Off the wall question about xp internet games

Discuss Windows 2000, NT, XP and Windows Server 2000, 2003, SBS 2003.
alpha.burton
FTP Access

Off the wall question about xp internet games

Post by alpha.burton »

Is there anyway to have the internet games that come with xp play as standalone non internet? as they dont work anymore and i was wanting the spades game for single player againt the computer.the game automaticly loads a computer dummy person when someone leaves the game so i thought one could fool it to think there is no one else playing.
i could furnish the msn games folder from xp if someone could look at them,thanks in advance

ImageImageImageImageImage

Sim31
FTP Access

Re: Off the wall question about xp internet games

Post by Sim31 »

I was thinking this same thing not to long ago. It would be nice to port these over and be able to make it where it just uses AI's to play against. I wonder when they turned the servers off to play against other real time online players?

gtgamer468
FTP Access

Post by gtgamer468 »

It might have been like four years ago, not far from XP's EOL. Then again, this is an educational guess.

DVINTHEHOUSEMAN

Post by DVINTHEHOUSEMAN »

Internet games worked last time I used XP. I’ll try to use them tonight
DV
Go check me out on YouTube!

Aaaaaa nuuu cheeki breeki i v damke!
mrpijey wrote:Or someone slipped on a banana peel, fell backwards and accidently hit both the betaarchive.com and "DDoS Express" buttons at the same time.

alpha.burton
FTP Access

Post by alpha.burton »

Sim31 wrote:I was thinking this same thing not to long ago. It would be nice to port these over and be able to make it where it just uses AI's to play against. I wonder when they turned the servers off to play against other real time online players?
I also have the folder with the spades game that was free when i had windows 8 loaded up.its pretty much a flash type game that uses internet browser to load.if one could make it a standalone windowed version that would be great also.im not to smart on porting or coding but i could get someone the folder with the game so they could maybe figure it out.im not to big on full screen games,would rather they be like the windows vista/7 games.here is a pic of it/

DVINTHEHOUSEMAN

Post by DVINTHEHOUSEMAN »

They killed it.
DV
Go check me out on YouTube!

Aaaaaa nuuu cheeki breeki i v damke!
mrpijey wrote:Or someone slipped on a banana peel, fell backwards and accidently hit both the betaarchive.com and "DDoS Express" buttons at the same time.

MrBurgerKing

Post by MrBurgerKing »

yep :(
Hopefully we'll figure out a way to spoof MSN servers

alpha.burton
FTP Access

Post by alpha.burton »

MrBurgerKing wrote:yep :(
Hopefully we'll figure out a way to spoof MSN servers
would rather have them as standalones against computer opponents.if one could just tell it to play without the net server

alpha.burton
FTP Access

Post by alpha.burton »

alpha.burton wrote:
Sim31 wrote:I was thinking this same thing not to long ago. It would be nice to port these over and be able to make it where it just uses AI's to play against. I wonder when they turned the servers off to play against other real time online players?
I also have the folder with the spades game that was free when i had windows 8 loaded up.its pretty much a flash type game that uses internet browser to load.if one could make it a standalone windowed version that would be great also.im not to smart on porting or coding but i could get someone the folder with the game so they could maybe figure it out.im not to big on full screen games,would rather they be like the windows vista/7 games.here is a pic of it/

i got the newer game from the windows 8.1 to work fine using firefox on windows xp. its just a .html that plays the game in the folder. is there anyway to create a exe from this and just have it open in a explorer window like the windows 7 games?

here is some pics of it:

ImageImageImageImageImage

ComputerHunter
FTP Access

Post by ComputerHunter »

If you want to create an EXE that opens a web page, it is easy.

alpha.burton
FTP Access

Post by alpha.burton »

ComputerHunter wrote:If you want to create an EXE that opens a web page, it is easy.
id like to be able to make the game a standalone package/folder .exe that opens in a explorer type window and not a browser. is that possible? is there any software for something like that?

ComputerHunter
FTP Access

Post by ComputerHunter »

Yes, it is possible but it will be IE dependent. You can embed an IE window in an EXE, but you must have IE to start with. You can write your own browser that only display the web page with no additional features so it can be 100% portable.

Why don't you just make an EXE that open the URL in the default browser?

Software, it depends. You can use Visual Studio. If you just want to make an EXE that opens a web page, write it in batch and convert it to EXE.

Caveria
FTP Access

Post by Caveria »

I think Windows XP internet games don't work on later versions of Windows. I've tested.
Windows 7's end support is on January 14, 2020! It's time upgrade to Windows 10! Windows 8.1 also is supported but not Windows 8!

Selected quote:
Caveria wrote:I found BetaArchive, because I tried to get beta versions of Windows.

1 Year on BetaArchive!

MrBurgerKing

Post by MrBurgerKing »

Offtopic Comment
alpha.burton wrote:id like to be able to make the game a standalone package/folder .exe that opens in a explorer type window and not a browser. is that possible? is there any software for something like that?
There are lots of platforms out there; one well-known example is electronjs

alpha.burton
FTP Access

Post by alpha.burton »

MrBurgerKing wrote:
Offtopic Comment
alpha.burton wrote:id like to be able to make the game a standalone package/folder .exe that opens in a explorer type window and not a browser. is that possible? is there any software for something like that?
There are lots of platforms out there; one well-known example is electronjs
Like i said in a previous post i know nothing about coding ect.... :$ i was hoping for something simple.

MrBurgerKing

Post by MrBurgerKing »

Offtopic Comment
alpha.burton wrote:Like i said in a previous post i know nothing about coding ect.... :$ i was hoping for something simple.
It's hard to avoid programming, but setting up an electron app isn't super complicated. If you're interested in tech, programming is something you should definitely look into!
If you just want to have the look and feel, try starting web browsers in web app mode.

For Chrome, you can automatically create a shortcut by menu>more tools> add to desktop, or manually create a shortcut with the target set to

Code: Select all

C:\[path-to-chrome]\chrome.exe --app="file://[path-to-document]/[document.html]"
For Firefox, use

Code: Select all

C:\[path-to-firefox]\firefox.exe -chrome "file://[path-to-document]/[document.html]"
You can also add icons & pin them to start or taskbar so they look and feel just like a standalone app.

ComputerHunter
FTP Access

Post by ComputerHunter »

What he wanted is a portable app with the HTML and Javascript contained within it. The game he sent me is a Windows 8 UWP app in HTML and Javascript.

The best way to avoid programming is to use some sort of converter to convert HTML to EXE.

Vova23

Post by Vova23 »

This games are dead? I remember, I played 4 mounth ago

Nojus2001

Post by Nojus2001 »

The ME/XP Internet games are still working(MS had a downtime for back in April) but not for long, until July 31st it's going down forever... :$
"With Windows XP, Yes You Can"

alpha.burton
FTP Access

Post by alpha.burton »

But Is there anyway to have the internet games that come with xp play as standalone non internet against computer components? as standalone single player maybe?

Nojus2001

Post by Nojus2001 »

alpha.burton wrote:But Is there anyway to have the internet games that come with xp play as standalone non internet against computer components? as standalone single player maybe?
Sadly, I don't think it's possible. *-)
"With Windows XP, Yes You Can"