My Windows 7 Concept

Discuss Windows Vista, 7, 8.x, 10 and Windows Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2016, 2019, Home Server, SBS 2008, SBS 2011.

Do you like?

Yes
77%
No
11%
You Suck!
11%

Total votes: 44

SaT
FTP Access

My Windows 7 Concept

Post by SaT »

Updated with BAIU

and also more
lol

Last edited by SaT on Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chicago
FTP Access

Post by Chicago »

Good job!
Though, I still think it looks too Vistaish!

Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Use the BetaArchive Image Uploader!

livelonger87
FTP Access

Post by livelonger87 »

Wow... how did you make those backgrounds? What did you use? Please spill!!

Andrew
Donator

Post by Andrew »

Very fresh ideas SaT, good work! I would love to see logos / custom fonts used in the taskbar; it looks really cool. Also, I like the toast/notification balloon implementation, it looks like you've based them on the Win7M1 screenshots, but they look genuine.

This work is amazing, either you're a visionary, or you have a lot of persiverance and free time - either way, they're probably the most contingent and appealing Windows 7 fakes I've seen.

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

Lol, someone took these screenshots to be real xD

http://ctfblog.977mb.com/wordpress/?p=830

logicaL
FTP Access

Post by logicaL »

hounsell wrote:Lol, someone took these screenshots to be real xD

http://ctfblog.977mb.com/wordpress/?p=830
Yeah, somebody on Wikipedia also mentioned those as well in the discussion about screenshots.

SaT
FTP Access

Post by SaT »

wee!
more screens
with the Forum Image Uploader

sorry for the problems Andy

SaT
FTP Access

Post by SaT »

ChasingVertigo wrote:Very fresh ideas SaT, good work! I would love to see logos / custom fonts used in the taskbar; it looks really cool. Also, I like the toast/notification balloon implementation, it looks like you've based them on the Win7M1 screenshots, but they look genuine.

This work is amazing, either you're a visionary, or you have a lot of persiverance and free time - either way, they're probably the most contingent and appealing Windows 7 fakes I've seen.
lol
i dont have the time
but
i got bored and i have 2 wait for the pc to finish a HD movie
so
lol
thats wat happen when u leave a teenage boi with FireWorks

i dont use photocrap

Ambig
FTP Access

Post by Ambig »

I love the wallpaper, but to me, it looks to Vistaish, as Chicago said.

The text on the window border would be unreadable on white backgrounds. I like what you did with the taskbar and the notification. In fact, I think the notification pop-up is something I think will appear in Windows 7.

Technigma

Post by Technigma »

Looks nice. Not sure how the Flip3D thing would work, though

zdanee
FTP Access

Post by zdanee »

I personally hope Windows 7 to be a lightweight and modular system, where a screensaver or a window-flipping effect is not considered a part of the operating system, but a module I can disable or even remove completely. MiniWin seems to be something with that in mind. Well it is also a possibility, that Win7 will be a highly modular system, with the parts connected throuth DRM, and you wont own but rent your opsys from MS, and pay monthly for that window-flipping module. (I see the era of Linux is on the corner )

Ambig
FTP Access

Post by Ambig »

Pay a monthly fee for a module for Windows? That would be a horrible idea in my opinion, and would only push consumers away to other alternatives, such as Linux, or even towards Apple.

I don't even think Linux is going towards the way of paying for modules. It's been open source for this long, I highly doubt it will change anytime soon, and if someone does make a pay module for Linux, someone will just make a free version with more/better options.

zdanee
FTP Access

Post by zdanee »

Ambig wrote:Pay a monthly fee for a module for Windows? That would be a horrible idea in my opinion, and would only push consumers away to other alternatives, such as Linux, or even towards Apple.

I don't even think Linux is going towards the way of paying for modules. It's been open source for this long, I highly doubt it will change anytime soon, and if someone does make a pay module for Linux, someone will just make a free version with more/better options.
I know my english is horrible, but I newer said Linux will have pay-modules. I only said, that the massive DRM technology MS is integrating in Windows, and the modular concept of MiniWin may insist, that the next Windows, or the one after it will be made of a free kernel, and pay-modules. Its not just a wild guess, MS has a patent with the same idea. I think they call it SaaS (Software as a Service, means you not own the program, you rent it as a service). Well, even with a free kernel, I guess open-source modules will become avaible for MiniWin as well, Linux is also but a bare kernel.

Ambig
FTP Access

Post by Ambig »

Oh. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

What the patent reads to me is that it allows stuff like drivers to hook into the kernel while denying stuff that aren't authorized to hook into the kernel the ability to install. I believe Vista already has something like this implimented with drivers and even Anti-Viruses that require the need to hook into the kernel.

If MS charges for these modules, it will be a good way to alienate business and even the average consumer.

And these modules that would hook into the kernel would be a lot larger things than the flip thing, but more along the lines of DWM, added hardware support (like EFI), and other bigger things that take place under the hood.

Chicago
FTP Access

Post by Chicago »

OMG!!!!
What if you have Windows 7 and you are hiding it to us (LOL LOL)
LOL!!

zdanee
FTP Access

Post by zdanee »

I certenly do, sir! I only miss the kernel now, witch is a vmlinuz on my system just kidding.
Ofcourse the flipping thing was just an example, Im talking about filesystem support, GUI (like aero vs progman.exe), or even video codecs, 3d support, etc. I personally think, that its not an alien idea (just a BigBrother maniac idea), you'll has to pay only for what you use, and it will probably make Windows a lot cheaper. Like a company, holding 500 licenses, and only using the system to run office and firefox wont have to pay for DirectX and Aero and stuff. Also if you buy an opsys, you may only use for a year or two it is natural to be cheaper than an opsys, youll use for 3-4 years. I think things will go like iTunes Store + apt, 25 cent for DirectX a month, adds 3$ a year, not a heavy price, even with 10-20 modules it may be cheaper for a 2-3 years, than buying the entire thing. Also it may make things harder for the users of pirate versions, thats why I think it is likely to happen. OK, Im a pirate user as well, for I wont pay the price of my system for the opsys, but I may reconsider for a 10$/year price.

zdanee
FTP Access

Post by zdanee »

They say, Milestone 1 may have been leaked. Here is a video. Might even be true...

Rob Jansen
Donator

Post by Rob Jansen »

Thats fake.

An old video by a russian, look at the other topics.

hounsell

Re: My Windows 7 Concept

Post by hounsell »

SaT wrote:Image
Guess what?
These concepts found their way into a UK Magazine as actual leaked screenshots.

Namronia

Post by Namronia »

i hate such magazines, they always post faked, without ANY researching...

SaT
FTP Access

Re: My Windows 7 Concept

Post by SaT »

hounsell wrote:
SaT wrote:Image
Guess what?
These concepts found their way into a UK Magazine as actual leaked screenshots.

OMG....

LOL!!!
some one liked my concepts

Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Seems to be a very reliable magazine with great soucres

SaT
FTP Access

Post by SaT »

A new one... what you guys think?

Rob Jansen
Donator

Post by Rob Jansen »

SaT wrote:A new one... what you guys think?
Looks good.

But 1 advice, put an watermark across with (Not real Windows "7", just my own made screenshot) so that people don't post, posts or articles with the FAKE Windows 7 screenshots.
I really hate people who post posts or articles with Fake screens or concept screens that aren't real.