will debomb it for you, otherwise it's quite impossible to debomb it

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Debombing Windows Build 9900        Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:46 pm 
Donator

DragonWars wrote:
because (most of) windows 10 betas are capable of handling everyday tasks without problems and are way better than rtm(s)

Are they just as secure as RTMs though? No, they're not. This is equivalent to running Windows Vista or Windows XP - you are using an outdated, unpatched system that can be full of security holes that will never be fixed. God bless you and your computers if the WannaCry/NotPetya debacle happens again.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Debombing Windows Build 9900        Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:53 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP x64 (SP2)
the best antivirus is common sense, i've been using windows vista untill november of last year and i had a single virus problem, which not even a updated os would stop since it was a big fault from my part (did affect only the os, not even the data i had)
i agree that wannacry + spectre/meltdown patches are important though.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Debombing Windows Build 9900        Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:07 pm 
Donator

I am not talking about downloading video.mp4.exe stuff, you can do that on an RTM as well. My point is that old beta builds can and do have unpatched security holes and WannaCry clearly proved that it is important to have an up to date operating system with all security patches installed. You say that patches for WannaCry, Spectre and Meltdown were important - but 9900 predates the discovery of these vulnerabilities by years.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Debombing Windows Build 9900        Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:26 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP x64 (SP2)
AlphaBeta wrote:
WannaCry clearly proved that it is important to have an up to date operating system with all security patches installed.

as far as i know, wannacry is a ransomware (executable) that needs to be opened in order to run its (really dangerous) payload, so i dont see how that differs from .mp3.exe-like files, which needs to be opened to harm your computer as well
AlphaBeta wrote:
You say that patches for WannaCry, Spectre and Meltdown were important - but 9900 predates the discovery of these vulnerabilities by years.

they are important, however that doesn't mean you can't use a os because they dont have those, i use 9834 on my tablet where i dont do any complex task, and i doubt i will download a ransomware from youtube or discord (and also run it without scanning the file with virustotal before)

also any windows 10 beta can run updated browsers which are (likely) capable of blocking very dangerous webpages

and don't forget you can run any antivirus that runs on windows 7/8/8.1

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Debombing Windows Build 9900        Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:58 pm 
Donator

DragonWars wrote:
AlphaBeta wrote:
WannaCry clearly proved that it is important to have an up to date operating system with all security patches installed.

as far as i know, wannacry is a ransomware (executable) that needs to be opened in order to run its (really dangerous) payload, so i dont see how that differs from .mp3.exe-like files, which needs to be opened to harm your computer as well

Oh, it's not. WannaCry is a ransomware trojan/worm hybrid, which is what made it so dangerous.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Debombing Windows Build 9900        Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:03 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP x64 (SP2)
AlphaBeta wrote:
DragonWars wrote:
AlphaBeta wrote:

Oh, it's not. WannaCry is a ransomware trojan/worm hybrid, which is what made it so dangerous.

Quote:
Like most malicious campaigns, this type of ransomware could arrive as an email attachment or as a download on your computer. For your system to become infected, you'll have to click on or downloading the attachment or file, which causes the program to run and infect your computer with ransomware.

@op: i doubt 9900 boots on current date, if you want i can give you debombed build 9907_fbl.ie, but it's pseudolocalized

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Debombing Windows Build 9900        Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:19 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
I'm using this OS specifically for offline purposes with no intentions of using the Internet to download some archive or program. The most I will do is gaming and using the built-in Store apps. I don't have as much time, so if someone else can get it off the FTP and try it out, that would be great. If build 9900 can't be disarmed, then try 9907.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Debombing Windows Build 9900        Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:22 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
NT3.X Family
9900 is from fbl_awesome branch. It is subject to certificate expiry so good luck there.
9907.fbl_ie is available only in x86 pseudo. So unless you:
A) are fine with an x86 build
B) can read pseudo or can load a different localization (from the sister fbl_awesome builds)
Then this build is useless for you.

