BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 15d, 15h, 2m | CPU: 12% | MEM: 5408MB of 11630MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Off the wall question about xp internet games        Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:29 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP & Windows 7
Is there anyway to have the internet games that come with xp play as standalone non internet? as they dont work anymore and i was wanting the spades game for single player againt the computer.the game automaticly loads a computer dummy person when someone leaves the game so i thought one could fool it to think there is no one else playing.
i could furnish the msn games folder from xp if someone could look at them,thanks in advance

ImageImageImageImageImage

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Off the wall question about xp internet games        Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:30 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Longhorn 4008
I was thinking this same thing not to long ago. It would be nice to port these over and be able to make it where it just uses AI's to play against. I wonder when they turned the servers off to play against other real time online players?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Off the wall question about xp internet games        Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:57 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 1 DR5 to 10 build 9901
It might have been like four years ago, not far from XP's EOL. Then again, this is an educational guess.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Off the wall question about xp internet games        Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:06 pm 

Favourite OS
Probably 95 or XP
Internet games worked last time I used XP. I’ll try to use them tonight

mrpijey wrote:
Or someone slipped on a banana peel, fell backwards and accidently hit both the betaarchive.com and "DDoS Express" buttons at the same time.
[/color]

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Off the wall question about xp internet games        Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:36 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP & Windows 7
Sim31 wrote:
I was thinking this same thing not to long ago. It would be nice to port these over and be able to make it where it just uses AI's to play against. I wonder when they turned the servers off to play against other real time online players?

I also have the folder with the spades game that was free when i had windows 8 loaded up.its pretty much a flash type game that uses internet browser to load.if one could make it a standalone windowed version that would be great also.im not to smart on porting or coding but i could get someone the folder with the game so they could maybe figure it out.im not to big on full screen games,would rather they be like the windows vista/7 games.here is a pic of it/

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Off the wall question about xp internet games        Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 7:02 am 

Favourite OS
Probably 95 or XP
They killed it.

mrpijey wrote:
Or someone slipped on a banana peel, fell backwards and accidently hit both the betaarchive.com and "DDoS Express" buttons at the same time.
[/color]

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Off the wall question about xp internet games        Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 5:07 pm 

yep :(
Hopefully we'll figure out a way to spoof MSN servers

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Off the wall question about xp internet games        Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 6:19 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP & Windows 7
MrBurgerKing wrote:
yep :(
Hopefully we'll figure out a way to spoof MSN servers

would rather have them as standalones against computer opponents.if one could just tell it to play without the net server

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Off the wall question about xp internet games        Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 9:23 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP & Windows 7
alpha.burton wrote:
Sim31 wrote:

I also have the folder with the spades game that was free when i had windows 8 loaded up.its pretty much a flash type game that uses internet browser to load.if one could make it a standalone windowed version that would be great also.im not to smart on porting or coding but i could get someone the folder with the game so they could maybe figure it out.im not to big on full screen games,would rather they be like the windows vista/7 games.here is a pic of it/

i got the newer game from the windows 8.1 to work fine using firefox on windows xp. its just a .html that plays the game in the folder. is there anyway to create a exe from this and just have it open in a explorer window like the windows 7 games?

here is some pics of it:

ImageImageImageImageImage

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Off the wall question about xp internet games        Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 9:48 pm 
FTP Access

If you want to create an EXE that opens a web page, it is easy.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Off the wall question about xp internet games        Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 10:39 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP & Windows 7
ComputerHunter wrote:
If you want to create an EXE that opens a web page, it is easy.

id like to be able to make the game a standalone package/folder .exe that opens in a explorer type window and not a browser. is that possible? is there any software for something like that?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Off the wall question about xp internet games        Posted: Thu May 02, 2019 7:35 am 
FTP Access

Yes, it is possible but it will be IE dependent. You can embed an IE window in an EXE, but you must have IE to start with. You can write your own browser that only display the web page with no additional features so it can be 100% portable.

Why don't you just make an EXE that open the URL in the default browser?

Software, it depends. You can use Visual Studio. If you just want to make an EXE that opens a web page, write it in batch and convert it to EXE.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Off the wall question about xp internet games        Posted: Fri May 03, 2019 5:14 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7
I think Windows XP internet games don't work on later versions of Windows. I've tested.

Selected quote:
Caveria wrote:
I found BetaArchive, because I tried to get beta versions of Windows.

1 Year on BetaArchive!

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Off the wall question about xp internet games        Posted: Fri May 03, 2019 8:28 am 

Offtopic Comment
alpha.burton wrote:
id like to be able to make the game a standalone package/folder .exe that opens in a explorer type window and not a browser. is that possible? is there any software for something like that?

There are lots of platforms out there; one well-known example is electronjs

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Off the wall question about xp internet games        Posted: Sat May 04, 2019 3:28 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP & Windows 7
MrBurgerKing wrote:
Offtopic Comment
alpha.burton wrote:

There are lots of platforms out there; one well-known example is electronjs

Like i said in a previous post i know nothing about coding ect.... :$ i was hoping for something simple.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Off the wall question about xp internet games        Posted: Sat May 04, 2019 10:58 pm 

Offtopic Comment
alpha.burton wrote:
Like i said in a previous post i know nothing about coding ect.... :$ i was hoping for something simple.

It's hard to avoid programming, but setting up an electron app isn't super complicated. If you're interested in tech, programming is something you should definitely look into!
If you just want to have the look and feel, try starting web browsers in web app mode.

For Chrome, you can automatically create a shortcut by menu>more tools> add to desktop, or manually create a shortcut with the target set to
Code:
C:\[path-to-chrome]\chrome.exe --app="file://[path-to-document]/[document.html]"

For Firefox, use
Code:
C:\[path-to-firefox]\firefox.exe -chrome "file://[path-to-document]/[document.html]"

You can also add icons & pin them to start or taskbar so they look and feel just like a standalone app.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Off the wall question about xp internet games        Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 1:33 am 
FTP Access

What he wanted is a portable app with the HTML and Javascript contained within it. The game he sent me is a Windows 8 UWP app in HTML and Javascript.

The best way to avoid programming is to use some sort of converter to convert HTML to EXE.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Off the wall question about xp internet games        Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 9:12 am 

Favourite OS
This games are dead? I remember, I played 4 mounth ago

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Off the wall question about xp internet games        Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:30 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows XP & Whistler 2419
The ME/XP Internet games are still working(MS had a downtime for back in April) but not for long, until July 31st it's going down forever... :$

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Off the wall question about xp internet games        Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:06 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP & Windows 7
But Is there anyway to have the internet games that come with xp play as standalone non internet against computer components? as standalone single player maybe?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Off the wall question about xp internet games        Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:51 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows XP & Whistler 2419
alpha.burton wrote:
But Is there anyway to have the internet games that come with xp play as standalone non internet against computer components? as standalone single player maybe?

Sadly, I don't think it's possible. *-)

Top  Profile