Which Whistler build was the first to use Luna?

Discuss Windows 2000, NT, XP and Windows Server 2000, 2003, SBS 2003.
Battler
Donator

Which Whistler build was the first to use Luna?

Post by Battler »

I'm asking this, because I want to try the original Watercolor from the Whistler beta's on my Windows XP SP 1, but build 2469 already has Luna, and I know that builds 241x all have Watercolor.
But what was the first build to have used Luna?
Join [url=irc://irc.ringoflightning.net/softhistory/]#softhistory @ RoL IRC[/url], a nice community for true enthusiasts!
Anime channel: [url=irc://irc.ringoflightning.net/aniboshi/]#doki-doki @ RoL IRC[/url], Mibbit, KiwiIRC.
The 86Box help channel is #softhistory now!

Check out our SoftHistory Forum for quality discussion about older software.

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

2419 was the last containing the Watercolor theme, and 2428 was the first (leaked) to use Luna.

Battler
Donator

Post by Battler »

empireum wrote:2419 was the last containing the Watercolor theme, and 2428 was the first (leaked) to use Luna.
Ahhh... thanks.
BTW, is it possible to modify a Windows XP Professional final version CD to have Watercolor instead of Luna?
Join [url=irc://irc.ringoflightning.net/softhistory/]#softhistory @ RoL IRC[/url], a nice community for true enthusiasts!
Anime channel: [url=irc://irc.ringoflightning.net/aniboshi/]#doki-doki @ RoL IRC[/url], Mibbit, KiwiIRC.
The 86Box help channel is #softhistory now!

Check out our SoftHistory Forum for quality discussion about older software.

pr0gram the pr0grammer
Donator

Post by pr0gram the pr0grammer »

OBrasilo wrote: Ahhh... thanks.
BTW, is it possible to modify a Windows XP Professional final version CD to have Watercolor instead of Luna?
It should be, though you will need to also slipstream the cracked UxTheme.dll file so it can read it. The way I did it on my auto install CD is to put the theme files in the \$OEM$\$$\Resources\Themes folder on the CD, then it was automatically copied to the resources\themes folder.

Have a read of this article on MSFN's Unattented Windows site, it might be useful to you
pr0gram the pr0grammer
BetaArchive retiree | OSBA Expat

___
Donator

Post by ___ »

using nlite you can add themes to the install and choose the default theme that is used