BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 4d, 11h, 18m | CPU: 8% | MEM: 2810MB of 4875MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

FTP: The FTP is planned to be offline for some time during Friday to Sunday this weekend for upgrades. 19/04/2018

Automatic Notice: The FTP is currently experiencing problems and is offline. Please sit tight while the problem is fixed. - 21/Apr 08:21am GMT

PostPost subject: Windows Server 2003 R2 Help        Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:27 am 
FTP Access

Woo I just got the 180 day CD from MS, But I am really annoyed, how do you disably that annoying Internet Explorer Enhanced Security stuff, I hate IE and not that stupid stuff is stopping me downloading anything including firefox, its like NT all over again.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:37 am 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
I havent found any way to disable it yet. I agree it is very annoying. You can download FF instead though, just add it to the allowed list when it prompts you.

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:49 am 
FTP Access

You can disable it: I think you have to go to Add/Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components, then follow the steps to remove IE Enhanced Security. Yes, this setting is in a rather obscure location...

There's a good guide to removing things like this from Server 2003 to make it more like a workstation at http://www.msfn.org/win2k3/ - you'll probably also want to disable things like the Shutdown Event Tracker.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:51 am 
Donator

@Vista Ultimate R2
You were faster :D Yes, it's removable in the Add/Remove Windows Somponents wizard or whatever it's called.

Top  Profile