Discuss Windows Vista, 7, 8.x, 10 and Windows Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2016, 2019, Home Server, SBS 2008, SBS 2011.
- FTP Access
- Posts: 321
- Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:25 pm
- Location: Eggmanland/Toronto
I'm going to download one of the two, so which is more stable, and which has more DCE?
I am The Eggman! -The Doctor
Like Pictures? Bored? Check out some Photography and "Like" it! Check it out here!
I'd say 3718 in both cases
- Posts: 750
- Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:42 am
- Location: Guelph, ON, Canada
with my experience with 3718 , it runs like a dream, has very good compatibility with programs old and new, I would use it as my main OS but lack of updates comprises it.
LH 3718 is more stable than 3706:
- in LH 3706 sidebar can't integrate in taskbar
- TweakNT does not working in LH 3706
You should install 3718
- Posts: 994
- Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:13 am
- Location: With Waldo
3718 because if you have low or minimum requirements for the OS, 3718 works but 3706 doesn't show the sidebar and the start menu.
another vote for 3718. it was and still is the most stable version of longhorn, without that pesky memory leak problem of the 4XXX builds