Windows 2000 Pro Greek How to create bootable iso

Discuss Windows 2000, NT, XP and Windows Server 2000, 2003, SBS 2003.
trenoparathyra95
FTP Access

Windows 2000 Pro Greek How to create bootable iso

Post by trenoparathyra95 »

Good afternoon I have this https://www.betaarchive.com/database/vi ... 5a119b937c Misc) Compilations/PC/Microsoft MSDN (Green)/2001-01 - 0093.0 - Windows ME, Windows 2000 Professional [Greek]
windows 2000 professional image together with windows me built-in but I have no idea how to make it bootable to install windows 2000 professional? Does anyone know or what procedure I follow to be two bootable and ask me in the original image which of the two I want to install?

windowsio
Donator

Re: Windows 2000 Pro Greek How to create bootable iso

Post by windowsio »

I hope all of my submissions will be helpful.
Daddy, what is dumping?

trenoparathyra95
FTP Access

I looked but I didn't find any information on how to do it. I suspect I need to put the two windows info archives as an add-on boot image information but I didn't find out who they are and what the correct archives are.

MrBurgerKing

Post by MrBurgerKing »

The iso should already be bootable, have you tried burning it to a cd?

vlad557776

Post by vlad557776 »

You can use winnt.exe from DOS or any 9x bootdisk to create the boot diskettes. You can still install them without DOS partition - just take WINNT.SIF out of Disk 2 and change MsDosInitiated to 0.
The developer of Win1 Packet - https://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewt ... 59&t=40233
The developer of IM1024 INSTALL.BAT Patch: https://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewt ... 59&t=40317

trenoparathyra95
FTP Access

MrBurgerKing wrote:The iso should already be bootable, have you tried burning it to a cd?
This iso is not bootable.
I run it on VirtualBox and it doesn't recognize it.

Files And Folders (iso):

Run on vbox:

FATAL: No bootable medium Found! System halted.

I passed windows to my virtualbox via ms-dos and known commands and recognized them after first passing ms-dos 6.0 bootable I wrote fdisk.exe 1 1 restarted then I wrote r:\winme\setup.exe
The 2000's don't do that.

Valerio
FTP Access

Post by Valerio »

I might have an idea, not sure if it's going to work, but here's what I've thought: get a Windows 98 or Windows Me boot disk image. Open that .iso file with UltraISO or something similar. I use UltraISO, what I do there is clicking on the option "Load Boot File..." and select the boot disk image. You then save the new .iso file, boot it in a virtual machine, run fdisk, create the primary partition, reboot, format it, and then run winnt.exe from the i386 folder of Windows 2000. Probably there are better method than these out there, but that's the first thing that came on my mind.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Just get a proper Windows 2000 ISO and replace the contents of the folders with the stuff in the \Pro folder. As simple as that.
Official guidelines: The Definitive Guide to BetaArchive :: Abandonware
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

trenoparathyra95
FTP Access

Valerio wrote:I might have an idea, not sure if it's going to work, but here's what I've thought: get a Windows 98 or Windows Me boot disk image. Open that .iso file with UltraISO or something similar. I use UltraISO, what I do there is clicking on the option "Load Boot File..." and select the boot disk image. You then save the new .iso file, boot it in a virtual machine, run fdisk, create the primary partition, reboot, format it, and then run winnt.exe from the i386 folder of Windows 2000. Probably there are better method than these out there, but that's the first thing that came on my mind.
Thank you very much my friend was working with this guy to be good. With the classic old mod.

DVINTHEHOUSEMAN

Post by DVINTHEHOUSEMAN »

Or you could get a 2K or maybe NT 4 iso and take the boot file off of that and put it on your non bootable iso?
DV
Go check me out on YouTube!

Aaaaaa nuuu cheeki breeki i v damke!
mrpijey wrote:Or someone slipped on a banana peel, fell backwards and accidently hit both the betaarchive.com and "DDoS Express" buttons at the same time.

AlphaBeta
Donator

Post by AlphaBeta »

trenoparathyra95 wrote:
MrBurgerKing wrote:The iso should already be bootable, have you tried burning it to a cd?
This iso is not bootable.
I run it on VirtualBox and it doesn't recognize it.

Files And Folders (iso):

You need to use the 4 floppy disk images in the BOOTDISK folder to bootstrap the 1st phase setup. (I am surprised that you haven't noticed them.)
AlphaBeta, stop brainwashing me immediately!