4-socket version of XP Pro?

Discuss Windows 2000, NT, XP and Windows Server 2000, 2003, SBS 2003.
win32

4-socket version of XP Pro?

Post by win32 »

On another forum I saw a thread about the licence exchange offer from XP Pro x86 to XP Pro x64. In the thread I stumbled upon this description:
Microsoft® Windows® x64 Edition Technology Advancement Program

The Technology Advancement Program is designed to assist customers who have acquired a new x64 Computer with the intention of replacing a previously licensed 32-bit version of Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional (1-2 Processor Version) Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional (1-4 Processor Version and Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional Reduced Media Edition (1-2 Processor Version) (“Windows XP Pro (32 Bit)”) with Windows XP Professional x64 Edition on such system. This program allows customers to exchange a license for Windows XP Pro (32 Bit)for the new version of Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.
Unfortunately I can't find this statement on the archives of MS' website and this KB (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... -x64-editi) says only a 2 socket version exists.

Does anyone know anything about a 4-socket version?
What is the name of the application software guaranteed to make your computer faster?

Quicken.

MrBurgerKing

Re: 4-socket version of XP Pro?

Post by MrBurgerKing »

The only mention of it anywhere on the internet is quotes of that dead faq. All MS product material lists a 1-2 socket version, but not 1-4. Either it was a typeo and doesn't exist, or it was limited to obscure OEM systems.