BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 21d, 19h, 43m | CPU: 26% | MEM: 5712MB of 11022MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
 PostPost subject: Probiems in installing NT5.0 EUR Edition        Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:16 am 
Reply with quote
Offline

Joined
Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:38 am

Posts
19

Location
Shanghai,China

Favourite OS
Windows NT 5.0 EUR Edition
Recently I downloaded the files on the website wineur.pcguy.de,and replaced the files in win2k German ISO.But it stucks when I enter the graphical installiation period like this.
Image[/url]
I waited for quite a long time,but there's an error says something wrong with dssenh.dll,initpkl.dll and rsaenh.dll in C:\WINNT\system32 folder, and NT5.cat in G:\I386.
Can anyone tell me what's wrong with my ISO?

_________________
Good dreams in NT5.0,nightmares in NT4.0 Terminal Server!


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Probiems in installing NT5.0 EUR Edition        Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:02 am 
Reply with quote
Offline

Joined
Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:38 am

Posts
19

Location
Shanghai,China

Favourite OS
Windows NT 5.0 EUR Edition
As a chinese,I don't understand German a lot,so I can't understand what's README.txt says.So I really don't know how to install the OS successfully!

_________________
Good dreams in NT5.0,nightmares in NT4.0 Terminal Server!


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Probiems in installing NT5.0 EUR Edition        Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:48 am 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
Offline

Joined
Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:37 am

Posts
461
Why would you want to install it? It is just a modified Windows 2000 and nothing too special. As you said before, you are Chinese and you don't understand German very well so I don't get the point unless you are going to translate it to English or Chinese. It is a modified OS so not surprised that it doesn't work. If you are trying to install this on VMware or VirtualBox, then switch to 86Box or PCem or QEMU and try.

Again, NT 5.0 does not exist and you can easily modify the resources to say NT 5.0.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Probiems in installing NT5.0 EUR Edition        Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:21 pm 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:57 am

Posts
5

Location
Shanghai,People's Republic of China

Favourite OS
5112
It isn't recommended to install NT5.0 in VMWare,VirtualBox,etc.
Try Microsoft Virtual PC first.If it doesn't work,please check if your imagine is broken.
And maybe few people would really read 'readme.txt' before installing systems,so just ignore that.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Probiems in installing NT5.0 EUR Edition        Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:02 pm 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Online

Joined
Wed May 29, 2019 5:36 pm

Posts
72

Location
Somewhere near you, UTC+3

Favourite OS
Windows 3.2
bingohuanj wrote:
It isn't recommended to install NT5.0 in VMWare,VirtualBox,etc.
Try Microsoft Virtual PC first.If it doesn't work,please check if your imagine is broken.
And maybe few people would really read 'readme.txt' before installing systems,so just ignore that.

He/She might be using Win10 x64 and VPC doesn't work.

_________________
Quote:
You have never seen Windows like this!
Free Windows 3.2!
Shareware featuring an upgrade for preexisting Windows 3.1 users and BONUS PACK
Distributed freely by PC World. March 1996


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Probiems in installing NT5.0 EUR Edition        Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:25 pm 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:57 am

Posts
5

Location
Shanghai,People's Republic of China

Favourite OS
5112
Winins wrote:
bingohuanj wrote:
It isn't recommended to install NT5.0 in VMWare,VirtualBox,etc.
Try Microsoft Virtual PC first.If it doesn't work,please check if your imagine is broken.
And maybe few people would really read 'readme.txt' before installing systems,so just ignore that.

He/She might be using Win10 x64 and VPC doesn't work.


So he/she does.But using vpc in a virtual machine or on a comparatively old pc is available.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Probiems in installing NT5.0 EUR Edition        Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:19 pm 
Reply with quote
Offline

Joined
Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:38 am

Posts
19

Location
Shanghai,China

Favourite OS
Windows NT 5.0 EUR Edition
bingohuanj wrote:
Winins wrote:
bingohuanj wrote:
It isn't recommended to install NT5.0 in VMWare,VirtualBox,etc.
Try Microsoft Virtual PC first.If it doesn't work,please check if your imagine is broken.
And maybe few people would really read 'readme.txt' before installing systems,so just ignore that.

