BSOD in Whistler Build 2202 Professional

Discuss Windows 2000, NT, XP and Windows Server 2000, 2003, SBS 2003.
betamaster

BSOD in Whistler Build 2202 Professional

Post by betamaster »

I have big problem when I boot from cd with Whistler 2202. I have this on VirtualBox and real computer:
I don`t know what i am looking :P

Rob Jansen
Donator

Post by Rob Jansen »

Partition the disk for installation and try to install this from DOS with the Whistler Setup Bootdisk from my collection book.

betamaster

Post by betamaster »

I have this now:

Rob Jansen
Donator

Post by Rob Jansen »

FORMAT!!

Sorry for being harsh, but after partition you need to format it first before you can use it.

betamaster

Post by betamaster »

DjRob wrote:FORMAT!!

Sorry for being harsh, but after partition you need to format it first before you can use it.
I Format this, and I have this...

vizerous
Donator

Post by vizerous »

You need format partition in FAT32, after it, start i386/winnt.exe

If you formated partition in NTFS, Winnt.exe can't work, because dos is not working with ntfs.

Rob Jansen
Donator

Post by Rob Jansen »

Format with FAT32.

And if you use VPC 2007, open the VHD image with Winimage and copy the folder i386 to the root of the harddrive and if you are using vmware open it with VMWare 6 (build in option of mount HD, dont forget to uncheck the checkbox of read-only) and then copy the files from your HD to the other HD.

(At VMWare there is certain risk involved, if your VM has an virus then it could mutate to your pc).

Daniel1981
Donator

Post by Daniel1981 »

Yeah, I know that screen, I got it when I tried to Install windows 2000 beta 2...

Just do the following:

Start MS-DOS->Type: FDISK->Create Primary Partition->Restart your computer->Get to MS-DOS->Type:Format C:->Then type the letter of your CD/DVD Drive (When the Whistler CD is in the drive)->Type:I386
->Type:Winnt

Well, thats it, from here, windows setup will guide you how to install it properly.

betamaster

Post by betamaster »

When I map the Virtual Disk, I don`t see this in My Computer. I have Vista, and in XP i don`t have this trouble... I have another trouble. Banana.ini is damaged and I can`t copy disk in ms-dos to C drive, but i just type winnt in R:\I386 and this works... When I restart, computer not booting from disk...