BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 18d, 4h, 38m | CPU: 16% | MEM: 5422MB of 11648MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Windows 2000 Pro Greek How to create bootable iso        Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:01 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
6001 SP0
Good afternoon I have this https://www.betaarchive.com/database/vi ... 5a119b937c Misc) Compilations/PC/Microsoft MSDN (Green)/2001-01 - 0093.0 - Windows ME, Windows 2000 Professional [Greek]
windows 2000 professional image together with windows me built-in but I have no idea how to make it bootable to install windows 2000 professional? Does anyone know or what procedure I follow to be two bootable and ask me in the original image which of the two I want to install?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 2000 Pro Greek How to create bootable iso        Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:19 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+make+a+bootable+cd+from+iso

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 2000 Pro Greek How to create bootable iso        Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:31 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
6001 SP0
windowsio wrote:

I looked but I didn't find any information on how to do it. I suspect I need to put the two windows info archives as an add-on boot image information but I didn't find out who they are and what the correct archives are.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 2000 Pro Greek How to create bootable iso        Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:21 pm 

The iso should already be bootable, have you tried burning it to a cd?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 2000 Pro Greek How to create bootable iso        Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:33 pm 

You can use winnt.exe from DOS or any 9x bootdisk to create the boot diskettes. You can still install them without DOS partition - just take WINNT.SIF out of Disk 2 and change MsDosInitiated to 0.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 2000 Pro Greek How to create bootable iso        Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:40 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
6001 SP0
MrBurgerKing wrote:

This iso is not bootable.
I run it on VirtualBox and it doesn't recognize it.

Files And Folders (iso):

Run on vbox:

FATAL: No bootable medium Found! System halted.

I passed windows to my virtualbox via ms-dos and known commands and recognized them after first passing ms-dos 6.0 bootable I wrote fdisk.exe 1 1 restarted then I wrote r:\winme\setup.exe
The 2000's don't do that.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 2000 Pro Greek How to create bootable iso        Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:15 pm 
FTP Access

I might have an idea, not sure if it's going to work, but here's what I've thought: get a Windows 98 or Windows Me boot disk image. Open that .iso file with UltraISO or something similar. I use UltraISO, what I do there is clicking on the option "Load Boot File..." and select the boot disk image. You then save the new .iso file, boot it in a virtual machine, run fdisk, create the primary partition, reboot, format it, and then run winnt.exe from the i386 folder of Windows 2000. Probably there are better method than these out there, but that's the first thing that came on my mind.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 2000 Pro Greek How to create bootable iso        Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:46 pm 
Administrator

Just get a proper Windows 2000 ISO and replace the contents of the folders with the stuff in the \Pro folder. As simple as that.

Listings: BetaArchive Database (beta)
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 2000 Pro Greek How to create bootable iso        Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:03 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
6001 SP0
Valerio wrote:
I might have an idea, not sure if it's going to work, but here's what I've thought: get a Windows 98 or Windows Me boot disk image. Open that .iso file with UltraISO or something similar. I use UltraISO, what I do there is clicking on the option "Load Boot File..." and select the boot disk image. You then save the new .iso file, boot it in a virtual machine, run fdisk, create the primary partition, reboot, format it, and then run winnt.exe from the i386 folder of Windows 2000. Probably there are better method than these out there, but that's the first thing that came on my mind.

Thank you very much my friend was working with this guy to be good. With the classic old mod.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 2000 Pro Greek How to create bootable iso        Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:04 am 

Favourite OS
Probably 95 or XP
Or you could get a 2K or maybe NT 4 iso and take the boot file off of that and put it on your non bootable iso?

mrpijey wrote:
Or someone slipped on a banana peel, fell backwards and accidently hit both the betaarchive.com and "DDoS Express" buttons at the same time.
[/color]

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 2000 Pro Greek How to create bootable iso        Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:30 am 
Donator

trenoparathyra95 wrote:
MrBurgerKing wrote:

This iso is not bootable.
I run it on VirtualBox and it doesn't recognize it.

Files And Folders (iso):

You need to use the 4 floppy disk images in the BOOTDISK folder to bootstrap the 1st phase setup. (I am surprised that you haven't noticed them.)

Top  Profile