BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 40d, 9h, 11m | CPU: 40% | MEM: 5920MB of 12287MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Windows XP Starter Edition Wallpapers        Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:28 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP & Windows 7
_Ken_ wrote:
Longesthorn wrote:
Downloaded the Indian Language CD, however I cannot find where the wallpapers are located. There's only two language folders, and when I open their .MSIs there's a lot of "F_StarterUA" files, many of which contain .SWFs. I even checked inside those and I can't find them.
Yeah the lang CD was pretty bare from memory, walpapers are probably on the 1st CD.
Here's the download of those wallpapers, screen savers, & what looks like a shell branding file.

thanks for the pics :P need the 2 png's that went with the screensavers cloth1.png & spiral.png :$

back in 2008 in a show your desktop type thread you posted a pic of your desktop saying the picture on it was from xp starter,do you still have the pic? here is from that post:

"On top of the Corcovado mountain, the highest peak in Rio De janeiro,
Which is next to Sugar loaf mountain, which as some of you might know
is what one of the desktops are in Windows XP Starter Edition... "

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows XP Starter Edition        Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:11 pm 

alpha.burton wrote:
thanks for the pics :P need the 2 png's that went with the screensavers cloth1.png & spiral.png :$

back in 2008 in a show your desktop type thread you posted a pic of your desktop saying the picture on it was from xp starter,do you still have the pic? here is from that post:

Pretty sure that wallpaper was something I sourced elsewhere, I'll have to keep digging through backups til I find it..
Here's some more wallpapers from Portugese / Brazil starter edition.

Here's the missing png's from the Eng / India Starter SCRs, had to wait til these were emailed back to me..

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows XP Starter Edition        Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:13 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP & Windows 7
_Ken_ wrote:
alpha.burton wrote:

Pretty sure that wallpaper was something I sourced elsewhere, I'll have to keep digging through backups til I find it..

Here's the missing png's from the Eng / India Starter SCRs, had to wait til these were emailed back to me..

Many Many Thanks :D

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows XP Starter Edition        Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:29 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP & Windows 7
[/quote]Many Many Thanks :D[/quote]This CD is in my home now. But, I got these files.
https://mega.nz/#!vwUkFKIA!Uq1Z4_M0NrwU ... bBVGwcv95A
This Windows XP Starter Edition (Turkish) Wallpapers[/quote]

Anyway to get the 2 screensaver images from this? they are cloth1.png & spiral.png. thanks

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows XP Starter Edition        Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:24 pm 
FTP Access

_Ken_ wrote:

Were those 3 other wallpapers sample pictures? They're at 640x480 and 1024x768, rather than 800x600. Plus they have nothing to do with Brazil unlike the other 3.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows XP Starter Edition        Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:59 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP Longhorn (3683)
alpha.burton wrote:
@ Magirus - Deutz
This CD is in my home now. But, I got these files.
This Windows XP Starter Edition (Turkish) Wallpapers

do you have the 2 screensaver images for the turkish one?they would be flag/spiral png's i think in the STARTOC.CAB

all we need now is someone to find the Vietnamese & India wallpapers and screensaver images.
Image[/url]ImageImage

alpha.burton wrote:
Many Many Thanks :D[/quote]This CD is in my home now. But, I got these files.

Anyway to get the 2 screensaver images from this? they are cloth1.png & spiral.png. thanks[/quote]

Just "spiral.png" file is in CAB file. But, I couldn't see "cloth1.png" file.

The legendary OS is Windows XP

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows XP Starter Edition        Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:53 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP & Windows 7
Magirus - Deutz wrote:
alpha.burton wrote:
@ Magirus - Deutz
This Windows XP Starter Edition (Turkish) Wallpapers

do you have the 2 screensaver images for the turkish one?they would be flag/spiral png's i think in the STARTOC.CAB

all we need now is someone to find the Vietnamese & India wallpapers and screensaver images.
Image[/url]ImageImage

alpha.burton wrote:
Many Many Thanks :D

Anyway to get the 2 screensaver images from this? they are cloth1.png & spiral.png. thanks[/quote]

Just "spiral.png" file is in CAB file. But, I couldn't see "cloth1.png" file.[/quote]

Post the Startoc.cab if you dont care

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows XP Starter Edition        Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:16 am 
FTP Access

Urrr. Startoc.cab is not good enough... BTW, I've got the original Portuguese version, not the one on the internet. If anybody want it, I might upload it.

P.S. There is no Starter Edition SP1 or SP3. The SP3 is made by PowerISO.

(2001 - 2019)

You will be remembered
forever

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows XP Starter Edition        Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:29 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP & Windows 7
ComputerHunter wrote:
Urrr. Startoc.cab is not good enough... BTW, I've got the original Portuguese version, not the one on the internet. If anybody want it, I might upload it.

