BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 48d, 21h, 40m | CPU: 19% | MEM: 6675MB of 11237MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 PostPost subject: Microsoft Neptune driver compatibility        Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:53 am 
Reply with quote
Offline

Joined
Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:37 am

Posts
3
Given how Microsoft Neptune uses a similar codebase to Windows 2000, and would eventually be merged with Odyssey to create Whistler, would Microsoft Neptune be compatible with Windows 2000 drivers, or would Windows XP drivers work better?

_________________
I write things and make stuff when I'm bored.

Also, I used to be sammy.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Neptune driver compatibility        Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:05 pm 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:29 pm

Posts
41

Location
US of A

Favourite OS
4039
Either in a .inf file would probably work


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Neptune driver compatibility        Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:32 pm 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:28 am

Posts
1364

Location
Slovenia

Favourite OS
5111
I'd say 2000's drivers are a closer match, but both are probably worth a try.

_________________
Image

KRNL386 - my site about retro computing | My site about Windows 1.0 | My blog | 86Box Manager - my configuration manager for 86Box


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Neptune driver compatibility        Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:33 am 
Reply with quote
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:29 pm

Posts
54

Location
Temmie Village

Favourite OS
Windows Longhorn Build 4074
TheMajorTechie wrote:
Given how Microsoft Neptune uses a similar codebase to Windows 2000, and would eventually be merged with Odyssey to create Whistler, would Microsoft Neptune be compatible with Windows 2000 drivers, or would Windows XP drivers work better?

Just use Windows 2000 drivers. Neptune is in no way related to XP, other than being labeled as NT 5.5

_________________
hOI!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!!!


Last edited by YourAverageJoe on Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Neptune driver compatibility        Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:33 am 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:29 pm

Posts
41

Location
US of A

Favourite OS
4039
YourAverageJoe wrote:
TheMajorTechie wrote:
Given how Microsoft Neptune uses a similar codebase to Windows 2000, and would eventually be merged with Odyssey to create Whistler, would Microsoft Neptune be compatible with Windows 2000 drivers, or would Windows XP drivers work better?

Just use Windows 2000 drivers. Neptune is in no way related to XP, other than being labeled as NT 5.1



Neptune is actually NT 5.5


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Neptune driver compatibility        Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:25 am 
Reply with quote
Offline

Joined
Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:37 am

Posts
3
That's what I was thinking. XP drivers might be able to work due to the version number, but 2000 drivers would probably have better compatibility due to having better API support since Neptune uses NT 5 code.

_________________
I write things and make stuff when I'm bored.

Also, I used to be sammy.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Microsoft Neptune driver compatibility        Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:14 am 
Reply with quote
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:29 pm

Posts
54

Location
Temmie Village

Favourite OS
Windows Longhorn Build 4074
WILSON2bGg wrote:
YourAverageJoe wrote:
TheMajorTechie wrote:
Given how Microsoft Neptune uses a similar codebase to Windows 2000, and would eventually be merged with Odyssey to create Whistler, would Microsoft Neptune be compatible with Windows 2000 drivers, or would Windows XP drivers work better?

Just use Windows 2000 drivers. Neptune is in no way related to XP, other than being labeled as NT 5.1



Neptune is actually NT 5.5

Thanks, I fixed it.

_________________
hOI!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!!!


Top  Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: win32 and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

All views expressed in these forums are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of the BetaArchive site owner.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Copyright © 2006-2018

 

Sitemap | XML | RSS