BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 8d, 14h, 2m | CPU: 47% | MEM: 5777MB of 12287MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:56 pm 
Reply with quote
kidde wrote:
KenOath wrote:
" W2KNAS_EN " is the label on another Sp4 build I picked up from
another underground forum...

I didn't even know there were any other underground OS Beta forums besides us and Glenda.

There's a few w#rez sights about that share quite a bit of OS betas/retail,
& being w#rez sights, they tend to be hard to find, until you join 1, then
find another, & another until you end up with a good few who end up
also hosting files privately when you get to know members over time...


Top
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:21 am 
Reply with quote
Donator
Offline

Joined
Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:00 pm

Posts
3557
KenOath wrote:
kidde wrote:
KenOath wrote:
" W2KNAS_EN " is the label on another Sp4 build I picked up from
another underground forum...

I didn't even know there were any other underground OS Beta forums besides us and Glenda.

There's a few w#rez sights about that share quite a bit of OS betas/retail,
& being w#rez sights, they tend to be hard to find, until you join 1, then
find another, & another until you end up with a good few who end up
also hosting files privately when you get to know members over time...

Okay, that pretty much rules out the possibility of me finding such a site because I am usually not having much luck with that. :) I know some places, but none of them have/had such goodies like WindowsPowered... :)

By the way, the "W2WFPB1_EN" label looks like the "most genuine one" to me as it seems to follow MS' naming scheme on the W2K CDs... :) Thanks for sharing these, I'll probably pick one of these :) And something else, sorry to bother you: despite the branding changes (are they already visible in the Setup?), are there any more substantial differences between W2KPWR and W2KAS?


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:33 am 
Reply with quote
empireum wrote:
By the way, the "W2WFPB1_EN" label looks like the "most genuine one" to me as it seems to follow MS' naming scheme on the W2K CDs... :) Thanks for sharing these, I'll probably pick one of these :) And something else, sorry to bother you: despite the branding changes (are they already visible in the Setup?), are there any more substantial differences between W2KPWR and W2KAS?

I tend to let the installations run in the background whilst working most of
the time so I never really get to see much more than the screens to
enter personal details, although one of the Sp4 isos has a bootdisk
folder with the usual 4 disks & program to make them, so does the
Sp1 RC iso...


Top
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:28 pm 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:09 am

Posts
520

Location
Glendale KY USA
Would the conversion work with windows 2000 pro gold?


Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:12 pm 
Reply with quote
dirtwarrior wrote:
Would the conversion work with windows 2000 pro gold?

I've not tried it on Pro to find out, but I'd imagine that after you did the
slipstream & attempted to install the OS, it would just keep asking for
files that weren't on the CD as the layout.inf & txtsetup.sif would be
telling setup what files were needed, but wouldn't be there as being that
nas is a server OS, it would most likely need the adv/server files on the
CD...
Just my opinion though... :?


Top
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:32 pm 
Reply with quote
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:19 am

Posts
1915

Location
New Zealand
KenOath wrote:
kidde wrote:
KenOath wrote:
" W2KNAS_EN " is the label on another Sp4 build I picked up from
another underground forum...

I didn't even know there were any other underground OS Beta forums besides us and Glenda.

There's a few w#rez sights about that share quite a bit of OS betas/retail,
& being w#rez sights, they tend to be hard to find, until you join 1, then
find another, & another until you end up with a good few who end up
also hosting files privately when you get to know members over time...

you must get quite a bit of spam email :P

Quote:
I've not tried it on Pro to find out, but I'd imagine that after you did the
slipstream & attempted to install the OS, it would just keep asking for
files that weren't on the CD as the layout.inf & txtsetup.sif would be
telling setup what files were needed, but wouldn't be there as being that
nas is a server OS, it would most likely need the adv/server files on the
CD...
Just my opinion though...

might be lucky enough to "skip" the files and hopefully be able to boot it


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:36 am 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:09 am

Posts
520

Location
Glendale KY USA
My computer is ready for a reinstall of windows. As soon as I back everything up I am going to try this conversion on 2k pro gold and see what happens.
I will keep you all posted.


Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:16 am 
Reply with quote
Donator
Offline

Joined
Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:00 pm

Posts
3557
Quote:
Quote:
I've not tried it on Pro to find out, but I'd imagine that after you did the
slipstream & attempted to install the OS, it would just keep asking for
files that weren't on the CD as the layout.inf & txtsetup.sif would be
telling setup what files were needed, but wouldn't be there as being that
nas is a server OS, it would most likely need the adv/server files on the
CD...
Just my opinion though...

might be lucky enough to "skip" the files and hopefully be able to boot it

But as KenOath said, it's a server OS. And doing this on Pro where you'd be missing all the server stuff rather kills the point of it, IMHO.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:18 am 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:09 am

Posts
520

Location
Glendale KY USA
I just want the logo.


Top  Profile  YIM
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

All views expressed in these forums are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of the BetaArchive site owner.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Copyright © 2006-2019

 

Sitemap | XML | RSS