As a general rule of thumb builds from fbl_partner, th*, and other oddball labs like fbl_ie (have yet to see builds from fbl_uip, fbl_mobs, and fbl_grfx) do not have certificate expiry.
The more public ones such as fbl_awesome, fbl_release, fbl_impressive, and most winmain_prs have certificate expiry. Which happens to include ~95% of released windows 10/Server 2016 builds.
Just because it's a "Microsoft Confidential" build does not mean it lacks certificate expiry.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Debombing Windows Build 9900        Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:33 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Then the best option would be Server 2012 R2 build 9875 and disarm the timebomb from it. I can live with a pseudo language but I do also need to run 64-bit as my PC was built for 64-bit (16GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD, NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook 6GB, and Intel Core i7-8750H). I already got an iso for the RTM version (I won't tell where as it's against forum rules).

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Debombing Windows Build 9900        Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:53 pm 
Donator

DragonWars wrote:
Quote:
Like most malicious campaigns, this type of ransomware could arrive as an email attachment or as a download on your computer. For your system to become infected, you'll have to click on or downloading the attachment or file, which causes the program to run and infect your computer with ransomware.
Offtopic Comment
>blindly trusting journos
I suggest you to check out actual infosec-related websites. These guys are actually paid for researching malware, so I guess they know their way around.
This ransomware can stop you from using your PC or accessing your data. Unlike other ransomware, however, this threat has worm capabilities. It uses an exploit code for a patched SMB vulnerability, CVE-2017-0145. This vulnerability was fixed in security bulletin MS17-010, which was released on March 14, 2017. We remind all customers to keep computers up-to-date.
Ransom.Wannacry is a worm that spreads by exploiting vulnerabilities in the Windows operating system. Once installed, it encrypts files and demands a payment to decrypt them.

Ransom.Wannacry is a worm that delivers a ransomware payload. It has two primary components. A worm module used for self-propagation and a ransom module used for handling the ransom extortion activities.
Wikipedia wrote:
WannaCry is a ransomware cryptoworm, which targeted computers running the Microsoft Windows operating system by encrypting data and demanding ransom payments in the Bitcoin cryptocurrency. The worm is also known as WannaCrypt, Wana Decrypt0r 2.0, WanaCrypt0r 2.0, and Wanna Decryptor. It is considered a network worm because it also includes a "transport" mechanism to automatically spread itself. This transport code scans for vulnerable systems, then uses the EternalBlue exploit to gain access, and the DoublePulsar tool to install and execute a copy of itself. WannaCry versions 0, 1, and 2 were created using Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0.

gtgamer468 wrote:
I'm using this OS specifically for offline purposes with no intentions of using the Internet to download some archive or program. The most I will do is gaming and using the built-in Store apps. I don't have as much time, so if someone else can get it off the FTP and try it out, that would be great. If build 9900 can't be disarmed, then try 9907.

How is an RTM not sufficient for that?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Debombing Windows Build 9900        Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:58 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP x64 (SP2)
AlphaBeta wrote:
DragonWars wrote:
Quote:
Offtopic Comment
>blindly trusting journos
I suggest you to check out actual infosec-related websites. These guys are actually paid for researching malware, so I guess they know their way around.
This ransomware can stop you from using your PC or accessing your data. Unlike other ransomware, however, this threat has worm capabilities. It uses an exploit code for a patched SMB vulnerability, CVE-2017-0145. This vulnerability was fixed in security bulletin MS17-010, which was released on March 14, 2017. We remind all customers to keep computers up-to-date.
Ransom.Wannacry is a worm that spreads by exploiting vulnerabilities in the Windows operating system. Once installed, it encrypts files and demands a payment to decrypt them.

that's what i said

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Debombing Windows Build 9900        Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:47 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
I can’t seem to disarm the timebomb on Server 9875. Did anyone else have any luck?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Debombing Windows Build 9900        Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:39 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP x64 (SP2)
yes i debombed 9785 and 9834 x64/x86

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Debombing Windows Build 9900        Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:42 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
DragonWars wrote:
yes i debombed 9785 and 9834 x64/x86

Imagez
By the way, only Standard SKU is debombed

Discord: @Applegame12345#0023
Telegram: @Applegame12345
Twitter: @ExtremusApple55
VK: /mackinnonsapple

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Debombing Windows Build 9900        Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:40 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Would I be able to upgrade it to Datacenter? I saw commands on the web that does this.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Debombing Windows Build 9900        Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:50 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP x64 (SP2)
gtgamer468 wrote:
Would I be able to upgrade it to Datacenter? I saw commands on the web that does this.

what is the difference between standard and datacenter for home use?

Top  Profile