He/She might be using Win10 x64 and VPC doesn't work.


So he/she does.But using vpc in a virtual machine or on a comparatively old pc is available.

I tried on QEMU but the same problem happened.And I have no old computers,so I will try on VPC on my Windows Vista VM.

_________________
Good dreams in NT5.0,nightmares in NT4.0 Terminal Server!


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Probiems in installing NT5.0 EUR Edition        Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:58 pm 
Reply with quote
Offline

Joined
Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:38 am

Posts
19

Location
Shanghai,China

Favourite OS
Windows NT 5.0 EUR Edition
But the same problems happened when I tried to install it on VPC.So what's wrong with my ISO?

_________________
Good dreams in NT5.0,nightmares in NT4.0 Terminal Server!


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Probiems in installing NT5.0 EUR Edition        Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:01 pm 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
Offline

Joined
Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:37 am

Posts
461
Please post a screenshot of the error. Also I still don't get why you're so obsessed about this fake Windows 2000.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Probiems in installing NT5.0 EUR Edition        Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:47 pm 
Reply with quote
Offline

Joined
Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:38 am

Posts
19

Location
Shanghai,China

Favourite OS
Windows NT 5.0 EUR Edition
ComputerHunter wrote:
Please post a screenshot of the error. Also I still don't get why you're so obsessed about this fake Windows 2000.

Image
Image
The error looks like this.You want to know why I liked that hack?In fact,I had tried NT5.0 beta 2 on VMVare,and it looks so nice,then I liked it,although MS called it Windows 2000 when it released.I have seen a computer running Windows 2000 when I was 4 years old,but I really want to see what will the final version of NT5.0 look like after I tried NT5.0 beta 2.I knew someone made NT5.0 EUR Edition a month ago,and I saw someone tried the hack on VMWare successfully three months ago.I realized that there's a final version of my favourite beta.So I belong the hack to my dream OSes(I have two dream OSes,the another one is Windows Vista,but I have its ISO).I liked it rather than Windows Vista,because I was also a crazy Windows NT fan(I like Windows NT 4.0 Workstation ),but a spy in Windows 2000 fans group!

_________________
Good dreams in NT5.0,nightmares in NT4.0 Terminal Server!


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Probiems in installing NT5.0 EUR Edition        Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:03 pm 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
Offline

Joined
Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:37 am

Posts
461
OK, why don't you get a copy of 2000 and modify it yourself? I can't understand German but the translation looks like it has something to do with OLE.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Probiems in installing NT5.0 EUR Edition        Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:09 pm 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:27 am

Posts
55

Location
Vienna (AUT)

Favourite OS
WfW 3.11
you need a german win 2k cd with integrated sp4 and no other mods.
copy the whole cd to your hdd
extract the nt5 executable into the cd root directory to orderly overwrite the files with their modified versions
afterwards execute the setup by using either winnt.exe or winnt32.exe in the i386 folder.
the shown errors occur if your cd does not match. this causes the setup to encounter issues while veryfying the file integrity of the mentioned dlls.

_________________
Image


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Probiems in installing NT5.0 EUR Edition        Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:51 pm 
Reply with quote
Offline

Joined
Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:38 am

Posts
19

Location
Shanghai,China

Favourite OS
Windows NT 5.0 EUR Edition
xyz wrote:
you need a german win 2k cd with integrated sp4 and no other mods.
copy the whole cd to your hdd
extract the nt5 executable into the cd root directory to orderly overwrite the files with their modified versions
afterwards execute the setup by using either winnt.exe or winnt32.exe in the i386 folder.
the shown errors occur if your cd does not match. this causes the setup to encounter issues while veryfying the file integrity of the mentioned dlls.

Thanks a lot!You are really helpful to me!!

_________________
Good dreams in NT5.0,nightmares in NT4.0 Terminal Server!


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Probiems in installing NT5.0 EUR Edition        Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:52 pm 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:27 am

Posts
55

Location
Vienna (AUT)

Favourite OS
WfW 3.11
I hope it works for you, glad to see results in form of a few screenshots :)

_________________
Image


Top  Profile  WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

All views expressed in these forums are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of the BetaArchive site owner.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Copyright © 2006-2019

 

Sitemap | XML | RSS