Origins of 2000 and XP wallpapers

Discuss Windows 2000, NT, XP and Windows Server 2000, 2003, SBS 2003.
Longesthorn
FTP Access

Re: Origins of 2000 and XP wallpapers

Post by Longesthorn »

ComputerHunter
FTP Access

Post by ComputerHunter »

https://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewt ... 97#p439597
I've added the stock image links for all Windows XP Starter Edition Wallpapers in the file Information.htm and most of them are still online today.

MrTechNews123
FTP Access

Post by MrTechNews123 »

omg I had no idea that these wallpapers had come from getty images of all places. i thought they were all for microsoft? guess not.
RIP NIPSEY HUSSLE.

Longesthorn
FTP Access

Post by Longesthorn »

Some of Vista's wallpapers were taken by Microsoft employees, though most came from Getty, a few from Corbis (later bought by VCG, its photos are now distributed on Getty) and a few from hired photographers. Half of 7's sample pictures were taken by Microsoft employees too. There is also a possibility Microsoft created XP's graphic design wallpapers (Ripple, Crystal, etc) themselves though I can't confirm this.

MrTechNews123
FTP Access

Post by MrTechNews123 »

Longesthorn wrote:Some of Vista's wallpapers were taken by Microsoft employees, though most came from Getty, a few from Corbis (later bought by VCG, its photos are now distributed on Getty) and a few from hired photographers. Half of 7's sample pictures were taken by Microsoft employees too. There is also a possibility Microsoft created XP's graphic design wallpapers (Ripple, Crystal, etc) themselves though I can't confirm this.
wow, i would've never thought of that. but hey, you learn something new everyday. I love how you've collected all these wallpapers though.
RIP NIPSEY HUSSLE.

ComputerHunter
FTP Access

Post by ComputerHunter »

I think it is a good idea to make a Wallpaper Collection sub-form to post wallpaper projects in rather than having them all over the forum. It is also a good if the wallpapers can be added to the Photo Gallery with the source URL.

Longesthorn
FTP Access

Post by Longesthorn »

So I have created a whole wiki about Windows wallpapers now. It can be accessed at: https://windowswallpaper.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page.

os2fan2
Donator

Post by os2fan2 »

I did a cdrom of all of the Windows and OS/2 wallpapers, and there's a second (unreleased) one with all of the vista ones (vista - windows 10).