BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 3d, 6h, 47m | CPU: 31% | MEM: 4612MB of 10563MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Annoying message on NT 5.0 Build 1902        Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:06 am 

Hello.

Recently I installed a build of 2000 - build 1902, Beta 2.

But, every start there is an annoying message:

Code:
Your attempt to access a file on the network failed. Would you like to do:

Share name could not be determined

1. Work Offline and use offline version of the file

and an uncheckable string which I don't remember.

How do I get rid of that message?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Annoying message on NT 5.0 Build 1902        Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:03 pm 
FTP Access

Happened to me too in build 1877. I think it was impossible to get rid of it? Like, were there any buttons you could click on that message? And even if you clicked them, the message still appeared at every reboot? Btw maybe you can see if you can disable the message by modifying some network-related settings? Or is it about offline files? I really don't know, but I think that thing can be disabled if you touch the right settings.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Annoying message on NT 5.0 Build 1902        Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:59 am 

Valerio wrote:
Happened to me too in build 1877. I think it was impossible to get rid of it? Like, were there any buttons you could click on that message? And even if you clicked them, the message still appeared at every reboot? Btw maybe you can see if you can disable the message by modifying some network-related settings? Or is it about offline files? I really don't know, but I think that thing can be disabled if you touch the right settings.

I can get rid of this message by clicking "OK", but it's still happening on every reboot. I tried to cut the connection/disable Network Share, but I was unable to find the correct menu. Probably because this build is in the middle of NT 4.0 and 2000.

Top  Profile