BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 0d, 22h, 8m | CPU: 19% | MEM: 4140MB of 10231MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 PostPost subject: Windows XP Build 2562 [Polish] screenshot        Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:51 pm 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:44 am

Posts
216

Location
Poland
Just got this from a friend. What do you think? He was kind enough to register the Windows in my name so I can show you guys the screenshot :P

Image


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows XP Build 2562 [Polish] screenshot        Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:53 pm 
Reply with quote
gracz54 wrote:
Just got this from a friend. What do you think? He was kind enough to register the Windows in my name so I can show you guys the screenshot :P

Image


Could you upload somewhere, looks intresting, afaik last build before it went rtm


Top
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:00 pm 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:44 am

Posts
216

Location
Poland
It's not mine, it's my friends, he just registered it on me. He doesn't want to share it :(


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:17 pm 
Reply with quote
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:07 pm

Posts
422
gracz54 wrote:
It's not mine, it's my friends, he just registered it on me. He doesn't want to share it :(
Why :?: You have his E-mail :?:

_________________
I don`t know what i am looking :P
Image


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:40 pm 
Reply with quote
Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:11 pm

Posts
2607

Location
Germany, Earth

Favourite OS
Windows 10
Correct me if Im wrong, but build 2545 was the RTM build, the just renamed it to build 2600, wasnt it?

_________________
MS vNext: Windows 10 ESD Database - Windows 10 Build Labs - Windows 10 Update Archive - Office 2016 Version Tracker - Office Downloader


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:44 pm 
Reply with quote
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:07 pm

Posts
422
D.Konieczny wrote:
Correct me if Im wrong, but build 2545 was the RTM build, the just renamed it to build 2600, wasnt it?
But this is 2562 build, maybe this is renamed, we must check this out...

_________________
I don`t know what i am looking :P
Image


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:57 pm 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:44 am

Posts
216

Location
Poland
He said he won't share it with anyone :(


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:04 pm 
Reply with quote
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:07 pm

Posts
422
gracz54 wrote:
He said he won't share it with anyone :(
He is from Polish Microsoft in Warsaw :?:

_________________
I don`t know what i am looking :P
Image


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:12 pm 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:44 am

Posts
216

Location
Poland
betamaster wrote:
gracz54 wrote:
He said he won't share it with anyone :(
He is from Polish Microsoft in Warsaw :?:

Yeah, he said he had a friend there a few years ago. I wouldn't be surprised that he managed to get a hold of a copy of this.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:15 pm 
Reply with quote
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:07 pm

Posts
422
gracz54 wrote:
betamaster wrote:
gracz54 wrote:
He said he won't share it with anyone :(
He is from Polish Microsoft in Warsaw :?:

Yeah, he said he had a friend there a few years ago. I wouldn't be surprised that he managed to get a hold of a copy of this.
Can you give e-mail to him just for me :?:

_________________
I don`t know what i am looking :P
Image


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:16 pm 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:44 am

Posts
216

Location
Poland
betamaster wrote:
Can you give e-mail to him just for me :?:

Nah, he said that he doesn't want to talk about it, share, exchange etc.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:17 pm 
Reply with quote
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:07 pm

Posts
422
gracz54 wrote:
betamaster wrote:
Can you give e-mail to him just for me :?:

Nah, he said that he doesn't want to talk about it, share, exchange etc.
Why he give screenshot :?: Maybe he can give more screenshots :?: Ask him ok :?:

_________________
I don`t know what i am looking :P
Image


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:29 pm 
Reply with quote
Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:11 pm

Posts
2607

Location
Germany, Earth

Favourite OS
Windows 10
Hmmmm I dont believe that this screenshot is real.

Here is a quote from Paul Thurrots Winsupersite:
Quote:
Build 2542 was the last build that testers would receive. On Monday, August 20, build 2545 was forked to build 2600, and the company began hammering away at this final build for RTM, alerting the press about its progress and explaining the remainder of the schedule. And on Friday, August 24, 2001, build 2600 was declared as RTM as promised, and handed off to PC makers at a media event held on the Microsoft campus.



The buildtag of build 2542 is: xpclient.010811-1534

How is it possible that build 2562 (buildtag: xpclient.010806-1527) was 5 days earlier than build 2542 compiled?

_________________
MS vNext: Windows 10 ESD Database - Windows 10 Build Labs - Windows 10 Update Archive - Office 2016 Version Tracker - Office Downloader


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:31 pm 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:44 am

Posts
216

Location
Poland
Maybe 2 branches? I don't know.

It can also be possible that my friend is playing a joke on me, but I can't prove that in any way until I'll get him to give me an ISO of the CD.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:31 pm 
Reply with quote
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:07 pm

Posts
422
D.Konieczny wrote:
Hmmmm I dont believe that this screenshot is real.

