BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 25d, 10h, 50m | CPU: 21% | MEM: 5571MB of 10843MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Microsoft Windows 8/Horizon        Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:00 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows Whistler 2202
I found a Site that tells you quite a bit about the upcoming Microsoft Windows, Windows 8/Horizon. Here's the Link: http://windows8center.com/.

Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Windows 8/Horizon        Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:28 pm 
Donator

Corpse, when was it codenamed Horizon?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Windows 8/Horizon        Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:33 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Yeah, Horizon isn't the official name, I just made that as a suggestion when I was making my OS and stuff. It's not the real name lol :) Windows 8 will just be "8" for now. Sorry, corpse.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Windows 8/Horizon        Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:20 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Longhorn
meh! a lot of these sites have no clue what they are talking about and make up news just so the can post sumthin "exclusive", i dont trust anything a lot of these sites are claiming, i'll stick with the "tried and true" resources..

peas
cityboy

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Windows 8/Horizon        Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:22 pm 
FTP Access

dj_cityboy wrote:
meh! a lot of these sites have no clue what they are talking about and make up news just so the can post sumthin "exclusive", i dont trust anything a lot of these sites are claiming, i'll stick with the "tried and true" resources..

peas
cityboy

I agree. I find that those types of sites generate more rumors and misinformation than facts. How often do you hear people claiming "I heard that there was going to be such and such in such and such OS," long after that "information" had been debunked as nothing more than a rumor. Sure, they may sometimes be right, but it's when they're wrong that it causes problems.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Windows 8/Horizon        Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:38 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
NT 5.1
thats why smart people only read from trusted source ;)

RIP Josh Exley

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Windows 8/Horizon        Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:46 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
It says that Windows 7 will be the last 32bit OS. If thats true we will see it around for a long time on all the systems that cant run 64bit, im thinkin pentium 4s and netbooks.

I imagine netbooks will go 64bit by the time windows 8 comes out, if they are cutting 32bit.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Windows 8/Horizon        Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:51 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
OS X 10.8
Trust me, I've said it before, I'll say it again - I've heard from some pretty reliable sources that the consumer-oriented versions of Windows 8 32-bit will exist. To what degree, who knows, but they will be compiled.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Windows 8/Horizon        Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:20 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7\Slackware
This site's ran by the same people as Windows 7 Center, and that was great. :mrgreen:

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Windows 8/Horizon        Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:13 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
OS X 10.8
I wouldn't trust this site with my pet walrus, and that's saying quite a lot. Their latest news post is a rumor that was denied by Microsoft all the way back on October 8th.
http://bink.nu/news/microsoft-mulling-1 ... ows-9.aspx

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Windows 8/Horizon        Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:16 pm 
Donator

Derf wrote:
I wouldn't trust this site with my pet walrus, and that's saying quite a lot. Their latest news post is a rumor that was denied by Microsoft all the way back on October 8th.
http://bink.nu/news/microsoft-mulling-1 ... ows-9.aspx

It seems that somebody just take information from BetaArchive and put on his site...
Because we discussed 128-bit processors. And we discussed Windows 8 name suggestion - Horizon. But it's not real name. So they just take information...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Windows 8/Horizon        Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:55 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows Whistler 2202
*Yawn*, no search up Windows Horizon. This Site's making up fake News? Wow, I can't believe that. I think I would've known before posting a Topic about it. Why is it that the People on Beta Archive say the exact comments & news about Windows 8 that's on the Site? I wonder... oh, yeah... the People on here must be making fake News as well. I'm just guessing.

Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Windows 8/Horizon        Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:59 am 
Donator

Corpse, where is the proof that what is mentioned on this site is true? It needs citation.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Windows 8/Horizon        Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:41 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
NT 5.1
Quote:
This Site's making up fake News? Wow, I can't believe that.

then wake up
theres bunch of sites selling BS just to get spotlight
and now you are selling the same over here

RIP Josh Exley

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Windows 8/Horizon        Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:01 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
OS X 10.8
Corpse wrote:
*Yawn*, no search up Windows Horizon. This Site's making up fake News? Wow, I can't believe that. I think I would've known before posting a Topic about it. Why is it that the People on Beta Archive say the exact comments & news about Windows 8 that's on the Site? I wonder... oh, yeah... the People on here must be making fake News as well. I'm just guessing.

Nono, it was just a rumor that was circulating around that Microsoft has already denied. It's not that it's fake news, but it's that they're reporting old, incorrect news as if it were false. Check out the link I posted from Bink, a respectable community, on the matter.
And HurricaneGeek admitted he made up the Horizon name, isn't that proof enough? :|

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Windows 8/Horizon        Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:25 am 
Donator

Meh, I'll stick with Wzor and Gosugoon.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Windows 8/Horizon        Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:09 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Vista RC1
There is probably a very early build of windows 8 but i would think it would run on windows 7 kernel and would be almost ezakly like 7.
So hopefully someone finds one and posts it on here.

Top  Profile  WWW