BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 58d, 0h, 48m | CPU: 16% | MEM: 6207MB of 10818MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Embedded        Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:04 am 
FTP Access

I have finally located a cd containing Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Embedded, It is a evaluation copy. I have included screen shots of the Opened ISO, Autorun, Installer, Installed Product, and Physical CD

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Embedded        Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:24 am 
Donator

I uploaded this to everyone... I think about a year ago. Someone got a licensed copy on ebay and came here to gloat... I just released what I had with a crack I made. Same thing.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Embedded        Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:36 am 
FTP Access

RentedMule : How can you make such a assumption without any evidence, I did not post that to gloat. My intentions were and still are to share the disk image with whomever would like it. If I had came here to gloat about it I would have put in my pm "this is for me only, don't ask for it, I'll never share it"..

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Embedded        Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:58 am 
Donator

Radar-: I'm really sorry man. This is just a mixup of what I was saying... I'm was saying, about a year ago, someone from here (I can not remember the name), bought a fully licensed copy of NT 4.0 Embedded from ebay. He came here and showed it off and made it very clear he was keeping it to himself. So I dug up my copy of the trial, like you have, cracked it, and gave it to the site server. I have no idea if it made the transition to the new server setup. That's pretty much it.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Embedded        Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:01 am 
FTP Access

It's alright, I was just like wow, I wasn't coming here to tease people lol

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Embedded        Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:43 am 
Donator

RentedMule wrote:
Radar-: I'm really sorry man. This is just a mixup of what I was saying... I'm was saying, about a year ago, someone from here (I can not remember the name), bought a fully licensed copy of NT 4.0 Embedded from ebay. He came here and showed it off and made it very clear he was keeping it to himself. So I dug up my copy of the trial, like you have, cracked it, and gave it to the site server. I have no idea if it made the transition to the new server setup. That's pretty much it.

It was empireum.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Embedded        Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:13 pm 
FTP Access

RentedMule wrote:

Not to be rude but it's attitudes like yours which discourage people from uploading things by the way - if you automatically assume that people will give you things then they are unlikely to be inclined to do so. Especially if they could only get it by buying a licensed copy for a considerable amount of money, why is it your right to then have that for free? He probably just thought people here would be interested to see it, which some of us were in fact, like if you bought something like a new PC you might post about it for people to have a look at it but you wouldn't be expected to then buy one to give to everyone else as well. I think KenOath left for similar reasons too, people just kept expecting him to give everything he had to them for free when he had spent a lot of time and money acquiring licensed copies of rare software, and he was fed up with that attitude.

Not to mention that if you really do believe that all software should be given away to the world however rare or expensive it is, you had that trial copy for a long time before uploading it and only did so to make your point, so I don't see how that is any better. No need to respond to this by the way, I'm just saying that I don't like to see such attitudes on the forum.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Embedded        Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:02 am 
Donator

Vista Ultimate R2: Get a grip man. It sounds like a rant just because you can.

This is a case of "If you won't do it, I'll do it myself". I didn't bitch. I didn't whine. I had no reason to. I saw people wanted it. He showed no interest in releasing it. I sped up my efforts (had the disk for three weeks, posted disk shots, and simply wanted to do the crack on my casual time), cracked it, then released it. I said "Here everyone. Enjoy". No pointing fingers. No bad mouthing. I just gave what I could... maybe I took the spotlight away from someone... is that WHY he bought it? If no, then it doesn't matter. If it is, then good. Still doesn't matter.

The original reason I posted was to let Radar- know it was already out there... and he can relax and not worry about uploading it unless it wasn't there anymore.

Don't make a big deal about this. I'm the good guy. I can't find the post anywhere, so you'll just have take it all at face value.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Embedded        Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:14 am 
FTP Access

There's only one person having a rant/bitching/whining (to quote) in this topic 8-) I'm not looking for a war or a rant, all I gave was my view on why people are discouraged from uploading anything to the server.

If you want to know why he bought it, perhaps he wanted this piece of software and didn't assume someone would give it to him for free - why else do people buy licensed software? (by the way, that question does not need to be answered, I think we all know the reasons why you might buy software, and not many of them involve boasting about it)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Embedded        Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:17 am 
Administrator

Enough!

Listings: BetaArchive Database (beta)
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

Top  Profile  WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]