BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 18d, 5h, 49m | CPU: 15% | MEM: 5503MB of 11648MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Re: Where is Windows 2000 still being used?        Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:19 am 
Donator

JonathonWyble wrote:
MCpillager12 wrote:
I hate double posting, cant seem to find the edit button :x

The edit button is on the top right of your posts, between the "quote" and "delete" buttons. You'll see it there.

It disappears after 30 days.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Where is Windows 2000 still being used?        Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:45 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows Longhorn Build 4074
I remember around 8 years ago going to the MOST museum for like a field trip and they had this computer for people to go on that had like an interactive full screen program about the solar system or something along those lines. When I hit Ctrl Alt Del on the thing, it popped up a window like it usually does where it said the operating system it was on was Windows 2000 Professional.
This was the only time I have ever seen this operating system in use ever, and I don't think there's anywhere else, or at least around where I am that uses it. I doubt the machine is still there anymore, haven't been to the place since.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Where is Windows 2000 still being used?        Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:39 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
All Windows versions
AlphaBeta wrote:
JonathonWyble wrote:
MCpillager12 wrote:
I hate double posting, cant seem to find the edit button :x

The edit button is on the top right of your posts, between the "quote" and "delete" buttons. You'll see it there.

It disappears after 30 days.

Oh, yeah that makes sense. I just found that out, as I couldn't see the edit button on some of my older posts either...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Where is Windows 2000 still being used?        Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:53 pm 

Favourite OS
Win95OSR2.1, Win8.x, OS X 10.6.8
As I said on this thread, Spain's Renfe national railway service still has old ticket machines with Windows 2000 Professional.
Here is a picture of one that somebody posted on Reddit two months ago.

They are replacing them with newer ones that I think they use Windows Embedded POS Ready 2009.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Where is Windows 2000 still being used?        Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:57 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows NT 5.0 EUR Edition
There's still someone who is a crazy Win2k fan or old computers using Win2k,I'm NOT KIDDING!!!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Where is Windows 2000 still being used?        Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:13 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows 95 and 98
I will use the Datacenter version with my home server. Maybe Server version for my Quake 3 server ocassionally if I don't choose NT4 over it.

Vova23 wrote:
MCpillager12 wrote:
YueLing11 wrote:
Offtopic Comment
Upgrade your RAM and get a SSD, you will get super fast boot!

4gb is maximum ram, which is barely enogh for win10 to run properly. Also, i have better things to do than buying an ssd.

Windows 10 can work perfect in 1GB RAM

Oh, and I've run 8.1 with Office 2013 with a 512 mb ram laptop with integrated graphics from 2006. It works :P

Designed for Microsoft Windows 98®

Top  Profile