BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 49d, 23h, 49m | CPU: 44% | MEM: 5730MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Info on Windows Whistler Beta1        Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:43 pm 
Hey guys i'm new in this community and I have a question about Windows Whistler Beta1.

Do any of you guys know if it is a bit stable cus after reading tru some old pc magazines i would really want to give it a shot. Because at the time of release (or leaking) of this build, I didn't have a DSL line to download it.

PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:43 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
Yep, from my experience its stable, but i think that was the case with all whistlers :P

I guess its because the changes werent huge, and it was added features that slowly expanded :)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:46 pm 
Donator

Hmm, for me, the user experience depended on the system. On one of mine, it was very stable (as you'd expect it from something that was basically Windows 2000), on the other system, I had frequent application crashes as in "... performed an illegal operation" and such.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:47 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
Isn't Firefox a problem app with Whistler?
Thats what I understand anyway...

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:51 pm 
Donator

hounsell wrote:
Isn't Firefox a problem app with Whistler?
Thats what I understand anyway...

If that was directed at me, I didn't even have any apps installed, the ones bundled with Whistler were constantly crashing. Funny thing was when an app crashed and Dr. Watson started only to crash as well...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:08 pm 
FTP Access

empireum wrote:
Funny thing was when an app crashed and Dr. Watson started only to crash as well...

That seems to happen on normal XP as well :P I always kill Watson completely by deleting its regkey, it doesn't seem to serve any purpose and half the time when an app crashes it just makes the PC thrash away for a bit before saying Watson has crashed too.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:06 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Neptune/Whistler2419/Linux Mint
i used to run whistler build 2410 on a spare pc,it ran ok, but i couldnt get many apps to install.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:15 pm 
Hey guys, thanks for the reply's, sorry that i didn't reply until now, but f*cking windows live hotmail filtred BETAARCHIVE emails into my spambox :S :S Anyway, i have another question, can anyone tell me where I can download this build or am I not allowed to ask that because of forum rules??

Max

PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:20 pm 
maxvk wrote:
Hey guys, thanks for the reply's, sorry that i didn't reply until now, but f*cking windows live hotmail filtred BETAARCHIVE emails into my spambox :S :S Max

I had that same problem when I upgraded to live, I changed my
address here & never got the re-confirmation email...

maxvk wrote:
Anyway, i have another question, can anyone tell me where I can download this build or am I not allowed to ask that because of forum rules??

Max

You can download it from here if you hang around for long enough &
join in on the conversations...

PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:27 pm 
Okay well that sounds good to me, cus I was already wanted to join conversations here on the fora. Thanks for your feedback anyway!

Max

PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:05 pm 
I want to download whistler 2296, so I enter some imformation,excuse me! sorry

PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:55 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Mac OS 9.2.2
Please do not post in old topics with irrelevant information.

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]