BetaArchive
https://www.betaarchive.com/forum/

Windows XP Build 2562 [Polish] screenshot
https://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=4028
Page 1 of 2

Author:  gracz54 [ Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Windows XP Build 2562 [Polish] screenshot

Just got this from a friend. What do you think? He was kind enough to register the Windows in my name so I can show you guys the screenshot :P

Image

Author:  Namronia [ Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Windows XP Build 2562 [Polish] screenshot

gracz54 wrote:
Just got this from a friend. What do you think? He was kind enough to register the Windows in my name so I can show you guys the screenshot :P

Image


Could you upload somewhere, looks intresting, afaik last build before it went rtm

Author:  gracz54 [ Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:00 pm ]
Post subject: 

It's not mine, it's my friends, he just registered it on me. He doesn't want to share it :(

Author:  betamaster [ Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:17 pm ]
Post subject: 

gracz54 wrote:
It's not mine, it's my friends, he just registered it on me. He doesn't want to share it :(
Why :?: You have his E-mail :?:

Author:  Daniel [ Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:40 pm ]
Post subject: 

Correct me if Im wrong, but build 2545 was the RTM build, the just renamed it to build 2600, wasnt it?

Author:  betamaster [ Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:44 pm ]
Post subject: 

D.Konieczny wrote:
Correct me if Im wrong, but build 2545 was the RTM build, the just renamed it to build 2600, wasnt it?
But this is 2562 build, maybe this is renamed, we must check this out...

Author:  gracz54 [ Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:57 pm ]
Post subject: 

He said he won't share it with anyone :(

Author:  betamaster [ Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:04 pm ]
Post subject: 

gracz54 wrote:
He said he won't share it with anyone :(
He is from Polish Microsoft in Warsaw :?:

Author:  gracz54 [ Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:12 pm ]
Post subject: 

betamaster wrote:
gracz54 wrote:
He said he won't share it with anyone :(
He is from Polish Microsoft in Warsaw :?:

Yeah, he said he had a friend there a few years ago. I wouldn't be surprised that he managed to get a hold of a copy of this.

Author:  betamaster [ Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:15 pm ]
Post subject: 

gracz54 wrote:
betamaster wrote:
gracz54 wrote:
He said he won't share it with anyone :(
He is from Polish Microsoft in Warsaw :?:

Yeah, he said he had a friend there a few years ago. I wouldn't be surprised that he managed to get a hold of a copy of this.
Can you give e-mail to him just for me :?:

Author:  gracz54 [ Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:16 pm ]
Post subject: 

betamaster wrote:
Can you give e-mail to him just for me :?:

Nah, he said that he doesn't want to talk about it, share, exchange etc.

Author:  betamaster [ Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:17 pm ]
Post subject: 

gracz54 wrote:
betamaster wrote:
Can you give e-mail to him just for me :?:

Nah, he said that he doesn't want to talk about it, share, exchange etc.
Why he give screenshot :?: Maybe he can give more screenshots :?: Ask him ok :?:

Author:  Daniel [ Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:29 pm ]
Post subject: 

Hmmmm I dont believe that this screenshot is real.

Here is a quote from Paul Thurrots Winsupersite:
Quote:
Build 2542 was the last build that testers would receive. On Monday, August 20, build 2545 was forked to build 2600, and the company began hammering away at this final build for RTM, alerting the press about its progress and explaining the remainder of the schedule. And on Friday, August 24, 2001, build 2600 was declared as RTM as promised, and handed off to PC makers at a media event held on the Microsoft campus.



The buildtag of build 2542 is: xpclient.010811-1534

How is it possible that build 2562 (buildtag: xpclient.010806-1527) was 5 days earlier than build 2542 compiled?

Author:  gracz54 [ Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:31 pm ]
Post subject: 

Maybe 2 branches? I don't know.

It can also be possible that my friend is playing a joke on me, but I can't prove that in any way until I'll get him to give me an ISO of the CD.

Author:  betamaster [ Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:31 pm ]
Post subject: 

D.Konieczny wrote:
Hmmmm I dont believe that this screenshot is real.