Here is a quote from Paul Thurrots Winsupersite:
Quote:
Build 2542 was the last build that testers would receive. On Monday, August 20, build 2545 was forked to build 2600, and the company began hammering away at this final build for RTM, alerting the press about its progress and explaining the remainder of the schedule. And on Friday, August 24, 2001, build 2600 was declared as RTM as promised, and handed off to PC makers at a media event held on the Microsoft campus.



The buildtag of build 2542 is: xpclient.010811-1534

How is it possible that build 2562 (buildtag: xpclient.010806-1527) was 5 days earlier than build 2542 compiled?
Because this is Polish, not German or English.

_________________
I don`t know what i am looking :P
Image


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:34 pm 
Reply with quote
Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:11 pm

Posts
2607

Location
Germany, Earth

Favourite OS
Windows 10
gracz54 wrote:
Maybe 2 branches? I don't know.

It can also be possible that my friend is playing a joke on me, but I can't prove that in any way until I'll get him to give me an ISO of the CD.


Umm, I have never seen a non-english Windows XP/Whistler build before RTM. So its quite incredibly. Also there are several sources who are saying that 2542 was the last build before 2545 was forked to 2600...

_________________
MS vNext: Windows 10 ESD Database - Windows 10 Build Labs - Windows 10 Update Archive - Office 2016 Version Tracker - Office Downloader


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:58 pm 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:44 am

Posts
216

Location
Poland
D.Konieczny wrote:
Umm, I have never seen a non-english Windows XP/Whistler build before RTM. So its quite incredibly.

There was a Polish Vista Beta 2.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:29 pm 
Reply with quote
Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:11 pm

Posts
2607

Location
Germany, Earth

Favourite OS
Windows 10
gracz54 wrote:
D.Konieczny wrote:
Umm, I have never seen a non-english Windows XP/Whistler build before RTM. So its quite incredibly.

There was a Polish Vista Beta 2.


Yes. But you cannot compare Vista with XP ;) For vista there are also language packs, for XP not...

_________________
MS vNext: Windows 10 ESD Database - Windows 10 Build Labs - Windows 10 Update Archive - Office 2016 Version Tracker - Office Downloader


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:46 pm 
Reply with quote
Donator
Offline

Joined
Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:40 am

Posts
1513
unlike vista, there wasn't a million branches/labs for xp
it is not possbile to be 20 builds ahead of another lab in 5 days to rtm, plus xpclient is the main lab renamed for a rtm release, so its the same lab
the screenshot could possiblily be fake


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:09 pm 
Reply with quote
Whistler 3541 main was compiled August 10th whilst IDX was compiled August 30th,
same build, different lab, 20 days apart.
Whilst certain betas finish off at one build in the English language, they'll quite
often carry on in build numbers in other languages.
I'm not defending the above as a valid build, just that it's possible.


Top
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:24 pm 
Reply with quote
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:07 pm

Posts
422
Dion wrote:
Whistler 3541 main was compiled August 10th whilst IDX was compiled August 30th,
same build, different lab, 20 days apart.
Whilst certain betas finish off at one build in the English language, they'll quite
often carry on in build numbers in other languages.
I'm not defending the above as a valid build, just that it's possible.
I think i must get e-mail to this person from Microsoft Poland...

_________________
I don`t know what i am looking :P
Image


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:29 pm 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:44 am

Posts
216

Location
Poland
It was proven to be fake, sorry.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:02 pm 
Reply with quote
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:07 pm

Posts
422
gracz54 wrote:
It was proven to be fake, sorry.
:(, i don`t like joke like this :(

_________________
I don`t know what i am looking :P
Image


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:32 pm 
Reply with quote
Donator
Offline

Joined
Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:40 am

Posts
1513
Dion wrote:
Whistler 3541 main was compiled August 10th whilst IDX was compiled August 30th,
same build, different lab, 20 days apart.
Whilst certain betas finish off at one build in the English language, they'll quite
often carry on in build numbers in other languages.
I'm not defending the above as a valid build, just that it's possible.

3541 and 2541 is not the same build, just to let you know


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:05 am 
Reply with quote
XDude wrote:
Dion wrote:
Whistler 3541 main was compiled August 10th whilst IDX was compiled August 30th,
same build, different lab, 20 days apart.
Whilst certain betas finish off at one build in the English language, they'll quite
often carry on in build numbers in other languages.
I'm not defending the above as a valid build, just that it's possible.

3541 and 2541 is not the same build, just to let you know

wha?, where did 2541 come into it, I gave an example of a whistler build compiled around
the same time as the final desktop version.
The abovementioned build wasn't 2541, in fact, you're the only person to mention 2541. :?


Top
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

All views expressed in these forums are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of the BetaArchive site owner.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Copyright © 2006-2018

 

Sitemap | XML | RSS