Discuss Windows 2000, NT, XP and Windows Server 2000, 2003, SBS 2003.
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:51 pm
- Location: Chaitén, Chile
I decided to make a experiment with a build of Windows 2000 Beta, as the final Windows 2000 release can run on a 486, the emulator I used is 86Box.
Specs of the emulated machine:
- MOBO: ASUS VL/I-486SLV2G (GX4)
- Graphics Card: ATI Graphics Pro Turbo (mach64 GX) PCI version, 2 MB, running at 1024*768 with 75 Hz of refresh rate
- Used MS-DOS 7.10 to install Windows NT with the WINNT.EXE program
- Converted the partition file system from FAT32 to NTFS
- Removed the DOS entry after installation
- It took 2 hours to install
- Keyboard didn't work at the installation portion
- The drivers were installed without at problem
- It's fast to work with the emulated specs
- Posts: 66
- Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:38 am
- Location: Shanghai,China
Whoa!Though installing this interesting beta OS on such pathetic "hardware" is hard,but it might be fun and meaningful!
I'm in the exciting new world of NT5.0,where magical arts meet modern style!
Windows NT,Debian,Haiku...the triangle of my favourite OSes,an angle for Windows,an angle for *nix distros,and an angle for other OSes.
Windows NT 4.0 Terminal Sever's Deep Dark Fantasy,Windows NT 5.0's modern fantasy duets.
eComStation eCStasy is a bad thing!!Avoid it!!!