Why Windows XP is terrible to me.

Discuss Windows 2000, NT, XP and Windows Server 2000, 2003, SBS 2003.
Dukenukem5

Why Windows XP is terrible to me.

Post by Dukenukem5 »

I have 3 reasons XP is a bad OS to me.
1. When a program loads sometimes, the computer closes it itself.
2. The computer never responds to me.
3. It won't install some old games. If you have a question about your XP problems, you can reply here. Windows 2000 never does it to me. It's better then XP, because it never cause those problems execpt some old games.

betaluva
Donator

Post by betaluva »

its sounds like you need more ram, how much do you have? as for the old games, do you install them in compatabilty mode?

Danielxv
FTP Access

Post by Danielxv »

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+
1GB Kingston
GeForce 7300 LE 512MB
Asus M2N-X

All drivers compatible with XP

I Already played more than 400 games, only one is incompatible, Hitman: Codename 47, incompatible with the video card.
The computer is on 24 hours and only restart once a month or when the installation of any application asks.

I never have problems, and when I have, is to stay a long time without format, accumulating much garbage of uninstalled programs.
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

longview
FTP Access

Post by longview »

XP is pretty awesome actually qtiyd

Edit: forgot to sign mah post

-Z
Last edited by longview on Fri May 23, 2008 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let's sperg about hardware
E6410 - i5-560m, 8GB, WXGA+, NVS 3100M, Samsung SSD 830 128GB, WWAN, 9-cell, E-Port Plus Replicator
Desktop - i5-2500k (4.3 GHz TB), 8 GB, HD6950 2GB, 2x24" 1080p, Samsung SSD 830 128GB + 2 TB stripe, Xonar D2X

mdogg
Donator

Post by mdogg »

I find XP is better than Vista just because XP has had more time to have bugs fixed up and such. And yes I have used Vista.

J.Byrne
Donator

Post by J.Byrne »

Definatley sounds like something nasty is eating up your ram.
Try stopping all apps from starting with windows, that always seems to speed things up!

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

Yup, something is definately wrong there. I'd recommend a format and reinstall. It's usually the only solution when a PC is that bad.

Core 2 Idiot
FTP Access

Re: Why Windows XP is terrible to me.

Post by Core 2 Idiot »

Dukenukem5 wrote:I have 3 reasons XP is a bad OS to me.
1. When a program loads sometimes, the computer closes it itself.
2. The computer never responds to me.
3. It won't install some old games. If you have a question about your XP problems, you can reply here. Windows 2000 never does it to me. It's better then XP, because it never cause those problems execpt some old games.
I agree. I only like longhorn, not 2000.

4tified
Donator

Post by 4tified »

It's all a matter of personal opinion and dependent on HOW you're using it and WHAT you're using it on. I've had problems with XP, sure. But overall, XP has been the most dependent Microsoft OS I've ever used. Vista's on it's way to the same trustworthiness after SP1 (I think that's a word), but it still has some kinks to work out...and core 2, why did you pick Longhorn over XP? Sure, it's cooler, but not even comparable with 2000 as far a stability is concerned.

Core 2 Idiot
FTP Access

Post by Core 2 Idiot »

actually if you use 4028 or 5048 its really stable and I do use vista on my desktop Cuz' o have too

asiekierka
FTP Access

Post by asiekierka »

NT4 is the best.

No, really. It's small, has very low requirements, and is actually useful .

Also, I wanted to make an NT4 WIM installer using Longhorn's installer, but that's impossible AFAIK.

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

asiekierka wrote:Also, I wanted to make an NT4 WIM installer using Longhorn's installer, but that's impossible AFAIK.

Oh really? How much do you want to bet on that?

Namronia

Post by Namronia »

my tip: not much, already got neptune (which is based on 2000) successfully working in 4008's wim once

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

Namronia wrote:my tip: not much, already got neptune (which is based on 2000) successfully working in 4008's wim once
shhh. You ruined it now. I was going to turn up in half an hour with a completed WIM installer. Anyway, I'll upload it anyway to my BA WIM Server

asiekierka
FTP Access

Post by asiekierka »

hounsell: If you'll get NT4+SP6+SRP+all unofficial patches in a WIM fitting on a CD, installable, then I'll give you a cake.