BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 4d, 22h, 4m | CPU: 7% | MEM: 6039MB of 12287MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: MCE 2005 with SP3 integrated?        Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:37 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2012 Dtc
I was stashing through my MSDN downloads, and I found that there was no MCE2005 with SP3!

Does anyone know how to do it, because Microsoft said integrating will break the install... An work-arounds?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: MCE 2005 with SP3 integrated?        Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:42 pm 
Donator

I think some cough *Pirates* cough may have achived it so you might be able to get it off a torrent site. If some remember to use your own key obviously.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: MCE 2005 with SP3 integrated?        Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:44 pm 
FTP Access

They said integrated builds for Media Center/Tablet PC wouldn't be provided. You'll just have to get an XP Pro SP3 disc and change the setupp.ini to receive MCE/TabletPC product keys so that it'll ask for CD2.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: MCE 2005 with SP3 integrated?        Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:54 pm 
Donator

It's not even worth fooling with. The only people that have hacked it into working will even tell you that there are still issues with it afterwards or all sorts of things you need to do to get everything working... or you'll be missing components of MCE.

It's easier just to install it with SP2 then install UR2 and SP3. SP3 doesn't actually include the updates that are exclusive to MCE, some of which can't be slipstreamed into the XP setup.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: MCE 2005 with SP3 integrated?        Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:41 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 x64
The pirated integrated copy makes the MCE downgrade from 2005 to 2004 edition.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: MCE 2005 with SP3 integrated?        Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:55 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 2000 SP4
motherboardlove wrote:
I was stashing through my MSDN downloads, and I found that there was no MCE2005 with SP3!

Does anyone know how to do it, because Microsoft said integrating will break the install... An work-arounds?

There's an article on why this doesn't work on Technet, it explains it pretty well, I'll see if I can find it. You CAN get this to work but media center will be really screwed up or downgraded to 2004 edition.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: MCE 2005 with SP3 integrated?        Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:34 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Win10/Debian Linux
Personally, I always just merged the two cd's into one dvd. Since doing that, I figured that it makes sense to just dump the ur2 and sp3 files onto the DVD, and set it up to install the two packages during the first restart during the install.

There were a few threads in Microsoft's forums, which I made sure to complain about the lack of support for MCE 2005. No real responses from Microsoft aside from "it's unsupported".

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: MCE 2005 with SP3 integrated?        Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:20 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7
The reason you cant integrate sp2 stand alone installer also is because lazy Microsoft did not add wmp11 or ie7 into the package, it stuck with wmp9 and we know that MCE comes with wmp10 so its not just the MCE that gets downgraded to 2004 its the media player as well

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: MCE 2005 with SP3 integrated?        Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:27 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Win XP build 2419 | Win7 and up
Just integrate SP3 into MCE with Nlite, it worked for me.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: MCE 2005 with SP3 integrated?        Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:22 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2012 Dtc
Whistler_fan wrote:

Install it and itll be 2004 edition with WMP9... downgraded :(

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: MCE 2005 with SP3 integrated?        Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:34 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 x64
motherboardlove wrote:
Whistler_fan wrote:

Yup, I tried that and that's exactly whats happened.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: MCE 2005 with SP3 integrated?        Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:35 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2012 Dtc
Day2Die wrote:
motherboardlove wrote:
Whistler_fan wrote:

Yup, I tried that and that's exactly whats happened.

Which is what Im trying to prevent :( :P

Offtopic Comment
I wish I could just do something like WMP11.exe /integrate:E:\SP3.exe :P lol

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: MCE 2005 with SP3 integrated?        Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:49 pm 
FTP Access

In that case, all you really have to do is extract the files from wmp11.exe and wmf11dist.exe, place them into the appropriate $OEM$ folder, and run the silent version of update.exe as a runonceex during first boot.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: MCE 2005 with SP3 integrated?        Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:37 pm 
Donator

I also remember reading something about how UR2 needed to be installed before SP3, but UR2 can't be integrated into the XP Setup because, it requires .NET, which also can't be integrated into setup. SP3 also overwrites newer versions of files from MCE unless you install it from within MCE. Good luck figuring it all out, AFAIK no one else has been able to.

Just do like jimmsta said and have the installers run during setup so you don't actually have to deal with them. There is a great guide to making unattended installs over on MSFN which will show you exactly how to do this: http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp

Just so you know that you're beating a dead horse by trying to get this to work:
http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=116271
http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=131916
http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=116918
http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=113212

Top  Profile