P.S. There is no Starter Edition SP1 or SP3. The SP3 is made by PowerISO.

sure post a link to it :) perferably mega.nz if you can

the one Magirus - Deutz has is the turkish version and if he found the walls and spiral.png in the startoc.cab then chances are the flag1.png is there to i would think.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows XP Starter Edition        Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:37 am 
FTP Access

Well, if yo u have read my other Starter Edition thread, you will know how slow my internet is... I will upload it and don't worry (to Mega.nz). I did compare the Startoc.cab and they are the same.

(2001 - 2019)

You will be remembered
forever

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows XP Starter Edition        Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:56 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP & Windows 7
ComputerHunter wrote:
Well, if yo u have read my other Starter Edition thread, you will know how slow my internet is... I will upload it and don't worry (to Mega.nz). I did compare the Startoc.cab and they are the same.

lol about the upload. which did you compare it to? one on the ftp or somewhere else? i'm wishing i had the startoc.cabs from the tk-tk and es-es ones on the fpt. wandering why they are both versions are over 800mb also.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows XP Starter Edition        Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:00 am 
FTP Access

No, from the one on archive.org. https://archive.org/details/xpstarter_ptbr

The archive.org one is 100% non genuine!

(2001 - 2019)

You will be remembered
forever

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows XP Starter Edition        Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:04 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP & Windows 7
ComputerHunter wrote:
No, from the one on archive.org. https://archive.org/details/xpstarter_ptbr

The archive.org one is 100% non genuine!

cool :) share the startoc,cab till you get time to upload the whole iso . you could post the iso on archive.org if you would rather.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows XP Starter Edition        Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:15 am 
FTP Access

I mean the Startoc.cab is exactly the same... I don't want to post on archive.org...

(2001 - 2019)

You will be remembered
forever

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows XP Starter Edition        Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:45 am 

Longesthorn wrote:
_Ken_ wrote:

Were those 3 other wallpapers sample pictures? They're at 640x480 and 1024x768, rather than 800x600. Plus they have nothing to do with Brazil unlike the other 3.
Actually no, looks like I'd saved wallpapers from another build in that folder I saved from years ago, not sure which build or where I sourced them..
Just looked in the startoc cab on the ISO I downloaded back then they're not in it..
Here's that startoc.cab.

alpha.burton wrote:

Probably do somewhere in an old backup, doing a reverse image search in tineye shows it's this image.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows XP Starter Edition        Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:55 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP & Windows 7
Really need someone here that has ties to Vietnam to help find the Vietnamese version.since other versions are popping up i thought maybe it would/could too.

These are the display properties showing some of the walls

ImageImage

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows XP Starter Edition        Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:41 am 
FTP Access

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/photo/vietnam-mai-chau-rice-paddies-high-res-stock-photography/10193501

Mai Chau Rice Paddies, Vietnam

(2001 - 2019)

You will be remembered
forever

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows XP Starter Edition        Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:17 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP & Windows 7
ComputerHunter wrote:

i had found that one plus theres a book called east asia that uses the same pic.
you ever get a link to the iso yet you have?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows XP Starter Edition        Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:04 am 
FTP Access

1. Yes, you right but we never managed to get a good quality one... My one is very low in quality, the screenshots online are low quality and covered up by icons and this one is bad quality as well. If you have a better one, please post it here.

2. No, but in a month time...

(2001 - 2019)

You will be remembered
forever

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows XP Starter Edition        Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:36 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP & Windows 7
ComputerHunter wrote:
1. Yes, you right but we never managed to get a good quality one... My one is very low in quality, the screenshots online are low quality and covered up by icons and this one is bad quality as well. If you have a better one, please post it here.

mine was blurrier than yours,so i kept yours till the real one shows up.

thats cool.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows XP Starter Edition        Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:19 pm 
FTP Access

ComputerHunter wrote:

Unfortunately it seems this was taken down from Getty Images. Your only bet would be to track down the photographer and try and buy it off them directly, or just wait until someone manages to get the Vietnamese XP Starter.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows XP Starter Edition        Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:28 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP & Windows 7
ComputerHunter wrote:

here is the one i have.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows XP Starter Edition        Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:40 am 
FTP Access

Ya, that one was edited from a screenshot, right? Same as my one... The resolution don't get higher.

I am pretty sure all Starter Edition wallpapers were from CORBIS and Getty Images. Bill Gates used to own CORBIS a few years back, then it was sold to Getty Images. Some images are even online right now, but sadly the Vietnamese picture was offline...

(2001 - 2019)

You will be remembered
forever

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows XP Starter Edition        Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:29 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP & Windows 7
ComputerHunter wrote:
Ya, that one was edited from a screenshot, right? Same as my one... The resolution don't get higher.

I am pretty sure all Starter Edition wallpapers were from CORBIS and Getty Images. Bill Gates used to own CORBIS a few years back, then it was sold to Getty Images. Some images are even online right now, but sadly the Vietnamese picture was offline...

thats what i was telling you about when i said mine was blurry

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows XP Starter Edition        Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:56 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP & Windows 7
[Off Topic] Here is a wallpaper i made years ago copying from the windows 98 one.its only 1024x768 but it fit the monitors of the day.

Top  Profile