BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 4d, 23h, 17m | CPU: 36% | MEM: 5721MB of 12287MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: What's The Rarest Build Of Whistler Ever?        Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:38 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows XP Server 2003 5.1 5.2
I was always wondering, what is the rarest most hard to find build of Whistler?

Also what's the most common build of Whistler out their?

Figured I would ask because I have a bunch if not all the Whistler builds saved on my PC .

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: What's The Rarest Build Of Whistler Ever?        Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:16 pm 
Donator

That's pretty easy. The leaked builds are the most common and unleaked builds are the rarest. As long as we are talking about ISOs or any other disc images, because there is no concept of rarity on the Internet. It's either public or not.

I am also pretty sure you don't have all Whistler builds, since only a small fraction of them is leaked. The vast majority of Whistler (or any other version, really) builds have never left Microsoft. It's just like an iceberg, only a small portion of it is above sea level. Most of it is underwater:

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What's The Rarest Build Of Whistler Ever?        Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:38 am 

Favourite OS
Win9X,AmigaOS,GEOS2.0,EAW P8000
the rarest versions are the ones that did not come out of Microsoft.

I would have liked to try the Windows Odyssey or the Triton, although they might have been very limited alphas versions.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What's The Rarest Build Of Whistler Ever?        Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:45 am 
FTP Access

AbandoSoftware wrote:

I would have liked to try the Windows Odyssey or the Triton, although they might have been very limited alphas versions.

No builds were made for Odyssey and Triton.

The rarest builds would be some internal builds that Microsoft don't even have now and unleaked builds. All publicly leaked builds are not rare as they can be downloaded from the internet.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What's The Rarest Build Of Whistler Ever?        Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:44 pm 
FTP Access

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe, Existence

Favourite OS
Windows XP SP3, Windows 1.0 DR5
OSTOURS wrote:
I was always wondering, what is the rarest most hard to find build of Whistler?

Also what's the most common build of Whistler out their?

Figured I would ask because I have a bunch if not all the Whistler builds saved on my PC .

I know it's already answered, but the unleaked builds are the rarest.

3. Windows 10
4. Windows 2000
5. Windows 8.1
6. Windows Vista (SP2)
7. Windows 8.0
8. Windows Vista (SP0)
9. Windows ME

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What's The Rarest Build Of Whistler Ever?        Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:16 am 

Favourite OS
ComputerHunter wrote:
AbandoSoftware wrote:

No builds were made for Odyssey and Triton.

The rarest builds would be some internal builds that Microsoft don't even have now and unleaked builds. All publicly leaked builds are not rare as they can be downloaded from the internet.

Well, no one really knows if that's 100% true

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What's The Rarest Build Of Whistler Ever?        Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:49 am 
FTP Access

What do you mean? I can give you 1 million dollars if you can find any Odyssey and Triton builds. Odyssey was probably planned extensively and development started before being merged with Neptune but please accept the fact that no builds were ever made. Development includes planning, they don't just go and make a build without a plan.

If you meant nobody knows which build is rare, well common sense tells me internal builds that weren't released to developers are the rarest. Think about that, if a build was distributed outside of Microsoft, a chance is that is will leak. Even if it was unleaked, that does not make it rare as many developers might have the build but they never share it with anybody. Rare ones are the ones distributed internally (less people have it) and probably discarded 20 years ago.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What's The Rarest Build Of Whistler Ever?        Posted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:18 am 

Favourite OS
ComputerHunter wrote:
What do you mean? I can give you 1 million dollars if you can find any Odyssey and Triton builds. Odyssey was probably planned extensively and development started before being merged with Neptune but please accept the fact that no builds were ever made. Development includes planning, they don't just go and make a build without a plan.

What I was saying is that no one knows for sure if they made a build or not

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What's The Rarest Build Of Whistler Ever?        Posted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:11 am 
FTP Access

I am sure no builds were made because of all the documents and emails from Microsoft. As I said, send me a build and I will give you 1 million dollars. I really don't want to argue about whether any builds were made because it is so pointless and off-topic.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What's The Rarest Build Of Whistler Ever?        Posted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:52 pm 

Favourite OS
ComputerHunter wrote:
I am sure no builds were made because of all the documents and emails from Microsoft. As I said, send me a build and I will give you 1 million dollars. I really don't want to argue about whether any builds were made because it is so pointless and off-topic.

Well, no one knows if they actually made builds or no. Which is why we shouldn't say that they made/didn't make builds for it as if we know if it's true or false

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What's The Rarest Build Of Whistler Ever?        Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:18 am 
FTP Access

Offtopic Comment
Read all the antitrust documents and you will see.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What's The Rarest Build Of Whistler Ever?        Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:02 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows Whistler 2296
I'd say build 2422, since it was announced but never released, and it's desirable as it is (potentially, we don't know since it wasn't released) the first ever build with the beta Luna theme.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What's The Rarest Build Of Whistler Ever?        Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:47 pm 
Permanently Banned

Favourite OS
Windows XP Home Edition
Build 2438 has to be the rarest, because it was only featured on Beta Versions of the Windows XP Tour (Builds 2465-2475)

Formerly WindowsLover2016
February 2017 - September 2018

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What's The Rarest Build Of Whistler Ever?        Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:41 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows XP & Whistler 2419
Probably Whistler Build 2415 that had the earliest version of Luna, but sadly that build was never leaked :P

Top  Profile