BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 25d, 12h, 39m | CPU: 19% | MEM: 6153MB of 12287MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Re: Where is Windows Vista still being used after April 11,        Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:34 am 

Favourite OS
Debian 10, 6002, 9600
I use Vista on a Vaio laptop that had 7 Starter.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Where is Windows Vista still being used after April 11,        Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:07 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
MCpillager12 wrote:

Netbook?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Where is Windows Vista still being used after April 11,        Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:28 pm 

Favourite OS
Debian 10, 6002, 9600
yes.

the specs of it are in my sig.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Where is Windows Vista still being used after April 11,        Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:49 am 
FTP Access

MCpillager12 wrote:
yes.

Why still use Vista? Just for the hell of it?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Where is Windows Vista still being used after April 11,        Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:48 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
NT3.X Family
Because it has a tendency to outperform 7 on some hardware configuration. Vista 64bit and 32bit outperform 7 both architectures on my Latitude XT.
Especially in the realm of HDD I/O. That 3600rpm zif drive is hell to 7, not bad to Vista.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Where is Windows Vista still being used after April 11,        Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:52 am 
FTP Access

yourepicfailure wrote:
Because it has a tendency to outperform 7 on some hardware configuration. Vista 64bit and 32bit outperform 7 both architectures on my Latitude XT.
Especially in the realm of HDD I/O. That 3600rpm zif drive is hell to 7, not bad to Vista.

First time I've heard that Vista outperforms 7, and I'm not one to dislike the former (I think it was just unlucky sadly), interesting to hear though

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Where is Windows Vista still being used after April 11,        Posted: Sat May 04, 2019 6:21 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 1 DR5 to 10 build 9901
It's just like saying that a PC with Windows 8 can outperform the same exact PC with Windows 10. This is actually the case in my Dell Inspiron 660. Anyways, I'm trying to install Windows Vista in a VM, but I'm running Windows 10 and I'm not sure which program supports Aero. I know Hyper-V does not.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Where is Windows Vista still being used after April 11,        Posted: Tue May 07, 2019 5:29 am 

Favourite OS
Debian 10, 6002, 9600
gtgamer468 wrote:
Anyways, I'm trying to install Windows Vista in a VM, but I'm running Windows 10 and I'm not sure which program supports Aero. I know Hyper-V does not.

use vmware

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Where is Windows Vista still being used after April 11,        Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:08 pm 

Favourite OS
Debian 10, 6002, 9600
MCpillager12 wrote:

I've loaded Vista on my netbook again (only difference is that I'm using ultimate instead of home premium), still have to activate it.

nar002 wrote:
MCpillager12 wrote:
yes.

Why still use Vista? Just for the hell of it?

Why Windows 10?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: My school computer's Windows versions        Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:52 pm 

Favourite OS
Debian 10, 6002, 9600
AaronReturn2004 wrote:
As promised in the "Where is Windows Vista still being used" thread, a expansion of that post!

In my hometown, all the schools are operated by the government. They have PCs with Windows pre-installed on them but it changed after we got Chromebooks. Now the teachers were the only ones to access Windows! Anyway, what versions and preferences were used time-to-time?

1) Windows XP Professional SP3 (2011 (first year in primary school)-2013)
Notes: IE and WMP updated to last XP versions, no wallpaper, Office 2003 Professional, old-fashioned sign-in turned on by default, Media Player Classic (original, for DVD playback cause WMP11 only supported Region 2 DVDs) and some nostalgic "(animal character)'s (topic) House" educational games on them. Works with proper .exes and games.

2) Windows Vista Enterprise(?) (same as prior)
Notes: No internet so nothing worked except games.*hehe* Everything set to defaults cause the IT were lazy. Meanwhile, it is still being used at the Starlight Express Room at the Canberra Hospital.

3) Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 (2013-2018)
Notes: Nothing changed, except removal of installer .exes working, Office 2010 Professional Plus and other usable software preinstalled (including IMGBURN and the obvious Chrome). I recall the entire installing thing on our computers exciting me and mixing it up for Vista! :?

4) Windows 10 Enterprise Fall Creators Update (2018-now)
Notes: Slowly rolled over the entire school (at first only available to selected workers) before coming to teachers in October. They should pretty much update to every new update. :beta: They could've chosen Education... This was the same year they ordered Acer Chromebook Spin 11 for student which caused a big boom at my high school.

So that's mine. Free free to post your history!!

My school uses Windows 7, but some computers use Windows 8.1 or 10.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Where is Windows Vista still being used after April 11,        Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:39 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Actually I still using the Operating System on my Lenovo T60……It works much better than Windows 7 for the fluency.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Where is Windows Vista still being used after April 11,        Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:40 am 
FTP Access

Land of the bootleg(turkish bootleg edition)

Favourite OS
Windows 3.2
I use it in my 32-bit Vaio laptop. I use it for dumping stuff.

Shareware featuring an upgrade for preexisting Windows 3.1 users and BONUS PACK
Distributed freely by PC World. March 1996

Top  Profile