Here is a quote from Paul Thurrots Winsupersite:
Quote:
Build 2542 was the last build that testers would receive. On Monday, August 20, build 2545 was forked to build 2600, and the company began hammering away at this final build for RTM, alerting the press about its progress and explaining the remainder of the schedule. And on Friday, August 24, 2001, build 2600 was declared as RTM as promised, and handed off to PC makers at a media event held on the Microsoft campus.



The buildtag of build 2542 is: xpclient.010811-1534

How is it possible that build 2562 (buildtag: xpclient.010806-1527) was 5 days earlier than build 2542 compiled?
Because this is Polish, not German or English.

Author:  Daniel [ Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:34 pm ]
Post subject: 

gracz54 wrote:
Maybe 2 branches? I don't know.

It can also be possible that my friend is playing a joke on me, but I can't prove that in any way until I'll get him to give me an ISO of the CD.


Umm, I have never seen a non-english Windows XP/Whistler build before RTM. So its quite incredibly. Also there are several sources who are saying that 2542 was the last build before 2545 was forked to 2600...

Author:  gracz54 [ Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:58 pm ]
Post subject: 

D.Konieczny wrote:
Umm, I have never seen a non-english Windows XP/Whistler build before RTM. So its quite incredibly.

There was a Polish Vista Beta 2.

Author:  Daniel [ Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:29 pm ]
Post subject: 

gracz54 wrote:
D.Konieczny wrote:
Umm, I have never seen a non-english Windows XP/Whistler build before RTM. So its quite incredibly.

There was a Polish Vista Beta 2.


Yes. But you cannot compare Vista with XP ;) For vista there are also language packs, for XP not...

Author:  XDude [ Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:46 pm ]
Post subject: 

unlike vista, there wasn't a million branches/labs for xp
it is not possbile to be 20 builds ahead of another lab in 5 days to rtm, plus xpclient is the main lab renamed for a rtm release, so its the same lab
the screenshot could possiblily be fake

Author:  Dion [ Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:09 pm ]
Post subject: 

Whistler 3541 main was compiled August 10th whilst IDX was compiled August 30th,
same build, different lab, 20 days apart.
Whilst certain betas finish off at one build in the English language, they'll quite
often carry on in build numbers in other languages.
I'm not defending the above as a valid build, just that it's possible.

Author:  betamaster [ Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:24 pm ]
Post subject: 

Dion wrote:
Whistler 3541 main was compiled August 10th whilst IDX was compiled August 30th,
same build, different lab, 20 days apart.
Whilst certain betas finish off at one build in the English language, they'll quite
often carry on in build numbers in other languages.
I'm not defending the above as a valid build, just that it's possible.
I think i must get e-mail to this person from Microsoft Poland...

Author:  gracz54 [ Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:29 pm ]
Post subject: 

It was proven to be fake, sorry.

Author:  betamaster [ Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:02 pm ]
Post subject: 

gracz54 wrote:
It was proven to be fake, sorry.
:(, i don`t like joke like this :(

Author:  XDude [ Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:32 pm ]
Post subject: 

Dion wrote:
Whistler 3541 main was compiled August 10th whilst IDX was compiled August 30th,
same build, different lab, 20 days apart.
Whilst certain betas finish off at one build in the English language, they'll quite
often carry on in build numbers in other languages.
I'm not defending the above as a valid build, just that it's possible.

3541 and 2541 is not the same build, just to let you know

Author:  Dion [ Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:05 am ]
Post subject: 

XDude wrote:
Dion wrote:
Whistler 3541 main was compiled August 10th whilst IDX was compiled August 30th,
same build, different lab, 20 days apart.
Whilst certain betas finish off at one build in the English language, they'll quite
often carry on in build numbers in other languages.
I'm not defending the above as a valid build, just that it's possible.

3541 and 2541 is not the same build, just to let you know

wha?, where did 2541 come into it, I gave an example of a whistler build compiled around
the same time as the final desktop version.
The abovementioned build wasn't 2541, in fact, you're the only person to mention 2541. :?

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/