BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 26d, 12h, 9m | CPU: 51% | MEM: 5654MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Fixing Themes/Direct X in Whistler 2250        Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:01 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Vista Beta 1 (6.0.5112)
So I've just installed Whistler build 2250...I've had to turn the date back to June 28, 2000. How can I fix this to where I can use the regular date? Direct X snd the theme seems to crash when not using the right date. There's no activation, so this should be simple fix...just wondering if anybody's got any info on that. Thanks!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Fixing Themes/Direct X in Whistler 2250        Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:45 pm 
4tified wrote:
So I've just installed Whistler build 2250...I've had to turn the date back to June 28, 2000. How can I fix this to where I can use the regular date? Direct X snd the theme seems to crash when not using the right date. There's no activation, so this should be simple fix...just wondering if anybody's got any info on that. Thanks!

Removing the appropriate code from the setupreg.hiv is the way to fix the
date problem, though you'll still have to install on june02 as catalogue files
are outdated beyond a certain date, then just move the date forward when
installed.
As far as directx is concerned, i've found that finding the latest vga drivers
available for your card that actually don't crash the system sometimes also
allow the later build of directx to install without crashing the system on a
reboot.
I've found that if I attempt to update directx 1st then the vga drivers, there's
less success at it working.
I even had directx9 work on Neptune once by finding appropriate vga drivers
for the system, that didn't actually crash it on a reboot, it was an ati machII from memory,
though from memory, running the directx diagnostic utility froze the system.