Windows NT 4 Source Compiled! version 2

Discuss Windows 2000, NT, XP and Windows Server 2000, 2003, SBS 2003.
GalaxyExperience
FTP Access

Re: Windows NT 4 Source Compiled! version 2

Post by GalaxyExperience »

oh yes, thank you.
[code]My name is Nhan thank you for reading this line :D[/code]

vOSdev

Post by vOSdev »

I started developing my own fork of OpenNT based on the old-src repo. I'm currently trying to port the Windows 2000 about dialog.
EDIT: Done, also changed some icons and bitmaps from the explorer (for now I'm using the Windows 2000 resources).

nintendo1889

Post by nintendo1889 »

Raritize wrote:Alright, so I have great news and bad news.

Great news- I'm back, hopefully there shouldn't be interruptions for a while.

Bad news- Due to legal issues, I have decided to start from scratch. This means I have to go through the whole process of clean-rooming the source repository, which isn't going to be an easy task.

If any of you are willing to contribute, I would gladly appreciate it.
If you wanted to stay legal, you could release patches based on the leaked trees. It would make syncing changes a pain though. But you also don't develop in sync with other's changes, correct?

Tootles
Donator

Post by Tootles »

nintendo1889 wrote:
Raritize wrote:Alright, so I have great news and bad news.

Great news- I'm back, hopefully there shouldn't be interruptions for a while.

Bad news- Due to legal issues, I have decided to start from scratch. This means I have to go through the whole process of clean-rooming the source repository, which isn't going to be an easy task.

If any of you are willing to contribute, I would gladly appreciate it.
If you wanted to stay legal, you could release patches based on the leaked trees. It would make syncing changes a pain though. But you also don't develop in sync with other's changes, correct?
This is what happens when you grab someone else's code, put your name on it, and make it look like it's open source. No pity tbh.

I mean compiling with bugs fixed, adding things like more up-to-date driver compatibility and whatnot to it (maybe a 64bit build) would have been amazing, but FFS who puts their own name on someone else's code?

TBH this is what frustrates me about some parts of this community. There are some real clever people who do real cool things - and then there are script-kiddies.
Have a day.

Raritize

Post by Raritize »

Not sure why this thread was bumped, but I have no intentions of coming back to this project. I haven't touched anything NT related in a while, instead I've been focusing on my own personal projects, which have nothing to do with anything NT/Operating system related.

@admin I'd advise locking this thread or deleting it.

x010
Staff

Post by x010 »

And done. Edit - the main reason behind this is because of the inactivity of this thread rather than anything else.