4074 Restarts when Desktop loads

Discuss Windows Vista, 7, 8.x, 10 and Windows Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2016, 2019, Home Server, SBS 2008, SBS 2011.
m4rkuz
FTP Access

4074 Restarts when Desktop loads

Post by m4rkuz »

hi,

I installed Longhorn 4074 R2 and after setup there were many devices not Installed. So I took some XP drivers and installed. Durig the drivers install longhorn gave me a message that there is a error , I clicked cancel and the drivers worked. BUT only Until the next reboot -.-

Now everytime I logged on and the desktop is loading longhorn shuts down / restarts....

hmm 2 nd question is: The taskbar is glass, but the windows not. How can I make the windows glass , too??

thank you

markus

nfinitegpu
FTP Access

Re: 4074 Restarts when Desktop loads

Post by nfinitegpu »

m4rkuz wrote:hi,

I installed Longhorn 4074 R2 and after setup there were many devices not Installed. So I took some XP drivers and installed. Durig the drivers install longhorn gave me a message that there is a error , I clicked cancel and the drivers worked. BUT only Until the next reboot -.-

Now everytime I logged on and the desktop is loading longhorn shuts down / restarts....

hmm 2 nd question is: The taskbar is glass, but the windows not. How can I make the windows glass , too??

thank you

markus

Try safemode to remove installed driver and try another driver for Vista version.Usually to prevent damage to your hardware windows are rebooting or there is a conflict with another hardware you have.
:::::: http://www.imagegather.com Your Ultimate Photo Source! ::::::

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

The Shut down/restart is most likely due to the driver, so follow the above except use an XP driver as a Vista driver will not work, and try installing by extracting the installer and using inf files.

I'm not sure of how to enable glass in R2, an alternative would be to use the True Longhorn Upgrade which comes with a DWM switcher app. However, have you tried the Reg Keys in the DWM topic stickied in this forum.