BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 7d, 2h, 16m | CPU: 29% | MEM: 1843MB of 3445MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Which Longhorn Build would be best for my laptop?        Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:38 pm 
Donator

I have a Vaio PCG-K45, and want to know which longhorn build would be best for it. Any Suggestions? :^)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: WHich Longhorn Build would be best for my laptop?        Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:56 pm 
Donator

st.alfonzo wrote:
I have a Vaio PCG-K45, and want to know which longhorn build would be best for it. Any Suggestions? :^)

Detailed specs? Sony's product names tend to be not very descriptive...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:06 pm 
The best build is 5000

PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:17 pm 
Donator

5000 is not leaked.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:04 am 
Oh i'm sorry... i mean 5048

PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:37 am 
FTP Access

5048 is running NOT very nice in my VMWare and i dont recommend that you install it on physical machines. First, there's only GUI changes from server03 and the GUI changed is not that nice, it's quite ugly to my view. Moreover, the whole system is not really stable. It's just a VM stuff. If your machine support DX9B, maybe you can try to turn on the Aero effect, but it would not be a nice job since 5048 is just Pre-Beta 1... In fact, therere many bugs and the later builds are fixing the bugs.. If 5048 has not much bugs, they wont have 5112, 5219 and so on

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:25 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
5048 isnt that bad... In terms of the theme, it looks quite good, and the glass in that build can run on any graphics card :P Also, it ran quite well in a VM for me, though with it installed on my computer, it was quite buggy and unstable, plus it has a poor compatibility :(

Also, looking up that laptop, there *could* be issues with the graphics card and the 4xxx builds, so i wouldnt recommend any of them. And the 5xxx builds can be quite hard to crack (as tweaknt doesnt remove the timebomb and you cant just patch the winlogon to remove activation)

Which leaves 3xxx builds. I personally recommend 3718, As it is stable, is very compatible for a beta (with a bit of work, all .nets will go on it :P ), doesn't look too bad (with greenPlex, it will look great ;) ) and the DCE effects are pretty good as well. Plus, you have the media center for this build :)

Top  Profile  WWW