Most stable Vista Beta/Longhorn Alpha

Discuss Windows Vista, 7, 8.x, 10 and Windows Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2016, 2019, Home Server, SBS 2008, SBS 2011.
Namronia

Most stable Vista Beta/Longhorn Alpha

Post by Namronia »

Hello, ive got problems connecting Internet with Vista Final, So, what Version can i use thats stable enough for really running and compatible to Xp drivers and Hardware? It should also be possible to remove the Timebomb, i thought about 5112 or 5231, but is it possible removing timebomb?

Thanks

Edit, and if possible, i also want Aero (got a NVIDIA GeForce EN8600GTS)

XDude
Donator

Post by XDude »

i dont think a timebomb bypass/crack was every created for 5112/5219.

Namronia

Post by Namronia »

XDude wrote:i dont think a timebomb bypass/crack was every created for 5112/5219.
Thats really sad, no possibitie?

Peteski
FTP Access

Post by Peteski »

Namronia wrote:
XDude wrote:i dont think a timebomb bypass/crack was every created for 5112/5219.
no, the timebombs location moved with the 5xxx reset.
as an added insult to injury the offset which i patch for my longhorn activation patches (which still exists in xp sp3 betas, lol) also moved making that method of patching activation useless.

in short, only slc.dll patches exist and are temperamental at best.

Namronia

Post by Namronia »

Peteski wrote:
Namronia wrote:
no, the timebombs location moved with the 5xxx reset.
as an added insult to injury the offset which i patch for my longhorn activation patches (which still exists in xp sp3 betas, lol) also moved making that method of patching activation useless.

in short, only slc.dll patches exist and are temperamental at best.
At all builds until 5259 i ever used a crack {that works with XP and Server 2003 too so i wont upload it}. It simulates the safe mode so no activation is needed, i personally dont like the slc.dll patches, the other one is easier and faster to install

Edit, found the perfect OS for me Internet Works, all my software seems to work, fast and stable, loving old vista betas

Derf
Donator

Post by Derf »

Namronia wrote:...
Edit, found the perfect OS for me Internet Works, all my software seems to work, fast and stable, loving old vista betas
So you're using an old, notoriously unstable build of Windows Vista as your main operating system? I'd backup if I were you, just incase any "complications" arise.

inxsfan92
FTP Access

Post by inxsfan92 »

i read somewhere that the activation on 5112 can be cracked by disabling some services

Peteski
FTP Access

Post by Peteski »

inxsfan92 wrote:i read somewhere that the activation on 5112 can be cracked by disabling some services
it was the 'Software Licensing Service' disabling it simply disabled activation checks but broke everything else which relied on licensing.

constrictor
Donator

Post by constrictor »

Ive always liked Vista 5231 also. But Vista Final works fine for me so i just use that.

darthtk118
FTP Access

Post by darthtk118 »

The most stable Longhorn build I used was 4074. A lot of work and tweaks had to go into making it usable, but It seemed the most compatible with all of my hardware. It ran mostly everything just fine with XP drivers.

Namronia

Post by Namronia »

darthtk118 wrote:The most stable Longhorn build I used was 4074. A lot of work and tweaks had to go into making it usable, but It seemed the most compatible with all of my hardware. It ran mostly everything just fine with XP drivers.
was it your first longhorn?

for me thats the unstablest version ever... nice but unstable

darthtk118
FTP Access

Post by darthtk118 »

Namronia wrote:
darthtk118 wrote:The most stable Longhorn build I used was 4074. A lot of work and tweaks had to go into making it usable, but It seemed the most compatible with all of my hardware. It ran mostly everything just fine with XP drivers.
was it your first longhorn?

for me thats the unstablest version ever... nice but unstable
yeah it was my first one I also worked with 4033 and a few others but couldn't get on the internet with them because of driver incompatibility, so I dumped them