BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 13d, 16h, 2m | CPU: 19% | MEM: 5241MB of 11529MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: VMWare Tools Whisler        Posted: Mon May 20, 2019 5:43 pm 
FTP Access

Someone knows when I will stop to create topic to ask for help with VMWare tools ?

Hello.

I'm testing Whistler Build 2257 and when I try to install VMware Tools, it says Windows wasn't able to process the application binding information.

I looked in many place (including this).

I changed also the compability mode in the vmx file to 5.

So what's the right method to install VMWare Tools in Build 2257 ?

TheCharizard31

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: VMWare Tools Whisler        Posted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:19 pm 

Favourite OS
Probably 95 or XP
Try installing it on real hardware.

mrpijey wrote:
Or someone slipped on a banana peel, fell backwards and accidently hit both the betaarchive.com and "DDoS Express" buttons at the same time.
[/color]

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: VMWare Tools Whisler        Posted: Tue May 21, 2019 1:09 am 

Favourite OS
Windows Vista
DVINTHEHOUSEMAN wrote:
Try installing it on real hardware.

Not everybody has a machine from that era.
OP, you don't have to use VMWare Tools, but the video and audio driver packs on thecollectionbook.info are useful, since you can install them via device manager.

#8032forbrian came true

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: VMWare Tools Whisler        Posted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:13 pm 
FTP Access

It's the device called "TCB VMware Graphics Card Drivers Pack" ?
If yes, still not works, I get a -10 (Device cannot start) when installs.

So ?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: VMWare Tools Whisler        Posted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:30 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
WfW 3.11
VMware and VirtualBox are both not compatible with Windows Betas prior to XP RTM, try PCem in P2-300 Emulation Mode instead.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: VMWare Tools Whisler        Posted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:32 pm 

Favourite OS
Probably 95 or XP
VMware works fine with 2542

mrpijey wrote:
Or someone slipped on a banana peel, fell backwards and accidently hit both the betaarchive.com and "DDoS Express" buttons at the same time.
[/color]

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: VMWare Tools Whisler        Posted: Mon May 27, 2019 3:40 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows Longhorn 6.0.4093
xyz wrote:
VMware and VirtualBox are both not compatible with Windows Betas prior to XP RTM, try PCem in P2-300 Emulation Mode instead.

That's an assumption, not a fact. It's true that betas on modern VMware & VBox don't work as good as in PCem, 86Box, VPC, just to name a few. But is false to say that they simply plain don't work. They are more difficult to install, yes, but not impossible.

Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: VMWare Tools Whisler        Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:14 am 
FTP Access

xyz wrote:
VirtualBox are both not compatible with Windows Betas prior to XP RTM

Actually, that's incorrect. Around six years ago, I remembered messing with Whistler build 2462 on VirtualBox and, if my memory isn't failing me, even got VirtualBox Guest Additions to work. And keep in mind that this was in the era of VirtualBox 4.2.x where things were(n't) simpler back then when it came to beta virtualization in general...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: VMWare Tools Whisler        Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:10 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Why not try to extract the drivers you need and install them one by one?Vmware Tools seems to be unfriendly with most windows beta but the drivers are not.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: VMWare Tools Whisler        Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:44 am 

Favourite OS
Trying to install Windows 2000 and install VMware tools first, than update to Whisler.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: VMWare Tools Whisler        Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:51 pm 

Just installed some build of Whistler and it gave me the same error. Fixed that by installing not the VMware Tools, but only the videodrivers from TCB VMware Drivers pack. I just went to Device Manager, found Video controller (VGA-compatible), clicked Reinstall driver and pointed the driver search path to D: with TCB VMware Drivers ISO in. It found VMware SVGA driver, the screen flickered for a few seconds - and, boom, I have 32-bit color. Then I went to Display Settings and changed the screen resolution.

Top  Profile