Actually I've found how to remove the timebomb of 9834

Discuss Windows Vista, 7, 8.x, 10 and Windows Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2016, 2019, Home Server, SBS 2008, SBS 2011.
JonathonWyble
FTP Access

Re: Actually I've found how to remove the timebomb of 9834

Post by JonathonWyble »

Applegame12345 wrote:
cad6000 wrote:Does anyone know if 9907 fbl_ie can be debombed with this method? I tried and failed to get it working (just like 9834) so I'm obviously doing something wrong. However I did manage to get rid of the annoying pop-up that asks to reinstall windows every 15 minutes. Still cannot change the desktop background though.
It can be debombed. You need to do it properly.
So that means different Windows builds have their own methods to get rid of its timebomb? If so, then I guess that's correct.

DragonWars
FTP Access

Post by DragonWars »

all modern windows betas can theoretically be debombed using the same method, its just more tricky for 8.0 betas

yourepicfailure
Donator

Post by yourepicfailure »

Windows 8 saw a period where Microsoft was reworking SLIC. As such, there were numerous changes between buils that made one build's "hacks" not work with another. Further the mindset "there will be a newer, better build in a month."
Around CP was when the new SLIC was finalizing, and remains the same even through Windows 10.

As for debombing, you just have to be careful. The same methods work yes, but the files and names have changed. Once you figure that out for each build, it's easy.
"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do it blows your whole leg off"
You will never tear me from the grasp of the Pentium M!

JonathonWyble
FTP Access

Post by JonathonWyble »

DragonWars wrote:all modern windows betas can theoretically be debombed using the same method, its just more tricky for 8.0 betas
Hmmm... that explains it. I figured that it would be a bit of a challenge to do that with certain Windows 8 builds, but it's one of those situations where you have to know what you're doing.

Futur3Sn0w

Post by Futur3Sn0w »

What are the exact files that need to be replaced from 8.1? I'm sorta lost DX

JonathonWyble
FTP Access

Post by JonathonWyble »

Futur3Sn0w wrote:What are the exact files that need to be replaced from 8.1? I'm sorta lost DX
Read the first post on this thread.

The files you should deal with are the following:
Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP-Component-SKU-APPXLOB-Client-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.3.9600.16384.cat
Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP-Component-SKU-Professional-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.3.9600.16384.cat
Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP-Component-SKU-ProfessionalWMC-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.3.9600.16384.cat

You shouldn't replace those files, you have to paste them, and then copy the files to 9834.

soliver84
Donator

Post by soliver84 »

Does this also work for windows 10 17655 Lean CloudE?

yourepicfailure
Donator

Just a tad bit update for those reading this a little over a year after the debombing was produced.

I have been running 9834 on my Lenovo x230T since I received the "Camwinny fix" from Camwinny a little more than a year ago. So far I have subjected this machine to near daily use. I am currently using it right now. There are a few bugs such as permanent snapping (where window is permanently resized to the snap) and explorer crash when handling too many of too large of files file operations. And then there's occasionally this:

However, I've grown accustomed to them. My biggest problem was lack of other language options. Otherwise, I've pretty much I've grown accustomed to this build on this tablet. Customization and all. I also found a build of Aeroglass that more or less works.

Pretty rough sketch showing the x230T's Wacom drivers do work. As well as pressure sensitivity. I am also able to install all drivers without problems. This is a beautiful build, possibly one of the closest things to Windows 8.1 Update 2 could have been.

Somehow during my usage of this build I managed to fix the problem of newer graphics cards not working under this build. Perhaps me installing random drivers? I don't know. But I do know I got a Titan X Maxwell working perfectly on an eGPU rig. So I'm currently figuring out what I did right.

>Soliver84
No, too new and has signature expiration AFAIK.
"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do it blows your whole leg off"

Camwinny

Post by Camwinny »

soliver84 wrote:Does this also work for windows 10 17655 Lean CloudE?
No.
Futur3Sn0w wrote:What are the exact files that need to be replaced from 8.1? I'm sorta lost DX
Just like what I said above. I think I've described clearly.

cad6000
Donator

Post by cad6000 »

yourepicfailure wrote:I have been running 9834 on my Lenovo x230T since I received the "Camwinny fix" from Camwinny a little more than a year ago.
What might these "fixes" be? or are you talking about the debomb process?

MypCak

Post by MypCak »

I did this in Windows 10 TP build 9821, but I didn't succeed, although I did everything as in the instructions, however I managed to get rid of an annoying pop-up window that asks to reinstall windows every 15 minutes. But I still can't change the desktop background.

kittysoman2013

Post by kittysoman2013 »

How did you get rid of the pop up?
Trung tâm giúp việc theo giờ uy tín dọn nhà tận tâm giúp việc theo giờ quận 12 chuyên nghiệp

yourepicfailure
Donator

The popup goes away whether you do it right or not. Simply breaking spp by deleting some files in it will remove the popup, but you won't get "genuine" features like changeable background.

Jake harrison
FTP Access

Post by Jake harrison »

MypCak wrote:I did this in Windows 10 TP build 9821, but I didn't succeed, although I did everything as in the instructions, however I managed to get rid of an annoying pop-up window that asks to reinstall windows every 15 minutes. But I still can't change the desktop background.
Camwinny made a video in English step by step showing how to debomb tp builds. I followed all the steps and successfully debombed every tp build in the fbl_partner_eeap branch here's the link: https://www.bilibili.com/video/av66042394 Make sure you do everything he does in the vid I know it's slow and tedious but it's worth it.

Camwinny

Post by Camwinny »

MypCak wrote:I did this in Windows 10 TP build 9821, but I didn't succeed, although I did everything as in the instructions, however I managed to get rid of an annoying pop-up window that asks to reinstall windows every 15 minutes. But I still can't change the desktop background.
9821?

Winins
FTP Access

Post by Winins »

Yes, it leaked a month ago.
You have never seen Windows like this!
FREE Windows 3.2!
Shareware featuring an upgrade for pre-existing Windows 3.1 users and BONUS PACK
Distributed freely by PC World. March 1996
I will be off Discord for a week. I will still be on the forums though, so you can always ask me questions via PM.

Applegame12345
FTP Access

Post by Applegame12345 »

I was able to debomb 9821 successfully.
Discord: @Applegame12345#0023
>>click here<< for some wiki editing